ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #5446
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Have a nice day and hopefully as the clouds clear today, so will your mental haze of self importance and self worship.
Well, unfortunately, it seems it's not clearing any time soon and the rain is falling in SoCal.

notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #5447
linksIT
nOObie

Oddometer: 252
linksIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #5448
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,112
Tides out, gonna go grab me a clam before a big wave comes in again....

happy Friday
Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #5449
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Oddometer: 233
Looks good up there. I am going to go ride with beers, wave at any LEO I pass offer them one and have a great time.
Fat Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #5450
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Tides out, gonna go grab me a clam before a big wave comes in again....

happy Friday
dam.... just looked at the surf it's small and crapy... but the clam bake is going stong

riding sunday up in sb
Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #5451
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
This reaction of yours is quite amazing, Sean. My only point was this idea of "rats" and "adv police" sounds quite conspiratorial when you see posts like the one I found where LEO's explicitly say they're reading the forums. Wasn't there some guy a few years ago ticketed for snapping a pic of himself at Rowher on the wrong side of the fence?

You may as well be talking about the "Black Star Shadow Man" with all your talk of "people on ADV are going to call the cops on us..."

I've said many times I don't give a flying fuck what people do when they ride. AND, I AGREE with what most of you say, that there's NOTHING illegal about bringing a few beers along the way, so long as you're off the bike when you drink them, clean up your mess, etc.. I know you guys are excellent riders and all that. I used to work for two brewing companies; I know all about promoting responsible consumption.

Sean, did you think I was such an asshole last November when we rode to Husky and shared a toast to your buddy? Did you think I was an asshole when we hung out at the Swinging Door for a few drinks? Was I or my girlfriend an asshole to your lovely wife and adorable son at Death Valley? I sure hope I wasn't but my guess is you're making way too much out of this. And don't even go there about drunk riding; we've all heard the stats on accidents involving motorcycle and the incidence of where alcohol was a factor with the rider.

Just give some thought to what we post in a public forum is all. Guys' wives, girlfriends, employers, etc... read this thread. We're spoiling peoples' fun. Plus, we're not the only riders there. I doubt 5% of those who ride CNF are even on this site. You think they give a flying fuck what they do up there? We're probably not the ones tearing it up, littering, getting our asses hauled off the mountain by EMS, but we're the most visible because it's plastered all over the site. I don't see how that makes me a Nazi. It's not like I'm telling you where you should and shouldn't ride based on what bike you own.

I can't seem to figure out why that's such an issue here in SoCal? The San Diego guys love their beer just as much as we do but it's funny... you NEVER hear them carrying on about it. The guys in Phoenix had their full moon ride but for all I could tell it was just riding, pictures, meetup info, etc... I know the NorCal guys love their herb even more than guys down here do but you wouldn't know it from reading those threads. I rode with some Ventura guys and they make you all look like choir boys... but NONE of them write about it.

And the hate here! It's so thick you can cut it with a knife. Why so damn angry? Look what happened last time to a guy who is well-liked and respected here in ADV. He was brutally slandered in a such a horrific and public manner, it was flushed down to Jo Mama. No one was banned, no one apologized. That's fucked up. All he did was suggest that maybe we should be a little more careful how we post on the thread. And I'm now supposedly a gay man who packs fudge. Really? I laugh at that but seriously, how old are you? You think your gay friends are cool with you talking like that? You don't have any gay friend? Sure you do. You know chances are 3% of ADV is probably gay, right? (BTW, we need more color here in general too) You're not always going to like what someone has to say, but what's the use of carrying on about "rats" and "nazis" and demonizing good people who simply have a different opinion?

All that tension is bad for business, guys. Back on June 20 I counted like 140 people who'd left here and popped up on three new sites. That's since jumped by 50%; it's now 196. That's probably quite a few smugmug accounts that are never going to be opened or renewed. And they didn't leave because of the "nazis." Look at the Lytle Creek to Baldy thread. Look at sniping on RFBK. It's UGLY.

That "secret" site has since doubled in size. And being a secret site means invitation-only; no LEO's can see what's going on. You think then they'd be free to carry on in whatever wild abandon they choose... except it's all just riding, pictures, planning, good natured laughs, etc... Here's an idea: if you all want to carry on about drinking & riding, pissing, vomiting, etc... create your own secret site and have a party. It's dirt cheap and no one's going to complain. I'm even going to take the high road and not say "don't come back!" There's plenty of room for everyone to ride and have a good time.

Tim, "hard section" as in hard for a Prius. There are parts of CNF that can be driven in a Prius but that first hill after the pavement is a lot steeper and rutted with no room to turn around for drivers with second thoughts. And again, I have no desire to control what people do when they ride. READ my words. I'm saying think about how you WRITE.

Jim, I know you hate me but I still gave your batteries a plug the other day.

Bob, you're a good guy as far as I can tell.

RAZR, thanks so much for the card! How in the world did you ever find both a happy birthday AND and get well card?!!! You didn't make it did you? You know, flattery will get you everywhere.

Well this wasn't really directed at anyone in particular but if the shoe fits......

Actually yea we had a good time or two. But seriously, who cares what gets posted here. Everything we Post here is about having fun. Regardless of how we have our fun, you choose to tell us not to have fun our way we choose. Whether it be posted here or not. It all works both ways. I'm sure the hikers have a forum where they talk about the damn dir bikers, just like we bash the hikers for hiking on a road we ride.

I don't care if cops read this. I've done lots of drugs with my cop buddies and their cop buddies so I know most of them are pretty cool too.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #5452
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #5453
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
You guys are brutal! On the trail and on these forums. FWIW, I have never ever had any trouble with the law riding anywhere. That includes riding my red sticker 300 during green sticker months. Of course I'm a mellow rider and very quiet/low impact on the trails.

Times have changed up in CNF. Looks like the days of running the cool single track to old Saddleback Park from Blackstar Canyon are long gone and fenced off besides.

I just like to ride. Last night was a trip cruising fireroads in darkness and warm rain. I'm happy I had a chance to test out the stock lighting system. Looks like it will be just fine for the upcoming night ride in Big Bear. That little 81 miler was a lot of fun.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #5454
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmichael View Post
What the fuck happened on this thread tonight?????.......All I know is, I had a fucking blast riding tonight in the CNF! Conditions were damn near perfect on the fireroad, although it was a bit slippery on some of the trails. My front brake lever is testament! Good to see you Rob and Dale. Nice to meet and ride with Greg and Chris. Too bad you didnt Summit with us Tony, but Im sure we will hit the trail again!
Here is the type of riding I did to clear my head when I was between jobs:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=1

That was when I was weighing in at 70+ lbs heavier!

I plan on doing a big ADV style on/offroad loop through the desert when the weather cools down. I thinking 200+ miles a day is good for me.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #5455
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
Scott, I'm sorry you're so intolerant, but I "have" no thread in which to "remain." This is ADV; it's for everyone. CNF is no more "your" thread than the trails. We'll just have to share. I've been riding, hiking, spending my free time in CNF for 26 years. It's practically in my back yard. I'm not about to stop now. Posting a video about show filmed in the CNF is trolling? It's local news, relevant to where we ride, and wasn't meant to single anyone in particular out. Now I don't live near Rowher and have never ridden there. I posted there ONCE over a year ago and have no plans on visiting the thread again, so if you want me to stay away from that thread, you got it man.
Bull Shit! You posted on Klammers Quatro de Mayo ride this year and we all know what happend there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #5456
Fasteddie92882
backinthesaddle

Oddometer: 40
2 thumbs up

Someday I too -- will do one of those cool rides
Awesome for you and cool pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Here is the type of riding I did to clear my head when I was between jobs:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=1

That was when I was weighing in at 70+ lbs heavier!

I plan on doing a big ADV style on/offroad loop through the desert when the weather cools down. I thinking 200+ miles a day is good for me.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #5457
Fasteddie92882
backinthesaddle

Oddometer: 40
Wow

This shit is crazy!

Just a thought, you might be riding with LEO and not know it.

My best friend and riding amigo is a Fed Swat guy. He could really give a fuck what anybody does up there, with a disclaimer-- until you hurt me or him :).

Drink all you want when riding, I have a few myself. I just gauge my risk VS. reward type thing.

Cheers
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #5458
Cannabinoid
Banned

Most cops don't want to be working cops on their off time....and I don't blame them one bit. I talked with fudgy one night in the cafe, he strikes me as a good sort, maybe not the hooligan that many of us are, but not someone who would call the police to save you from yourself, but hey, that's just my gut feeling man.

Did anyone go up tonight? 75 degrees and looking clear.
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #5459
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilleralesbane View Post
I talked with fudgy one night in the cafe, he strikes me as a good sort, maybe not the hooligan that many of us are, but not someone who would call the police to save you from yourself.
He's a self absorbed creep, hypocrite, who doesnt practice what he preaches. He's the biggest troll on here, And this opinion seems to be shared by many if not most, including mods. This is evidenced by the fact that he appears to have been invited to leave. Hopefully for good this time.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #5460
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,173
lets play a game...guess whos banned this week

I will be wrenching on bikes all weekend this weekend..but may head up for a short trip next weekend..need to break the new motor in on this old thing.

I may be having a small bike ride out of green valley lake say the first week of august...this will be small displacement n00bish bikes not them real dirt bikes the big boys ride.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote