ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #6661
jnyrav
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Gate?
jnyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #6662
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,875
Laugh Full Moon Ride

Yes it's that time again.
Come and join the CNF full moon riders, we will be riding Mon 25th meet at Cooks.
KSU 6:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #6663
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrav View Post
Gate?
Was closed today.
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #6664
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
In for Monday.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #6665
ElMartillo
I See Faces...

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrav View Post
Gate?
Closed today as well.
ElMartillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #6666
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 08:00 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #6667
wfo600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Thought I'd give just a quick reply to those that suggested a route to Buttonwillow. The initial plan was to take I-5 to Frazier Mountain Park to Mil Potrero/FHWY95 to 166 and then across Carrizo Plain on Soda Lake Rd. However, I couldn't sleep the night before so I left at 4am. When I got to Frazier Mountain Park Road, it was dark still and I was frozen stiff. I headed down the grapevine and took HWY166 off I-5. I followed 166 to Soda Lake Rd. and had a blast hauling a$$ across the Carrizo Plain. Had an epic run of twisties down the mountain on HWY58, then a mind numbing jaunt up HWY33 to Buttonwillow. All in all, a really fun ride. Thanks for all the suggestions!
wfo600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #6668
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Anyone know the deal with the little play area going into trabuco creek rd on the right side? Over the years I have seen it fenced off and with private property sign up now. Is it alright to ride in there? It's a pretty fun little course.

Also anyone ride the fire road that takes you up to Joplin? Some guy was riding up and down it and he called one of the hills the Intimidator. I saw the hill and was 'intimidated' and turned around. My friend went up it and said it was pretty loose and rocky. Looked pretty darn steep to me.
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #6669
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entheogen View Post
G13, Twisted Purp, Super Lemon Haze or the OG Flagship? Life is full of choices. I will prolly stop at Cook's to see the hooligan plans. Like you guys need the Moonlight for Madness...yea right. I look forward to another reasoning session.
All of them.....lol. I'll bring girl scout cookies or snow cap.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #6670
ThumpThis
TearSheeitUp

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws View Post
Anyone know the deal with the little play area going into trabuco creek rd on the right side? Over the years I have seen it fenced off and with private property sign up now. Is it alright to ride in there? It's a pretty fun little course.

Also anyone ride the fire road that takes you up to Joplin? Some guy was riding up and down it and he called one of the hills the Intimidator. I saw the hill and was 'intimidated' and turned around. My friend went up it and said it was pretty loose and rocky. Looked pretty darn steep to me.

I live about .5 miles from the entrance to trabuco creek. I know an old man who has lived in the Canyon 30 years whom happens to know the man that owns the "play area". He does not want people in there anymore and there has known to be lil booby traps like homemade spike strips and stuff... Might be a bunch of BS, but not worth getting a trespassing ticket.

The "intimidator" is not all that bad. I ride up and down it every other day now. First time was sketchy but it grows confidence. Just don't venture too far off either trail at the top unless you want to get mean mugged by a bunch of guys in spandex. Guys do this hill in their jeeps. My pig tractors up no prob, ate shit coming back down the other day though. Have fun.
ThumpThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #6671
Cannabinoid
Banned

this message self-destroyed...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 09:11 AM
Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #6672
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
yea outlaws, that was me. I call one the "bully" and the other the "intimidator". I've many a bruise from both. I think you and your friend rode by the FJ Cruiser and me enjoying the peace pipe. Many friends to be made off the ashpalt. I watched you both, and neither of you went past the "bully" when I was watching, perhaps later you did it. That is the beginning of the real nasty, and where the bruises start. I would not recommend going past the "tee". The 4 wheelers get a helicopter as a reward if they go there...motorcyclists get mobbed by hikers and mountain bikers.

Possible confiscation or fine....now ask me if I give a fuck.
I'm ginna take a guess and say....you don't give a fuck.

Did you take me on the intimidator and bully the last night we ride?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #6673
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
yea outlaws, that was me. I call one the "bully" and the other the "intimidator". I've many a bruise from both. I think you and your friend rode by the FJ Cruiser and me enjoying the peace pipe. Many friends to be made off the ashpalt. I watched you both, and neither of you went past the "bully" when I was watching, perhaps later you did it. That is the beginning of the real nasty, and where the bruises start. I would not recommend going past the "tee". The 4 wheelers get a helicopter as a reward if they go there...motorcyclists get mobbed by hikers and mountain bikers.

Possible confiscation or fine....now ask me if I give a fuck.
Ah cool man, yup that was us. My buddy went up to the "intimidator" and I watched in horror as he almost ate shit on it but luckily he was able to pull it off. We'll def have to try again next time with more sunshine. Now I'm curious what the "bully" looks like Not sure where the "tee" you were talking about was but we did pass one before gettin to the intimidator but I'm guessing that wasn't it?
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #6674
Cannabinoid
Banned

this message is self destructing...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 10:04 AM
Old 02-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #6675
ThumpThis
TearSheeitUp

Oddometer: 74
The intimidator isnt bad, just dont stop. You will know when you make it to the "tee". No more climbing. Taking a left at the tee is a pretty fun trail, nice views. This is also where you will get bitched at. Look at the trails on google maps satellite for a better idea.
ThumpThis is offline   Reply With Quote