ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #7951
Cannabinoid
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Confined in the physical world
Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 06:42 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #7952
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 623
Any place to park a car and a trailer in silverado canyon? the bikes are still loaded on the trailer and might as well trailer it there.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #7953
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,887
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
Any place to park a car and a trailer in silverado canyon? the bikes are still loaded on the trailer and might as well trailer it there.
If you have Adventure pass anywhere passed the gate is good, if not at the big turnout area on the right before you get to the store/cafe where the trash bin is (sometimes).
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #7954
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
Any place to park a car and a trailer in silverado canyon? the bikes are still loaded on the trailer and might as well trailer it there.
There's a fairly large gravel turnout about 1/2 to 3/4's of a mile before the gate
I used it once with no issues , that was probably 3 or 4 years ago though,
I assume there hasn't been any no parking signs installed since
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #7955
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 623
I used the turn out before the cafe. Worked great with no issues.





Not crowded at all. Got cool once you hit maple springs.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #7956
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,887
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
I used the turn out before the cafe. Worked great with no issues.

Not crowded at all. Got cool once you hit maple springs.
what like 90. must be all the water in the creek.

good to see your girl is back on the bike after her fall.

hope to ride with you two again sometime.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #7957
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wallrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, Ca
Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
If you have Adventure pass anywhere passed the gate is good...

Courts ruled some time ago that the forest service couldn't legally charge people via an Adventure Pass or ticket them for not having one. I put this to the test when I actually got a ticket up at Miller Cny. Right there in the fine print on the ticket it said something to the effect of [you are not legally obligated to pay the listed fine]. I haven't had an Adventure Pass in a couple years and that was the only ticket I've gotten (and ignored). My guess is they still sell the passes and "ticket" hoping that people don't know any better and realize that its a sham or actually read the ticket and just pay it.
__________________
07 565EXC
Wallrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #7958
Cannabinoid
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Confined in the physical world
Oddometer: 739
fixed

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 06:42 PM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #7959
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,887
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
Courts ruled some time ago that the forest service couldn't legally charge people via an Adventure Pass or ticket them for not having one. I put this to the test when I actually got a ticket up at Miller Cny. Right there in the fine print on the ticket it said something to the effect of [you are not legally obligated to pay the listed fine]. I haven't had an Adventure Pass in a couple years and that was the only ticket I've gotten (and ignored). My guess is they still sell the passes and "ticket" hoping that people don't know any better and realize that its a sham or actually read the ticket and just pay it.
This is true but some don't want to get a ticket, I don't have a ADVpass and park past the gate all the time. If I did I'd just throw it away in the trashcan. The only good thing is less people up there because of it. Its about as stupid as closing the gate when it rains a 1/4 inch, but I don't mind that ether it keeps the cages out and I just go around or under.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #7960
KICKNBACK
Over The Bars Club
 
KICKNBACK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: THE 949
Oddometer: 73
wr Mods Pros & Cons

These bikes have very little low end torque they are not your average thumper they like RPM and have a redline of 11,200 and you almost have to ride them like a 2 stroke and they dont engine brake very well. That said the best bang for your buck will be in gearing and a bigger gas tank like a IMS 3 gal. they make bigger but they make the bike feel like a pig with the weight up high and forward but that might be personal preference. How do I know this I own 2 of them one with all the mods the other with the graves exhaust tip and gearing both running same size tires and 13/46 sprockets. when you change the pipe you loose back pressure and the torque is down but it does pull a bit harder mid to redline But not for the amount of money spent. The other thing these bikes lack is suspension dampening and they tend to buck on rough down hill stuff because the use thin oil and poor valves and are over sprung most of the shocks are low on oil from the factory. Also being an injected bike they run a bit warm you might want to run engine ice instead of regular coolant. If there is anything you need help with let me know there isnt much I havent tried to squeeze every bit out of this thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Entheogen View Post
I like the new bikes! The 250 has the header and can, did you do all the mods...AIS, Air Box, FMF Programmer? And if you did, how do you like it?

I've seen a few different females on the xt225 and all of them seemed capable to ride forest roads no problemo. How does she like it?
__________________


"My brain still thinks my body is 20 years old"

08 WR250r, 13 F800gs
KICKNBACK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #7961
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entheogen View Post
I like the new bikes! The 250 has the header and can, did you do all the mods...AIS, Air Box, FMF Programmer? And if you did, how do you like it?

I've seen a few different females on the xt225 and all of them seemed capable to ride forest roads no problemo. How does she like it?
The wr250r came with all shown. I took it apart just to see what it had. I dont think there is a fmf programmer on it......hmmm.. so I am going to have to get that. The pipe isnt to loud, I still might get another silencer for it. I really dont know what has been done yet. lol

xt225 has a low seat height. The problem is the gearing. 6 speed and you have to shift a lot! I cant really ride it off road because it is so small. Im 6'4 and almost crashed it on some easy fireroads. The suspension also sucks but Natalie hasnt bottomed it out. But is a blast to just mess around on.

Love the engine of the wr. Also going to get the 3.1 ims tank.

Disclaimer: Only thing I can compare it to is a KLR 650.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #7962
KICKNBACK
Over The Bars Club
 
KICKNBACK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: THE 949
Oddometer: 73
Paramud

While your checking over your bike make sure it doesn't have a 12 tooth sprocket on the front because the chain can cut into the bottom of the swingarm because the counter shaft is higher than the swingarm pivot shaft.
I know you FFer's I said shaft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
The wr250r came with all shown. I took it apart just to see what it had. I dont think there is a fmf programmer on it......hmmm.. so I am going to have to get that. The pipe isnt to loud, I still might get another silencer for it. I really dont know what has been done yet. lol

xt225 has a low seat height. The problem is the gearing. 6 speed and you have to shift a lot! I cant really ride it off road because it is so small. Im 6'4 and almost crashed it on some easy fireroads. The suspension also sucks but Natalie hasnt bottomed it out. But is a blast to just mess around on.

Love the engine of the wr. Also going to get the 3.1 ims tank.

Disclaimer: Only thing I can compare it to is a KLR 650.
__________________


"My brain still thinks my body is 20 years old"

08 WR250r, 13 F800gs
KICKNBACK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #7963
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,887
Cool2 Page 2?

What is this doing on page two?

Ain't anyone riding Thorsday?

May be in for a ride after work.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #7964
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKNBACK View Post
I know you FFer's I said shaft.
Have thrGrinch check yer shaft for ya, he's an expert.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #7965
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer
 
mr. thumbs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County
Oddometer: 960
No Thorsday for me. Riding the GS to Colarado for the KTM rally. Be back next week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
What is this doing on page two?

Ain't anyone riding Thorsday?

May be in for a ride after work.

mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014