ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #5821
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. thumbs View Post
Jeff - How is the dog doing? Mine are like children to me.
Not good, had to put him down last night at the vets about 9:30. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. My kids took it really hard and that was almost the worst part. He was a good dog to say the least and we are going to miss him.

Now I have to go ride to try and get out of this funk if that is even possible.

Thank you for asking Tony
Fat Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #5822
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,266
Thinking of going up to the peak tonight around 4 or 5. Hopefully them nasty hikers are off the mountain by then.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #5823
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Is that a sub forum at Zoosk?
The alternative lifestyle sub forum.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #5824
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Heading out for trip to the top. Be at the gate around 4:45-5:00
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #5825
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
Rode again this morning. New sign at the gate...your tax dollars hard at work. One visit by Darryl Hannah to make this "Grizzly National Monument", and now we have this sign..WTF. Show me zee papers.

Photobucket
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #5826
Off Limits
Really?

hey fuck face rangers, fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #5827
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
Looks like I'll be visiting the ranger station on thursday for some answers when I get back from AZ.

If we have to pay for a permit I'm gonna shit a Twinkie right there in the rangers office.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #5828
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. thumbs View Post
Looks like I'll be visiting the ranger station on thursday for some answers when I get back from AZ.

If we have to pay for a permit I'm gonna shit a Twinkie right there in the rangers office.
Just talked to a ranger he said if you can shit a Twinkie in the rangers office you can have a free pass

he said ask for Ranger Stranger Danger

seriously though WTF

How, Where, do you get a pass

looks like a 9/16 bolt

EDIT: I looked up Order 02-07-12
looks like they made use of an old sign laying around possibly

This order is effective from November 20, 2007
through November 09, 2008

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/clevel...telprdb5294634

airborndad screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 07:32 PM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #5829
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Wtf

This sign might be a good thing judging by all the dickwad kids in their prerunners I experienced this evening.
Serious, there were no less than 15 cages on that road that did not belong their. To top it off here's me cruising nice and mellow when low and behold 4 highschoolers in a green tacoma come ripping around the corner. We barely missed each other with me going almost going over the side.
So what did I do? Turned around and caught up to the fuck heads and started ripping them a new one. Then the driver had the balls to say it was my fault with a couple f-words involved. Picked up my bike and carried on.
What we need to do is figure out how to get a permit.

Fat Nelly screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 10:33 PM Reason: can't spell
Old 10-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #5830
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Nelly View Post
This sign might be a good thing judging by all the dickwad kids in their prerunners I experienced this evening.
Serious, there were no less than 15 cages on that road that did not belong their. To top it off here's me cruising nice and mellow when low and behold 4 highschoolers in a green tacoma come ripping around the corner. We barely missed each other with me going almost going over the side.
So what did I do? Turned around and caught up to the fuck heads and started ripping them a new one. Then the driver had the balls to say it was my fault with a couple f-words involved. Then I proceeded to rip him through his window by the neck and I was able to get 4 good blows in to his face and head. He then decided to gas it with half his body out the window as I assume he was scared shitless. Picked up my bike and carried on. Man that felt good....
What we need to do is figure out how to get a permit.
Sounds like great time, but I wouldn't worry about the sign. It was most likely pulled from some locals garage and put up in their feeble attempt to keep riders and parties from going up.

Ask yourself this question, if the road/trail is closed to the public, why is the gate open.

Besides, ABD is correct, the order and sign are from years ago.

ORDER NO. 02-07-12
OCCUPANCY AND USE CLEVELAND NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), to protect public health and safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Cleveland National Forest. This order is effective from November 20, 2007 through November 09, 2008.
1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Santiago Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A and shown on Exhibit B. 36 CFR 261.52(e).
2. Being on National Forest System roads within the Santiago Fire Closure Area. 36 CFR 261.54(e).
3. Being on National Forest System trails within the Santiago Fire Closure Area. 36 CFR 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Owners or lessees of private land within the Santiago Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.
3. Persons who reside within the Santiago Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences.
4. Any Federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A. Done at San Diego, California, this 20th day of November , 2007
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #5831
Off Limits
Really?

So they put up a sign stating no entry without a permit that expired in 2008? And by the way, when you say the youngsters in the pre runners have no business being up there, you sound like a hypocrite. Accidents happen on forest service roads all the time. If some dirt bike rider was punching me through the window, he'd be dead and his bike would be smashed. Yes officer he was punching me through the window because he sidnt like the way I was driving. I hit the gas and he must have got sucked under my wheels. I'd be saying that in court as I prepared to sue his insurance company for road rage.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #5832
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
yep
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #5833
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
You would think that they would at least post a phone number or location where us tax paying citizens could obtain a permit to enter OUR National forest. They did the same shit at El Mirage. Doubled green/red sticker free and then start to charge a fee to use OUR land. Now there are red stakes all over the WEMO desert for newly closed trails. Some are even on the already BLM approved trails that are supposed to be used in this years LA-B-2-V.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #5834
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

F you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
So they put up a sign stating no entry without a permit that expired in 2008? And by the way, when you say the youngsters in the pre runners have no business being up there, you sound like a hypocrite. Accidents happen on forest service roads all the time. If some dirt bike rider was punching me through the window, he'd be dead and his bike would be smashed. Yes officer he was punching me through the window because he sidnt like the way I was driving. I hit the gas and he must have got sucked under my wheels. I'd be saying that in court as I prepared to sue his insurance company for road rage.

Wow, and I wanted to ride with you today.
I've got your hypocrite. Running downhill doing at least 50+ MPH on a one lane road in the fog is complete stupidity. You would have done the same thing if you were put in that situation. I thought I was going to die because we were within inches of each other by the time I put it off to the side and he flew right past me. There was no way he was going to stop in time. There were 4 of them and 1 of me. The kid needed to be taught a lesson period! If they would have got out of the truck then I probably would have learned a lesson and took a beating. Oh well.
He could have killed someone hiker, biker etc. yes there were bikes and hikers on that road at the time.

If it was you you would have killed me? Talk about a hypocrite. Punching is one thing, killing a man? You need to keep your .02 cents to yourself because you my friend are an ass. Also like the fact that you are like every other liberal in this state ready to go to court and sue. F you and the horse you rode in on forum cop!
Go get your lawyer now so you feel like a man.

Oh yeah here are the facts. Me cruising 2nd gear about 12 MPH on the right side of the road heading up between the peaks. Stupid kid who probably just got his license driving out of control. Crazy thing is I am sure it will happen again. This time I promise not to hit anybody.

Now you know why the road gets closed. Thanks for sticking up for the enemy kook!

Fat Nelly screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 09:28 PM
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #5835
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Nelly View Post

Now you know why the road gets closed. Thanks for sticking up for the enemy kook!

pot calling kettle black

your actions(if true) while stupid make you look like the enemy as well..just saying...two sides to every story.

And FYI you will almost be killed on any heavily travel dirt road...just the nature of it...If i stopped to teach a lesson to every asshole that almost ran me over. I wouldnt get much riding in and would probably have already been to jail a few times.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote