ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #766
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Seriously though, is that him or is it Husqvarna? I've heard people have a hard time getting parts from Hall's too sometimes
It's Husky. That's why I didn't buy another one after my TC450 motor exploded. George tried to get me discounted parts to help me out, but 3 months went by, then I called the Husky GM and he was an asshole basically told me to F* off. They treat George like a red-headed stepchild but he's the guy they turn to when they can't fix their stuff. I'm sure they have put him last on the list to get parts. Great guy. He's sometimes slow because he gets too many bikes in and he talks to people and never blows them off.

You would think with BMW owning them they would get parts faster.
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #767
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Seriously though, is that him or is it Husqvarna? I've heard people have a hard time getting parts from Hall's too sometimes
It's definitely Husky. IMO the hang-up most of the time at Uptite is that George is too small to carry inventory on things other than maintenance products and common upgrades. If you need something else, he has to order it from Husky and then you wait. A big shop like Malcolm's may or may not have that same part in stock and may or may not get more prompt service from Husky due to volume. If Husky USA has to get it from Italy, then your really screwed. I still will take my bike to George every time for service if I can't do it myself because I trust him completely. I will also check with him first before buying anything for my bike. If he doesn't have it, I will check around and if nobody has it, I will go back and order it from George.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #768
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet

You would think with BMW owning them they would get parts faster.
lol I'm sure their first priority will be to demand that dealers like george make a 100k architectural upgrade to the "current standard design" and make dealers like Malcolm smith divest themselves of other lines like KTM.

Then they'll wory about suply chain or Mfr. issues (when they start making everything in china those issues will "fix themselves")
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #769
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,927
Quote:
I
I don't have a pressure suit or leatt brace but I think I may pick them up.
we talked about this last mojave ride in february, and to this day you haven't gotten them. instead you bought a bike.......

sorry dude for being your spiritual father......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #770
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Just saw Xymotic's bike at Uptite Husky. Aaron, I hope you didn't load that thing by yourself. Looks like the bike fared a little better than Aaron. Hopefully, it won't need any parts or we may never see it again.
Good to hear the Husky was tracked down.

And with all the craziness I forgot to thank Noel for lunch. Thanks bro. I really liked that place. Can't go wrong with Newcastle on tap.

Canis meus id comedit.

Doghouse_Riley screwed with this post 06-22-2009 at 04:42 PM
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #771
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
Quote:

YOU TOO CHARLIE! .... i don't understand what's going on...

heal quickly and take care.

joel
Joel, thanks for the well wishes.

Everyone let's all heal up and get a ride together for all those that have been busted up riding.... Who's IN??????

Charlie
Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #772
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Oh Yeah, thanks for the lunch Noel

I figured I earned mine after giving you my tube to replace the one you pinched and buying the tall Heineken kegs for the ride back.

Not to mention all of the work John and I did to help you change the tube
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #773
edeslaur
San Diegan

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
I took him my bike after I crashed. Two months later when I got my cast off I picked it up. I've been riding it for the last three months since then. Every time I see him I ask him if my parts are in yet. When they eventually get here, I will take him back my bike so he can finally fix it.
I've gotten everything I need from Halls pretty quick. The other day, my front axle nut went missing, 4 days later, new one in the mail with a few other parts I needed.

I know Husky had some real issues with their system in CA some months ago. I visit Ron Bishop in Escondido (san diego area) for most of my Husky needs but he was on vacation and waiting for him to get back was going to take as long as getting it shipped from Hall's. Crusty, but cool.

Ride reports:
- 10 Mar Baja
- 08 Feb Baja
- 07 Aug West coast PDX->SAN
- More!
edeslaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #774
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,234
Quote:
I was sort of atgatt
my afx hemet visor tore off on one side.
I was wearing a revit jacket
Thor pants with knee/shin guards and padded shorts
gloves and mx boots,

aside from the cosmetic damage to the lid no damage to the clothes

I don't have a pressure suit or leatt brace but I think I may pick them up.
since ive gained a few pounds my jerseys have all turned into pressure suits thank god i cant ride fast...
Old 06-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #775
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
we talked about this last mojave ride in february, and to this day you haven't gotten them. instead you bought a bike.......

sorry dude for being your spiritual father......
I did actually buy one before I went to Baja, but it didn't fit over my beer absorption aparatus. Nowwhat saw it for sale and was classy enough to warn me to get another. (I use the term classy loosely, basically he said I fall a lot and better replace it )

I can get a decent deal on the alpinestars, but what's stopping me is that then I gotta get a new jacket too.

Plus I get cold easily and my nips chafe so I haven't figured out a good system to keep me warm on the ride up and cool up in the dirt.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #776
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Oh Yeah, thanks for the lunch Noel

I figured I earned mine after giving you my tube to replace the one you pinched and buying the tall Heineken kegs for the ride back.

Not to mention all of the work John and I did to help you change the tube
ROB JOHN,
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #777
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
ROB JOHN,
I busted my A$$ layin in the dirt, drinkin Rob's donated Tecate and Snickers Bar helping to change that flat . From readin this thread, I would have had a lunch too! All I know is I was outta beer and should have went to the Kitchen, but the party was waitin for me at home.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #778
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,927
Quote:
I did actually buy one before I went to Baja, but it didn't fit over my beer absorption aparatus. Nowwhat saw it for sale and was classy enough to warn me to get another. (I use the term classy loosely, basically he said I fall a lot and better replace it )

I can get a decent deal on the alpinestars, but what's stopping me is that then I gotta get a new jacket too.

Plus I get cold easily and my nips chafe so I haven't figured out a good system to keep me warm on the ride up and cool up in the dirt.
for now until november you don't need a jacket. a jersey over the press suit will do. if i decide to get a new one, the acerbis will be my choice. the alpinestar i have is ok too. the best in my opinion is the dainese which nowwhat wears...just imagine nw had 2 head ons and not even a bruise.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #779
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Just waith to i roost you with the Se and fast is the game [quote=dunerat]since ive gained a few pounds my jerseys have all turned into pressure suits thank god i cant ride fast...[/quote

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #780
terranova
slow and steady

Oddometer: 308
Quote:

I bought a +1 size jacket to use as a shell to wear over the pressure suit. Just pull out the flimsy foam that they put in for back, shoulder, and elbow protection. The pressure suit is a lot sturdier and conforms to your body without shifting around like the one in the jacket.
terranova is offline   Reply With Quote