ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 928
Work brings me to the Inland Empire, I'll pay you for a place to stay!

Hey everyone!

This is short notice.

I'm a contract delivery driver for Home Depot, and I've accepted a contract to deliver for 2 weeks in the inland empire area, around Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Fontana, East Vale, Ontario area.

Rather than stay in a hotel again, like I always do, I thought I would check in here and see if anyone has a room in their home that they would be interested in renting out for fair market value for 2 weeks?

Anything is better than a hotel.

I've just got to be able to park a Semi tractor somewhere within walking distance and I'm good to go. I'll be bringing a carry-on suitcase, and that's it. I've got stories to share as well if you're into that.

I'll be out of the house by 7am, and probably not back until after 5pm. Monday-Saturday.

Anyone interested?

Dates are Monday night April 20th to Sunday morning May 3rd.

I figure $500for the two week term is fair? Need more? I'm negotiable. I save money, you make money, everyone happy? Let me know!

Call or text at:
360-840-8014

bigalsmith101 screwed with this post 04-16-2015 at 01:36 PM
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,666
hi big al. i read your RR and one of the best...except yours has the most crashes/accidents and still you persevered....

hope someone in the area able to see this post and provide lodging.

good luck and enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
Hey everyone!

This is short notice.

I'm a contract delivery driver for Home Depot, and I've accepted a contract to deliver for 2 weeks in the inland empire area, around Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Fontana, East Vale, Ontario area.

Rather than stay in a hotel again, like I always do, I thought I would check in here and see if anyone has a room in their home that they would be interested in renting out for fair market value for 2 weeks?

Anything is better than a hotel.

I've just got to be able to park a Semi tractor somewhere within walking distance and I'm good to go. I'll be bringing a carry-on suitcase, and that's it. I've got stories to share as well if you're into that.

I'll be out of the house by 7am, and probably not back until after 5pm. Monday-Saturday.

Anyone interested?

Dates are Monday night April 20th to Sunday morning May 3rd.

I figure $500for the two week term is fair? Need more? I'm negotiable. I save money, you make money, everyone happy? Let me know!

Call or text at:
360-840-8014
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #3
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
hi big al. i read your RR and one of the best...except yours has the most crashes/accidents and still you persevered....

hope someone in the area able to see this post and provide lodging.

good luck and enjoy your stay.
Every once in a while the plate in my left fibula reminds me of those crashes! Not my proudest moment, but a memorable one!!!

If I can't find a host, I'll probably resort to a hotel
Old 04-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
Dangerish
I fall a lot

Oddometer: 208
I would offer, but I don't have a spare room. Also, there is no commercial vehicle parking in my neighborhood. I'm registered on the ADV tent space map, but I doubt you'd want to spend two weeks in a tent, lol.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerish View Post
I would offer, but I don't have a spare room. Also, there is no commercial vehicle parking in my neighborhood. I'm registered on the ADV tent space map, but I doubt you'd want to spend two weeks in a tent, lol.
I'm half tempted to spend two weeks in a tent, considering the money saved. But you're right, it would not be very accommodating. Thanks for the offer either way!
Old 04-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,640
Plenty of room in the house, and parking a semi tractor no problem....

getting to Ontario area approximately 2 hours each way ! Problem?

Camarillo is near Ventura. Take the 118 and 210 to IE and the drive is not too bad.

spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 12,002
We rent rooms, a 'cabin' and a 'bungalow' sometimes on a short term basis. We may be able to fix you up. I don't know where you would park a big rig though. Email us and I will give you the address and you can google it and see about parking. Or call the City of Claremont and ask them. There is no over night parking in Claremont on City streets. You could call Johnnys Tree Service and ask John if you can park on his lot if you rent from us...it's across the street.
Don't even THINK about parking outside our house
No smoking
No pets
No guests (single occupancy)
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
We rent rooms, a 'cabin' and a 'bungalow' sometimes on a short term basis. We may be able to fix you up.
Don't even THINK about parking outside our house
No smoking
No pets
No guests (single occupancy)
Sent you an email!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #9
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Found a place to stay!

Checked in yesterday afternoon with TUCKERS and I'm glad that I did! Much better than any hotel room, and way more entertaining! I'm very happy to have had success with this post!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #10
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 12,002
bigalsmith (Alex) has been great! He REALLY helped our visitor Martyn from Australia get parts for his bike. He is a fireball on the phone and knows how to get things done and moving. We had a blast fixing up Martyn's bike and shooting the shit.
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #11
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,493
I remember reading Big Al's RR about a year ago. I see THD is keeping you employed. The rr down south was a good one.

I see the Tucker's had a great place for you. Hotels suck. Reminds me, I have to book a room for tonight. Traveling for work is not much fun.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #12
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
I remember reading Big Al's RR about a year ago. I see THD is keeping you employed. The rr down south was a good one.

I see the Tucker's had a great place for you. Hotels suck. Reminds me, I have to book a room for tonight. Traveling for work is not much fun.
Hola! The glorious home depot is the reason for my employment, but I work alongside another guy, and we contract to the company that delivers for home depot. They are called XPO Last Mile.

I've been fortunate to have this job, as it provides the income for the future!

Hotels do indeed suck, and it looks like I'll be here at the Tuckers for a third week as well. Traveling for work is not much fun, but when the pay rates nearly triple, I find a valid excuse to hit the road!