ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #781
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Is it just me or was someone doing the robot at the peek Saturday. I did smell something strange in the air.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #782
949Kraut
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Aaron. Good to hear you made it out with only a broken collar bone. I am the guy in the truck you passed before fishtailing off the road. Glad we could be there to help out. That's a tricky little stretch of road that picks up speed fast and the pavement is riddled with sand and rocks. A couple of feet to the left or right and you would not have been so lucky (rocks and a deeper drainage ditch). Hope you have a speedly recovery and that the bike suffered little damage.
949Kraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #783
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
949Kraut, good on ya, bro. Thanks for being there to help out our missing comrade.

Now as far as that robot goes, I don't remember that being on the ride at all. Hmmm...

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #784
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
Just waith to i roost you with the Se and fast is the game [/quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #785
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 949Kraut
Aaron. Good to hear you made it out with only a broken collar bone. I am the guy in the truck you passed before fishtailing off the road. Glad we could be there to help out. That's a tricky little stretch of road that picks up speed fast and the pavement is riddled with sand and rocks. A couple of feet to the left or right and you would not have been so lucky (rocks and a deeper drainage ditch). Hope you have a speedly recovery and that the bike suffered little damage.

THANK YOU!!! so much for stopping and making sure I was OK. So far it seems like I got off lucky with just a broken clavicle and a GPS mount broken on the Bike. In Fact I sort of think the GPS is what my collar hit

Please give your friends my thanks as well and let them know it all worked out. If you hadn't been there I would have had to ride it out and it probably would have led to a much worse accident & or damage.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #786
dunerat
WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Is it just me or was someone doing the robot at the peek Saturday. I did smell something strange in the air.
I get it now....the dog house ,dog. doghouse Riley
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #787
dunerat
WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
I busted my A$$ layin in the dirt, drinkin Rob's donated Tecate and Snickers Bar helping to change that flat . From readin this thread, I would have had a lunch too! All I know is I was outta beer and should have went to the Kitchen, but the party was waitin for me at home.
next time
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #788
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Here's some pix from last weekend.

You do not want to know what methods of wheel straightening were discussed!

xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #789
boyfester
Urban Explorer

Oddometer: 155
I'm heading up tomorrow after lunch. Taking half day for a late Father's Day ride with my old man and a work colleague. Going to Beek's then back up to Santiago Peak, then to Cook's Corner for 5PM "all you eat spaghetti", then cinema near South Coast Plaza. They're playing the original 1963 "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" on the big screen. My old man's favorite movie.

"Did you see the way it just sailed right out there?!" - Milton Bearl
boyfester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #790
Rustler
Happy Camper

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyfester
They're playing the original 1963 "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" on the big screen. My old man's favorite movie.
Classic!

Lennie Pike: And then they decide I'm supposed to get a smaller share, like I'm someone extra special stupid. Even if it is a democracy, in a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are, you still get an equal share.
J. Algernon Hawthorne: I must say that if I had the grievous misfortune to be a citizen of this benighted country, I should be the most hesitant of offering any criticism whatever of any other.
J. Russell Finch: Wait a minute, are you knocking this country? Are you saying something against America?
J. Algernon Hawthorne: Against it? I should be positively astounded to hear anything that could be said FOR it. Why the whole bloody place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of civilization! Look at yourself! The way your wife and her strumpet of a mother push you through the hoop! As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight.
Rustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #791
dirtdadx
Noob ad Infinitum

Oddometer: 483
Newb "session" Saturday?

Wow, I must put that flick on my watch list, it sounds jolly good.

Being the equipment 'ho that I am, I want to make it to Irv Seaver's on Saturday. The factory demo truck is there, and supposedly a tent, free food, etc. I can't afford a thing right now, free is good, and test riding bikes being what it is...

Fortunately between me and Irv's place is Santiago Canyon. So I wanna get an early start on MS. Fair warning, I am going to consider this a skills session as much as a ride, but I thought I would toss it out there. If I decide to to more than just MS, I have heard that the easiest ride would be down to Beeks and maybe Skyline and back? Anyone? Fellow noobs or experienced riders interested in tutoring - or doubling back and forth down the road to kill the time - are welcome.

I have done the route before but never moto'd it. The next skill I think I have to work on is standing while riding on the dirt. I do it a little, but I think I need to lean farther forward and I have to develop smooth throttle control and work on shifting and braking. Unfortunately the isometric nature of standing on the MC is not much like pedaling an MTB even in terms of leg strength, which I have done a lot of, so my stamina for standing seems pretty low, unless I am doing something wrong and making it hard for myself.
dirtdadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #792
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Here's some pix from last weekend.

You do not want to know what methods of wheel straightening were discussed!

dang nice pics....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #793
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,178
Quick question for all of those riders familiar with the Cleveland Forest roads.... I sit here in Corona looking up at those hills and always wanted to know if a Wee Strom with Anakees and a skidplate would be acceptable?? I've riden lots of dirt on the strom, just not Cleveland... It's so close to me I need go exploring. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #794
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom
Quick question for all of those riders familiar with the Cleveland Forest roads.... I sit here in Corona looking up at those hills and always wanted to know if a Wee Strom with Anakees and a skidplate would be acceptable?? I've riden lots of dirt on the strom, just not Cleveland... It's so close to me I need go exploring. Thanks for the help.
You'll be fine!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #795
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom
Don't do it! You'll die and then they'll close the forest down, which will result in the North Koreans attacking South Korea and then there will be a nuclear wwar with China and we'll all die.

Have fun
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote