ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #406
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,322
looked like it was locked south from 4 corners last sunday
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #407
foxgguy2001
Sheputy Deriff

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77
if for what ever reason you decide to sell that NX LET ME KNOW.....i dig em
Actually, I plan on getting rid of it as soon as I get the KTM... gonna need more tools, heh.
foxgguy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #408
Ace100
Expert Tomfoolerist

Oddometer: 412
[QUOTE=ffr2370]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace100
... I called the Trabuco ranger's station yesterday and the guy who answered said North Main Divide is open all the way down to Ortega. quote]

I checked the gate at Main Divide and Ortega this morning, it is still locked.
The county gate was locked at Skyline. We ended up driving down to Bedford and rode up to Santiago and back. We had a hell of a time finding access to Bedford. I'd never been up it and it's a pretty nondescript turn-off. What's involved with getting a key from the county for the Skyline gate?
Ace100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 AM   #409
foxgguy2001
Sheputy Deriff

[quote=Ace100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffr2370

The county gate was locked at Skyline. We ended up driving down to Bedford and rode up to Santiago and back. We had a hell of a time finding access to Bedford. I'd never been up it and it's a pretty nondescript turn-off. What's involved with getting a key from the county for the Skyline gate?
all you gotta do is call the # on the sign posted up there, and put a $100 dollar deposit for a year... and you can renew with the same 100 bucks. I believe the # is located somewhere here in this thread if you read through.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #410
corybaby
weekend adventurer

Oddometer: 184
pain in the a$$

You actually have to go to riverside city hall to get a key, hes right its a 100$ deposit and when your finished (get it back)or want to renew in 1 year you have to go back and use the same money..........ive never been able to figure out how that lock works, but since im carrying the key and im on my bike..... .....uh.....there are options.....
"heres my key mr ranger"

So your sayin the gate to the peak IS open?
corybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #411
Ace100
Expert Tomfoolerist

Oddometer: 412
The gates I went through yesterday were at the bottom of Bedford and Main Divide, south of Maple Springs. Both were open. There was just a bit of mud from run-off and a handful of snow patches near the top.
Ace100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #412
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,220
We did the same ride as Ace on Sunday. Down through Bedford to Corona to Elsinore, up Ortega...only to find a locked gate. Found some guys chipping trees and they told us the gates have yet to be opened this year. We had to backtrack.

I agree with Ace that the Bedford route isn't well marked and there are signs all over that state it is private property, but it's clearly a public access road to the trails. I'd for one like to someone to advise when the other gates are open. Maybe this weekend ??
groop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #413
levity
nano-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,088
it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

mrs-levity and I rode up Maple Springs out to Skyline

hillsides are gettin' green

soccer, anyone?

levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #414
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 905
Today, I rode up maple springs road, intending to cross over to Ortega if the gates were open. The gate going up to the peaks was open. Found some snow on the other side of the peaks. There was not much.

I wanted to go out via Ortega, but I found that main divide is closed at the Indian Truck Trail Junction. Indian Truck trail is closed too. Dropped my bike trying to turn around and it flooded. It took about 20 minutes to get going again. As I was about to leave a forrestry employee or maybe a volunteer came from the closed side and said that Indian was closed, main divide was closed to Ortega, and that the part I was on was supposed to be closed too, but somebody probably left the gate open. Anyways I went back out through Maple Springs road and went home.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #415
xDownSetx
U WOT M8?

Oddometer: 114
Foxgguy, JeffS, and I went up skyline today. All the gates were open. After being off the dirt for 6 months it felt good to get back on and get some confidence back.

I was doing great until a fellow rider and I decided to take the same apex on a turn and had a nice scare.

He stopped in time but I found my way to a huge rut, I don't recall what I did but maybe if he's a member here he can recall what I did. Either way the crashbars did their job and the bike was without a scratch and we were on our merry way.

I'm sure Fox will post up some pics when he gets a chance.
xDownSetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #416
JeffS77
cheap bastard

DownSet i got to say you handle that beast of a bike pretty good. that thing scoots along a lot faster then i thought a Wee would.
What a ride today it was entertaining and fun. i hope FoxGuy gets his pics up. next time you guys are heading up there for a ride let me know we can meet up at at skyline and head to silverado or even down to ortega (if it is open) for lunch and head back..should be a good full day in the saddle....i know i need more time on my bike as i am sure FoxGuy does to. i had a few oh shit moments today and i wasnt even going fast.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #417
xDownSetx
U WOT M8?

Quote:
DownSet i got to say you handle that beast of a bike pretty good. that thing scoots along a lot faster then i thought a Wee would.
What a ride today it was entertaining and fun. i hope FoxGuy gets his pics up. next time you guys are heading up there for a ride let me know we can meet up at at skyline and head to silverado or even down to ortega (if it is open) for lunch and head back..should be a good full day in the saddle....i know i need more time on my bike as i am sure FoxGuy does to. i had a few oh shit moments today and i wasnt even going fast.
Thanks man, the Wee is'nt as bad as some people think. Tho if you get the NX, and Fox on his 990, I dont think I will be in front much longer.

That sounds great dude, I'm sure Fox will be down for that. He should have the 990 by then.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #418
JeffS77
cheap bastard

uh scary to think of that guy on a 990 j/k
Old 03-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #419
xDownSetx
U WOT M8?

Quote:
uh scary to think of that guy on a 990 j/k
I'll be sure to remind him to get a set of crashbars added in the final cost.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #420
foxgguy2001
Sheputy Deriff

It's no suprised that after today I'm a bit worried too... though in retrospect I really have got to invest in the right tires. Pics will be up when I get home tomarrow