ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #46
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Oddometer: 1,376
Talking Howdy Neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffr2370
Rode again today with the wife, this time it was open. It didn't look like they did any trail work, so I can't imagine why they had it closed yesterday.
I passed you two this morning on North Main Divide.

I thinkg the question here is regarding North Main Divide, north of the Jct of Indian Truck Trail and No. Main Divide. That gate will remain locked until Nov. 9th.

Pointman
IBA #5
CarsonTahoeAdventureMoto.com
Pointman0853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #47
shleppy
Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman0853
I passed you two this morning on North Main Divide.

I thinkg the question here is regarding North Main Divide, north of the Jct of Indian Truck Trail and No. Main Divide. That gate will remain locked until Nov. 9th.

Pointman
I think everyone understands that the main divide is closed North of the intersection of Indian Truck Trail.. I believe that last few posts were referring to the gate at the top of indian truck trail where it meets the main divide. As you know this is right next to the southern closure on the North Main divide.

The gate at the top of indian truck trail was locked when I rode on Friday as well. I rode North Main divide from Ortega Hwy towards Santiago Peak and I had planned on hanging a right (east) on Indian Truck trail and heading down to south Corona. The access to the peak was closed (no surprise there.. been that way since Oct of last year) but I was suprised to see the access to Indian Truck trail gated off. Indian truck trail has been open everytime I have ridden the main divide this year (which is about once a month) but the gate at the top of Indian truck trail was locked last Friday.

It sounds like others ran into this same gate closure.

Maybe it was closed off in anticipation of the potential for rain this past weekend? Than again if that was the case one would think the southern end of the Main divide would have been closed off as well... dunno?

2006 F650GS (sold)
2007 DRZ 400s
2009 F650GS

shleppy screwed with this post 11-03-2008 at 10:36 AM
shleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #48
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
So the opening is pushed back to Monday the 10th.......since thats my birthday I think a day off work will be in order. Should be pretty empty on a work day, if anyone wants to go shoot me a PM.

Rout if its open:

Meet up a silverado cafe at 9AM. Maple to main divide, over the peaks and down indian truck to toms farm for gas (maybe lunch) back up indian truck to ortega (maybe lunch at hells) back to OC though ortega for some twisty fun.

If its still no open on Monday we can go play around in holy jims so its not a total loss.
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #49
watchthatcactus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Maple Springs will be closed.

Maple Springs will be closed as of now due to the hazardous material from the mine clean up. They are trying to see if they can open it but for now it will stay closed.
watchthatcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #50
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Yo Pointman, are we opening next week? If so, I'll head straight for the top after work!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #51
Lost Again
Fresher Meat

Oddometer: 273
I am ready with my new ride

Pointman, don't hate me, but I have decided to go small. The KTM 950 Adventure is more bike than I am rider. After collage, I did not ride for 20 years and the Orange Beast is more than I can handle, sooooo, I have purchased a Honda XR650L. It will be ready to ride about the same time the gate gets opened. Here is a picture just so you all will know who it is.
Attached Images

Lost Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #52
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Wish I could join you Squids, but duty calls. My birthday is the 13th and it would be a nice b-day present to get to ride Saddleback. Post if the Silverado gate is open. It will be sweet when we get our local trail open again

Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap
So the opening is pushed back to Monday the 10th.......since thats my birthday I think a day off work will be in order. Should be pretty empty on a work day, if anyone wants to go shoot me a PM.

Rout if its open:

Meet up a silverado cafe at 9AM. Maple to main divide, over the peaks and down indian truck to toms farm for gas (maybe lunch) back up indian truck to ortega (maybe lunch at hells) back to OC though ortega for some twisty fun.

If its still no open on Monday we can go play around in holy jims so its not a total loss.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #53
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
happy birthday man, I'll keep my fingers crossed about the gate but it sounds like its will be closed. I can't wait to have some close riding again either.
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Again
Pointman, don't hate me, but I have decided to go small. The KTM 950 Adventure is more bike than I am rider. After collage, I did not ride for 20 years and the Orange Beast is more than I can handle, sooooo, I have purchased a Honda XR650L. It will be ready to ride about the same time the gate gets opened. Here is a picture just so you all will know who it is.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 650, XL or otherwise.

I just (today) finished up Dual-Sporting an 05' KTM 450 MXC I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'll most likely get it plated in Nevada over Thanksgiving.

Pointman
IBA #5
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #55
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Bluhduh So, what about the gates???

As of today, I have no new news.

I also have heard nothing about Maple Springs NOT opening tomorrow.

Maybe someone in the OC can give us an update tomorrow???

Pointman
IBA #5
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #56
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 899
Anyone check the gate at Maple Springs road today?

I called the Trabuco district office 3 times this afternoon and no one answered the phone.

I'm planning on going there tomorrow, unless someone knows for sure it's closed.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #57
SepticSkeptic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyM
Anyone check the gate at Maple Springs road today?

I called the Trabuco district office 3 times this afternoon and no one answered the phone.

I'm planning on going there tomorrow, unless someone knows for sure it's closed.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/t...antiago-closed

"Maple Springs Road will remain closed until work associated with cleanup of tailings at the old Blue Light Mine is complete. The road could reopen as early as Thanksgiving weekend or early December, depending on when work is complete.

Some trails are going to remain closed: Harding Truck Trail and Silverado Truck Trail.
Rodriguez did not set a timetable for reopening the closed trails or the off-trail areas damaged by the Santiago fire."

Tried calling Trabuco district this morning to no avail. I'm still looking for a connection to Main Divide from OC, Ortega Hwy gets old after a while.
SepticSkeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #58
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,110
Are these trails GS-able? I really want to get out and ride them.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #59
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow
Are these trails GS-able? I really want to get out and ride them.
Yes.

Graded dirt roads all.

Thanks
CA Stu
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #60
watchthatcactus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Open Trail

I was just up there Sunday and they had recently graded the road. With the recent rains it is pretty good shape.
watchthatcactus is offline   Reply With Quote