ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #6346
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 511
Rode some areas around the Palomar Ranger District today.

Where is this exactly?
farrington300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #6347
Pucker
This is gonna hurt

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker View Post

...or drop it all into a sailboat and travel for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post

Sailboat, FREE, not quite...... FUN, most definitely!
Quite right. Purchase of all that racing stuff was damn expensive, but more reasonably priced "decent" yachts can be found. Then, as I said, you can "travel for free", as in no gas.

Really, Rob, do I have to put the small print in to make you happy?

The preceding drivelous horseshit was purely opinion, and intended for entertainment purposes only. The opinions contained herein do not reflect the opinions of ADVRider or its affiliates. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited. Must be under 18 to play. May cause anal leakage. Please use responsibly. Any use of this horseshit, even use without profit, without expressed written consent of me is expressly forbidden yet entirely unenforceable.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #6348
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
Quite right. Purchase of all that racing stuff was damn expensive, but more reasonably priced "decent" yachts can be found. Then, as I said, you can "travel for free", as in no gas.

Really, Rob, do I have to put the small print in to make you happy?

The preceding drivelous horseshit was purely opinion, and intended for entertainment purposes only. The opinions contained herein do not reflect the opinions of ADVRider or its affiliates. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited. Must be under 18 to play. May cause anal leakage. Please use responsibly. Any use of this horseshit, even use without profit, without expressed written consent of me is expressly forbidden yet entirely unenforceable.
Miss ya, man. When ya coming down for a ride?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #6349
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
your neighbor pays the same taxes yet doesn't use the forest as much as you, you should pay more. you use it. give back.
You pay more first and I'll match it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #6350
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Golly gee guys! I'm sorry. It wasn't $67mm, it was over $280,000,000. . Let them figure out how to account for what they have before we give them another dime.

READ BELOW!

Oops--California Audit Finds Tons of “Lost” Cash
Townhall.com ^ | August 5, 2012 | Ann-Marie Murrell
Posted on August 5, 2012 7:14:19 AM PDT by Kaslin

Last May, Governor Jerry Brown threatened to close 70 state parks in order to help balance the budget and plug the holes of the sinking ship that is California.*

Immediately, park-loving activists went to work and through bake sales and donations, the public helped save 69 of the 70 parks.

But then, oops---California auditors recently looked under their government couch cushions and located over $286 million in “misplaced” funds.

From the L.A. Times (emphasis added):* “Gov. Jerry Brown's administration on Friday announced that $119 million more in untapped money was found in a sweeping audit of state accounts, bringing to more than $286.5 million the sum lawmakers were unaware of as they repeatedly cut government services…The additional money that lawmakers were unaware of includes funds for healthcare programs, reimbursement of crime victims and cleanup of underground petroleum tanks.”

“Unaware of”??* Even if I won the lottery and became a gazillionaire, I can’t imagine not being aware of $286.5 million.*

A Mercury News review found at least 17 accounts that “appeared to have significantly more serve cash than what individual departments reported to the finance department.”*

This sudden bounty of cash is causing a few more headaches for Brown.*

For one, the activists, local governments and non-profits that collected money to save the state parks are now asking for refunds.

"There was a sense of betrayal," said Carolyn Schoff, head of the California League of Parks Associations, an alliance of nonprofits. "We're the ones in the trenches raising funds for state parks, and now there's a dark shadow over us."

Another problem is the obvious—how in the world can one state “misplace” so much money?* Lots of finger wagging is happening, with each department scrambling to place blame elsewhere.

One of the largest discrepancies occurred within the Public Utilities Commission, which regulates telecommunications and energy services.

A spokeswoman for the commission said the accounting discrepancies are probably only "recording errors."

Sigh.

Democrat lawmakers are saying the audit “would not have changed how the state pieced together its budget this year”—yet these same lawmakers have used the funds to pay bills and according to the Times, the Legislature now owes them $4.3 billion (with a ‘b’), “a nearly sixfold increase since 2008.”*

These major monetary discrepancies perfectly explain why Republicans are constantly screaming and shouting about “big government”.* Any state that is so out of control that it can misplace enormous amounts of money—making politicians and Union fat cats richer and richer while her cities are filing bankruptcy--needs a major dose of checks and balances.

The good news in all of this is that perhaps these mishaps will result in some job openings to help boost California’s rising unemployment rate.* I suggest they start by hiring a few good accountants--and maybe an Oversight Committee or two.*

On a personal note--because I live here in La La Land-- I remain ever hopeful that the good citizens of California will finally see the light and will stop voting for the same old Democrats who seem intent on running this beautiful state further into the abyss.

I thought you were a Democrat.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #6351
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWhirled View Post
I thought you were a Democrat.
Who said that?

I'm a realist.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #6352
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Who said that?

I'm a realist.
No worries.

Being a fellow "realist" and political supporter should I chalk up the additional $25,000+ that the wonderful state of California claims I owe for last year as a "recording error"?

Is there such a thing as a "Tax Bubble"? My gut tells me CA will soon find out.

What happens when the average Joe can no longer pay the taxes that the people voted for? Can you say Argentina? Greece? Russia? Roman Empire?

Fuck it all. The U.S. is well beyond the 200 year expiration date of all previous democracies. Live large. Live beyond your means. The world will end in a couple of weeks anyhow.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #6353
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
this message self-destroyed...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 08:58 AM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #6354
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,202
Thumb

theGrinches "how NOT to climb" a near verticle 10 foot rock face.

photos from friday's field trip to another national forest far away from CNF...

photo credit; Junglemototours

photo credit; Rearsteer

but, he was not the only one having trouble here, Orangebeast here...

check out those bars...this happened at 9:30 in the morning, the Grinch rode um like that the rest of the day!

what a guy that Grinch, here he is at the swimmin' hole, bent bars and all.

The next day up in the Piutes, with his new black bars installed, he said the 525 went much faster...

pcvance screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 07:26 AM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #6355
Fat Nelly
Squid Filter Repair

Oddometer: 255
Grinch is a freakin animal. I am suprised to see him struggle. He must have been slightly off his game bacause I have seen him scale vertical many times.
Fat Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #6356
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Nelly View Post
Grinch is a freakin animal. I am suprised to see him struggle. He must have been slightly off his game bacause I have seen him scale vertical many times.
YEP, he is an animal, but that day the animal was hungover...
We all got a good laugh from this one, cameras were ready!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #6357
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
The Grinch

Peter is one heck of a rider! But remember, the Christmas spirit is the Grinch's nemesis.
Ive been inspired by Peter on more than a few occasions!
"Youre a mean one Mr Grinch!"
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #6358
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWhirled View Post
No worries.

Being a fellow "realist" and political supporter should I chalk up the additional $25,000+ that the wonderful state of California claims I owe for last year as a "recording error"?

Is there such a thing as a "Tax Bubble"? My gut tells me CA will soon find out.

What happens when the average Joe can no longer pay the taxes that the people voted for? Can you say Argentina? Greece? Russia? Roman Empire?

Fuck it all. The U.S. is well beyond the 200 year expiration date of all previous democracies. Live large. Live beyond your means. The world will end in a couple of weeks anyhow.
Yep, and the typical "modern" hegemonic lifespan is about 200 years for sure also.

I'm thinking about taking my winter vacation in Har Megiddo for a front row seat of the fireworks once Syria starts using their chem stockpile.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #6359
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 07:24 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #6360
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillum View Post

Speaking of shit that doesn't matter, what about that royal baby?!?!?! Do you think Kate looks less hot?
I never thought she was even remotely sexy, much less, hot.

Fuck the royals and their antiquated, yet soon to be short lived place in the British tabloids. Theres no room in modern society for a blood sucking figure head parasite like a royal family.
Let them get jobs and pay taxes like everyone else.