ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #7096
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,875
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
I think we're all going up to the real mtns this wkend
What are your days off HB?
I found a plated bike for you too; http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3788641627.html
Ya Cornholio, pic up that bike and we'll take you to the real mts. good find Jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #7097
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,391
i'd buy it if she was 5 years younger......
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #7098
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,775
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
i'd buy it if she was 5 years younger......
So you prefer 10 year olds over 15 year olds?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #7099
northsouth15
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
maple springs side open?

was thinking about my first exploration with a DR200se
northsouth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #7100
KLRrob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsouth15 View Post
maple springs side open?

was thinking about my first exploration with a DR200se
It was open Saturday.
KLRrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #7101
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,338
OC Outdoors

Heads up boys, seems OC Register columnist, David Whiting, has a bone to pick with motos up in CNF. He is an avid hiker and mountain biker and is making it known that CNF is no place for motor vehichles, at least it's how his article in todays OC Register comes across. In fairness he specifically calls out "illegal trail use, dangerous and unnecessary." A couple of quotes from his article, "riding a motorcycle dressed in black with orange piping, might have, um, run into one another." "I waved. He and his buddy didn't wave back. Heck, they didn't even stop. They were breaking the law."

Might want to keep certain riding practices on the down low.

Oh yeah, just mounted some super bright LEDs on my 525, need to carve out some time to join the night time fun again.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #7102
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Ya Cornholio, pic up that bike and we'll take you to the real mts. good find Jungle.

I just bought that one also. I'll sell it for $3200.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #7103
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Heads up boys, seems OC Register columnist, David Whiting, has a bone to pick with motos up in CNF. He is an avid hiker and mountain biker and is making it known that CNF is no place for motor vehichles, at least it's how his article in todays OC Register comes across. In fairness he specifically calls out "illegal trail use, dangerous and unnecessary." A couple of quotes from his article, "riding a motorcycle dressed in black with orange piping, might have, um, run into one another." "I waved. He and his buddy didn't wave back. Heck, they didn't even stop. They were breaking the law."

Might want to keep certain riding practices on the down low.

Oh yeah, just mounted some super bright LEDs on my 525, need to carve out some time to join the night time fun again.
I would like to read the article but I can't OC(rightwing)rag won't let me read it on-line and no one on my street gets it.

Funny thing is a month or so ago I ran into this guy Dave and we were on a small trail. I stopped when I saw there were two hikers coming up the trail so they could continue uphill. He stopped and talked a bit while his partner came up the tail and my buddy was coming down he tried to wave me by but I stopped and said that they had the right of way and we will wait till they were ready to continue, at no point was or did he appear to be upset about us being there. In fact he was happily surprised that we stopped and gave them the right of way.
It's what we (cycles) should do, but many don't they just race by leaving you in their dust wake. Hell they even do it to other cycles. There have been times where I'm on way up see some guys coming down the hill and blow past me don't bother to wave or give me any hand signals too how many coming behind them, just a nice dusting. Shit.
Just be nice to others while riding up there thats all and we can all share the Mtn. Have good riding edict and practice it.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #7104
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
I would like to read the article but I can't OC(rightwing)rag won't let me read it on-line and no one on my street gets it.

Funny thing is a month or so ago I ran into this guy Dave and we were on a small trail. I stopped when I saw there were two hikers coming up the trail so they could continue uphill. He stopped and talked a bit while his partner came up the tail and my buddy was coming down he tried to wave me by but I stopped and said that they had the right of way and we will wait till they were ready to continue, at no point was or did he appear to be upset about us being there. In fact he was happily surprised that we stopped and gave them the right of way.
It's what we (cycles) should do, but many don't they just race by leaving you in their dust wake. Hell they even do it to other cycles. There have been times where I'm on way up see some guys coming down the hill and blow past me don't bother to wave or give me any hand signals too how many coming behind them, just a nice dusting. Shit.
Just be nice to others while riding up there thats all and we can all share the Mtn. Have good riding edict and practice it.

Forget about that crap Peter, we'll be on the real shit in the Greenies Friday morning.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #7105
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,281
well of course he hates on us, hes fucking hiking at 1mph. since when did hikers ever like dirt bike riders. everyone knows you can only ride the good stuff after 10pm.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #7106
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Cool2 Team Longwinded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
well of course he hates on us, hes fucking hiking at 1mph. since when did hikers ever like dirt bike riders. everyone knows you can only ride the good stuff after 10pm.
I was and still am a hiker. I have been hiking since I was a kid and always looked up to the motos and wanted to be just like them the ground you can cover is what always appealed to me.

Hate is a big word that too many of us use nowadays.

Respect is what we should use and practice.

I'm gona go ride and see if i can find any hikers I can talk to, or go hit "the luge" and talk to the MTBers about this.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #7107
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,408
Quote:
Respect is what we should use and practice.
Indeed, and good for you, man.

A bit of courtesy and a kind word go a long way, and I think it is important to the future of dual sport riding that we go out of our way to be good ambassadors.

I always stop / turn off the motor for people on horseback, there are a few of them around where I live.

By the reaction that I get, it seems they are way more used to loud, self absorbed jerks roaring past them WFO, unfortunately.

It's not like we're riding on a motocross track, we are enjoying public resources and we have no more right to ruin other people's days than they do to throw tacks on the trails and ruin our days.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #7108
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,281
I'm not the type to ride fast past hikers. But it always seems they "dislike" the fact that we ride instead of walk. I'm sure Cnf even more than the other forests.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #7109
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
this message is self destructing...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 09:20 AM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #7110
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Chill Swill....dude really didnt write anything all that negative. We who ride these trails know the deal. We have respect for all users of this public resource. I know personally that many of us riders have cleaned up trash left behind by less responsible users of the forest. Goodwill will go much further than tirades.
Make love....not war!
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote