ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #751
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchaser
Hope you heal well and quick xymotic. I was riding in big bear and missed cnf again. grrr.....
BIG T's IN THE HOUSE!! Wuz up man, you been stay'n away from oncomming ATVs ?
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #752
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap
I still don't know where they carry all that beer.
In my beer storage facility between my waist and my neck, both of which I haven't seen in ages
Old 06-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #753
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,308
Laugh

beats me
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #754
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
I still don't know where they carry all that beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
In my beer storage facility between my waist and my neck, both of which I haven't seen in ages
that's funny.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Boy a guy goes down the weekend before and misses all the local drama.

Xymotic I know your pain> Heal quick and and don't use the arm anymore then you have to.

I planted hard 2 weekends ago up in the El Pasos "EP15" broke my right collar bone and will be down for the next month. Let me know if you need any help, but it will be only lefthanded.

I had to ride out about 15 miles back to pavement and then decieded to ride it back to the van total 50+ miles, o'course we had to stop in Randsburg and the general store for a pitcher O beer on the way (what the hell) and then 395 to 20 mule team and a cut thru cal city back to my buddies trailer at the north entrance to Edwards Air Force Base. Thank goodness the forks were twisted in the triples as it made the reach to the throttle a little easier.

I drove myself all the way back to Mission Hospital that Friday night as I won't do the high desert emergency rooms if I can help it.

Charlie

YOU TOO CHARLIE! .... i don't understand what's going on...

heal quickly and take care.

joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #755
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Just saw Xymotic's bike at Uptite Husky. Aaron, I hope you didn't load that thing by yourself. Looks like the bike fared a little better than Aaron. Hopefully, it won't need any parts or we may never see it again.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #756
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
beats me
Tail bag and tank bag...what do you do for rides longer than a few hours?

Heal fast Xymotic! Just out of curiosity...did you have any protective gear? Pressure suit, jacket? Don't think anything could have helped a collarbone, but just wondering. I usually wear a pressure suit like DoRi...but it's hot as hell in the summer.

DJ...how big is that gastank? Guess you don't have to pack extra gas like I do with that big ol' tank.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #757
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Just saw Xymotic's bike at Uptite Husky.
Good thing you're going to be out for a while That was the guy I was making reference to in the other post that taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeet Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #758
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
My bike got taken to San Juan Capistrano. I think the tow company mostly deals with people in trouble with CHP, cuz they were dicks.

Had to pay storage fees for Sat the first day. Sunday, and today even though I was there at like 9:30.

Sat and Sunday they are closed, so If Id even been able to find them I would have had to pay a "After hours fee" I have AAA moto and they are an AAA shop, but they won't take it since the Sheriff called it in.

Anyway, I show up with my arm in a sling, the guy wheels the bike over and walks off. I ask if he can help load it and he says their insurance won't allow it. OK that's fine. Nice of him to only mention it after I asked...

Then he says since I have AAA they could tow it to the Dealer for me for no charge. no way am I putting more money in their pocket, So I took the sling off and rode it up the ramp. First time I've ever ridden a bike up a ramp into a PU. I was no big deal til I hit the wheel chock, stopped and had to pull in the clutch. O.M.F.G!

pop another vicoden and I'm good to go in a few minutes.
I took the bike to George @ Up-Tite Husqvarna. Got the 180 degree opposite cust service from George. He won't let me help at all and unloads it for me.

He seems to think it's OK I'll be amazed if the forks aren't bent but he says since the rim's not taco'd and the tire's not popped he doubts they are bent. he says the bike's gotta be pretty trashed with bent bars and whatnot b4 the shocks usually go, if true... man, Husky gets a lot of respect for me
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #759
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Just saw Xymotic's bike at Uptite Husky. Aaron, I hope you didn't load that thing by yourself. Looks like the bike fared a little better than Aaron. Hopefully, it won't need any parts or we may never see it again.

LOL, Man the coconut telegraph works fast round here. As a matter of fact I did load it myself.

I'm hoping all I busted was the GPS mount (the gps is a bit torqued too, so darn, now I HAVE to get a zumo )
Old 06-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #760
BiggieFalls
b00b

Quote:
I'd like to thank DesRat for lunch.
dunerat ended up paying for everyone's lunch. Thanks again Noel, that was very generous.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #761
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Good thing you're going to be out for a while That was the guy I was making reference to in the other post that taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeet Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

Yeah, I'm expecting that. At least he doesn't bs you. he tells you it's gonna be a while...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #762
BiggieFalls
b00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Yeah, I'm expecting that. At least he doesn't bs you. he tells you it's gonna be a while...
I took him my bike after I crashed. Two months later when I got my cast off I picked it up. I've been riding it for the last three months since then. Every time I see him I ask him if my parts are in yet. When they eventually get here, I will take him back my bike so he can finally fix it.

Maybe he should operate like Renazco Seats: Just put you on a waiting list then when your parts come in you bring him your bike and he fixes it.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #763
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Tail bag and tank bag...what do you do for rides longer than a few hours?

Heal fast Xymotic! Just out of curiosity...did you have any protective gear? Pressure suit, jacket? Don't think anything could have helped a collarbone, but just wondering. I usually wear a pressure suit like DoRi...but it's hot as hell in the summer.

DJ...how big is that gastank? Guess you don't have to pack extra gas like I do with that big ol' tank.

I was sort of atgatt
my afx hemet visor tore off on one side.
I was wearing a revit jacket
Thor pants with knee/shin guards and padded shorts
gloves and mx boots,

aside from the cosmetic damage to the lid no damage to the clothes

I don't have a pressure suit or leatt brace but I think I may pick them up.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #764
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I took him my bike after I crashed. Two months later when I got my cast off I picked it up. I've been riding it for the last three months since then. Every time I see him I ask him if my parts are in yet. When they eventually get here, I will take him back my bike so he can finally fix it.

Maybe he should operate like Renazco Seats: Just put you on a waiting list then when your parts come in you bring him your bike and he fixes it.
Seriously though, is that him or is it Husqvarna? I've heard people have a hard time getting parts from Hall's too sometimes
Old 06-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #765
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Seriously though, is that him or is it Husqvarna? I've heard people have a hard time getting parts from Hall's too sometimes
Talk to Herrhelmet (Jim), he's got some good stories to tell you about Uptite.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote