ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #646
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Today I pretended that I worked at Hell's Kitchen. Rode to work through CNF. Got there just in time for lunch. After lunch I decided to call it a day and headed back the way I came. Great conditions. Minimal traffic.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #647
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Hey Eric, you must have worked your A$$ off! I wish I could have helped you on the job today you lucky SOB
Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #648
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
2 South Bay riders loose in OC.

Me and Xymotic are going to go up Maple Springs this Saturday. Probably get to the gate around 10am.

Neither if us have ever been up there so if any locals want to come and show around feel free to contact me or chime in here.

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #649
luv2race
Confused

I may meet you guys there, but I only have a couple of hours. Grad party for my son starts at 2 pm.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #650
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
I may meet you guys there, but I only have a couple of hours. Grad party for my son starts at 2 pm.
Cool.

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #651
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I'll meet you up there at 10. I know John needs to take off early but what bout the Dog House? I'm up for an elsinor run for lunch, or Hells Kitchen (yeahs I'm a fatty who plans his rides around lunch!) if we have enough time we might be able to check out Wildomar too (OHV with maybe 6 miles of trails )

Hey John did you ever get those stock tires off your six fiddy?
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #652
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap

Hey Gary, what up? I have 2 rims and usually run a D606 on the one I use for dirt, but got 2 flats on the last ride to CNF and it appears to be sharp edges on the spoke nipples. So while that is getting fixed, I'll run the original rim with a torn up Kenda that I'm gonna murder with one last ride! See you Saturday
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #653
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap
I'll meet you up there at 10. I know John needs to take off early but what bout the Dog House? I'm up for an elsinor run for lunch, or Hells Kitchen (yeahs I'm a fatty who plans his rides around lunch!) if we have enough time we might be able to check out Wildomar too (OHV with maybe 6 miles of trails )

Hey, this trip's been planned around breakfast already. I don't think we'll criticize anyone for thinking about lunch. Hell's kitchen sounds good to me

I think elsinore mar be a bit far for my bikes TOTALLY CRAP seat.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #654
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
might meet you guy at the peak about 10:45-11ish, pending work the night before.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #655
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Hey, this trip's been planned around breakfast already. I don't think we'll criticize anyone for thinking about lunch. Hell's kitchen sounds good to me

I think elsinore mar be a bit far for my bikes TOTALLY CRAP seat.

Yeah Elsinore is a little bit far, I usually end up down there to go to Big Jims (grand and corydon where pizza used to be) they have good beer and food but its outa the way. The only rear reason I was think'n elsinore is because there is this hill off grand that tried last time I was out there that got me and I need payback. Its a cut off from the dirt road back up to ortega, I got in the deep rut and somehow crashed my bike on both the right and left side on one fall, ended up in the bushes and tore my petcock out of the tank. If it wasn't for the help of fellow des people who live close enough to watch this and laugh at me I'd a been stuck there waiting for a truck. I"ll get my revenge on that damn hill next time I"m down in elsinore. At least it made me pony up for a better helmet, my $70 job didn't cut it when I landed on my head, the padding was too worn out from 4 yrs of use so the helmet just hurt my head .

John + murder + knobbies??? Looks like I'm going to have a lot of dirt in my face trying to chase you, those stockers you had on before were almost roostless.
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #656
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
[QUOTE=luv2race]Hey Gary, what up? I have 2 rims and usually run a D606 on the one I use for dirt, but got 2 flats on the last ride to CNF and it appears to be sharp edges on the spoke nipples. So while that is getting fixed, I'll run the original rim with a torn up Kenda that I'm gonna murder with one last ride! See you sat. [quote ] im gonna make this one john, I hope No really I want to do this ride.I don't think I can make castaic this sat
Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #657
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,193
have fun folks i'll be @ The Orange Hill grubin on there brunch (read The Best Ever) they have piles of king crab legs and anything else you could imagine. if i see ya ride by i'll be sure to wave
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #658
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
im gonna make this one john, I hope No really I want to do this ride.I don't think I can make castaic this sat
Come on down Noel, but I can only ride till about noon, cause I gotta be home by 1-ish to get the BBQ cranked up. If you want, come down early and we can rip one side of the mountain and meet the guys back at Maple Springs for a run to the peak.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #659
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
Come on down Noel, but I can only ride till about noon, cause I gotta be home by 1-ish to get the BBQ cranked up.
I'll be there I don't know what I did to the last post... To much
Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #660
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
I'll be there I don't know what I did to the last post... To much
I notice didn't even maybe yea I'm right there with ya!