ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #151
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Oddometer: 1,386
Thumb Sunday?

I'll be out riding this Sunday.
Tomorrow is the bike show in Long Beach

Pointman
IBA #5
CarsonTahoeAdventureMoto.com
Pointman0853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #152
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Thx, CB. Planning on riding tomorrow. Keep an eye out for a beat up 950 and a 1/2 worn-out KLR.

Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corybaby
Sorry if the ext for Josh isnt as current as i hoped, maybe he got promoted and is now the guy who DID know what was up.....it was last summer
Anyway , i was up today and all is open.......
went from silverado gate to four corners then to the Golf ball and back (19 miles of trail one way) sweeeet! (skyline) fun ride , the road to santiago pk is open, i did that last time it was open,,,,,,,i was glad the KLR didnt break, woulda been a long walk from skyline.....
goin again in the morning if my tequilla headache isnt too bad.....gonna check out Bedford and whatever else my wife pass will cover...

i would post pics but cant figure it out?.......teq?
anyway, yall have seen it
Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #153
MrMike
No self control

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Again
Hey ladies, I am up for a ride tomorrow. How about we meet at the market in Silverado? That hangover should be over by say ....9AM? I took my new ride up there and it loves the dirt.
I'll tag along on the SE if that's OK with you. I will be there way before 9 if I'm coming. I've not stopped at the market just the Café so if you see a short dude on a big orange bike wondering around it might just be me . So probably see you in the morning.
'06 Ktm 950 SM
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #154
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfpunk
... and a 1/2 worn-out KLR.

Marty
And a 2/3 wore out rider.
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #155
Lost Again
Fresher Meat

Oddometer: 273
It's a date

OK then, it's a date. The little general store across from the Post Office at 9AM. I will be riding my new Honda XR650L. Here she is.

Lost Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #156
xjon
Pedantic Bastard

Oddometer: 387
How about Sunday? Any up for a ride on Sunday?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #157
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
Hey Mike, I like to leave early too. What time and where? If you don't check tonight, I'll check early (5 am) Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike
I'll tag along on the SE if that's OK with you. I will be there way before 9 if I'm coming. I've not stopped at the market just the Café so if you see a short dude on a big orange bike wondering around it might just be me . So probably see you in the morning.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #158
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
i should be out tomarrow. im hoping to be starting at main divide and working around a bit some time around 7. you see some asshat kid on a green 250, thats me.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #159
luv2race
Confused

Look for me.........

On this.........
Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #160
luv2race
Confused

I'm out, I got called into work. You guys have fun, it's a beautiful day!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 PM   #161
boyfester
Urban Explorer

Oddometer: 155
I had my first ride ever with my XRL this morning with my dad; who's loving every minute of his retirement. We cruised through the Silverado Canyon Rd gate at about 6:30am and rode til 8am when my bike died near Santiago Peak and Modjeska Peak. A rock flinged up and damaged my kick stand switch on the XRL. The damaged unit thought the kickstand was down and would proceed to kill the engine any time putting it in gear. I had to cut the unit off and join all three wires together to keep it running. The bike ran great after that although the kickstand light remained "on" on the heads-up display. What steps are required to turn this light off?

While fixing the pig, we met Fullerton rider Ace100 on his KLR and rode together to Santiago Peak before heading off in different directions. This was a great trip and I loved taking many riders' advice and coming early. There was no one around except for joggers and mtn bikers which meant no dust.

Marc
boyfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #162
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfester
What steps are required to turn this light off?

Marc
Follow these steps in this exact order:

1. Take roll of duct tape.
2. Tear off small piece.
3. Apply over pesky light.
4. Ride.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #163
Ace100
Expert Tomfoolerist

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfester
I had my first ride ever with my XRL this morning with my dad; who's loving every minute of his retirement. We cruised through the Silverado Canyon Rd gate at about 6:30am and rode til 8am when my bike died near Santiago Peak and Modjeska Peak. A rock flinged up and damaged my kick stand switch on the XRL. The damaged unit thought the kickstand was down and would proceed to kill the engine any time putting it in gear. I had to cut the unit off and join all three wires together to keep it running. The bike ran great after that although the kickstand light remained "on" on the heads-up display. What steps are required to turn this light off?

While fixing the pig, we met Fullerton rider Ace100 on his KLR and rode together to Santiago Peak before heading off in different directions. This was a great trip and I loved taking many riders' advice and coming early. There was no one around except for joggers and mtn bikers which meant no dust.

Marc
Yup, that was a fun ride! It was a blast riding up to Santiago peak with you and your Dad. Riding by myself, I usually take it kind of easy but riding with you guys I figured I could hit it a little and let you two make the call to the Medi-Vac if I went over the edge

Now, if you'd just quit staring at people:

More photos and mini ride report here:

From Irvine to Corona, the Hard Way

Ace100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #164
boyfester
Urban Explorer

Oddometer: 155
I'm sure you took note of my dad's old school Bell Moto 4 helmet then. When he had his helmet off, I noticed that he didn't have foam padding in some areas. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace100
Yup, that was a fun ride! It was a blast riding up to Santiago peak with you and your Dad. Riding by myself, I usually take it kind of easy but riding with you guys I figured I could hit it a little and let you two make the call to the Medi-Vac if I went over the edge

boyfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #165
Sidewaze1965
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quickie Ride 12-11-08

Went from Indian Truck Trail to Corona (Bedford? near golf course?). Not too busy today, 1 other bike, 3 SUV's, and a Cal Fire hand crew. I saw the hind quarters of a nice sized deer in the stand of pines just east of the towers at the peak.

Just a li'l solo ride on a beautiful day. Pic taken w/ cellphone. Sorry about the quality.
Sidewaze1965 is offline   Reply With Quote