ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #811
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Question Are the gates open at North Main Divide?

I am going to ride with some friends tomorrow and I was wondering if the gates are open from Maple springs to the Ortega Hwy. Thanks for the help.
Dirtnadvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #812
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
a group of us rode that route last weekend...no locked gates
Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #813
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,322
everything open i believe expect for indian truck trail ???

SKYLINE WAS OPEN TODAY...well not locked..it was closed but it is always closed.. just slide the latch back on the trail side of the fence pull the big tube thingy back and TAADAA its open..no locks on it what so ever.

the "real" dirt bike guys in front of us ran down the creek bed and then up the side on to the bike trail because it was "Locked" at least thats waht they told me . it looked like they dumped a bike and broke a lever. dirtdad shows up and we are looking at possible ways out for our heavy ass bikes and dirtdad discovers the secret..YOU JUST HAVE TO UNLATCH IT!! then a short jaunt down the freeway and we are at Irv Sever BMW ejoying some brauts and cold soda..it was a good day.

dirttdad it was fun riding with ya... I hope i helped you some way with your dirt skills...I am glad you decided to keep moving and make it down all the rocky sections..i was affraid you where gonna call it a day there.. good job cya next time
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #814
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
You guys had a nice ride, I had the ride of my LIFE . My son just got his drivers permit and I let him drive from Anaheim to the Maple Springs gate, down past Cooks Corner and Holy Jim Canyon, Santa Margarita Pkwy, El Toro Rd, Santiago Canyon and back home all the while I wish I was on my bike. Saw many dual sports and all I could do was . Now a 40 is in order to calm down the nerves.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #815
dunerat
WTF?

shite, just about to pop the top meself
Old 06-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #816
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
shite, just about to pop the top meself
Mine is half gone, gotta call mama on the road to make a pit stop. The 40 hasn't calmed me down yet
Old 06-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #817
dunerat
WTF?

keep tryin till it does
Old 06-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #818
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
keep tryin till it does
Yup

Ahhhh, now were talkin
Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #819
dirtdadx
Noob ad Infinitum

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77
SKYLINE WAS OPEN TODAY...well not locked..it was closed but it is always closed.. just slide the latch back on the trail side of the fence pull the big tube thingy back and TAADAA its open..no locks on it what so ever. dirtdad shows up and we are looking at possible ways out for our heavy ass bikes and dirtdad discovers the secret..YOU JUST HAVE TO UNLATCH IT!! then a short jaunt down the freeway and we are at Irv Sever BMW ejoying some brauts and cold soda..it was a good day.

dirttdad it was fun riding with ya... I hope i helped you some way with your dirt skills...I am glad you decided to keep moving and make it down all the rocky sections..i was affraid you where gonna call it a day there.. good job cya next time
Yeah the gate was closed but not locked. Kind of like playing a game of Myst, if there are any other video game geeks out there. Someday I will have to make a Youtube video of it.

It was a great ride, real dual sport stuff with the freeway and all. Thanks for riding my pace, our system worked OK I think. But I am so damned timid on the descents - arg I hope it is a normal phase I get over. I did manage to stand a lot more today than ever before, it really helped, believe it or not I was probably slower on previous rides.

After the party at Irvs I went back out Santiago to Cooks where they were having a chili cook off. I could have grabbed a bunch of cups o chili and voted for my favorite. But I was full from those German brauts and 'kraut, an I was pretty sure how it would mix. AAAaanyway it was out Oneill and down south to the home front.
dirtdadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #820
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdadx
After the party at Irvs I went back out Santiago to Cooks where they were having a chili cook off. I could have grabbed a bunch of cups o chili and voted for my favorite.
Many people there when we drove by. If I knew there was a chili cookoff, we would have pulled in and grubbed.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #821
dirtdadx
Noob ad Infinitum

Oddometer: 483
It was insane. There was nowhere to park. I went past like 3 times, then finally took a car parking place. O the shame, to park a bike amongst the cars at Cooks!
dirtdadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #822
luv2race
Confused

They'll get over it
Old 06-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #823
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
You guys had a nice ride, I had the ride of my LIFE . My son just got his drivers permit and I let him drive from Anaheim to the Maple Springs gate, down past Cooks Corner and Holy Jim Canyon, Santa Margarita Pkwy, El Toro Rd, Santiago Canyon and back home all the while I wish I was on my bike. Saw many dual sports and all I could do was . Now a 40 is in order to calm down the nerves.
Sweet. Knockin' down some Fat Tires as I write.

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #824
luv2race
Confused

I'm going for another early morning drive with my son and should be back before noon. Anyone up for a run to the peak for an hour or 3 in the afternoon?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #825
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,239
Anyone up for a run to the top tomorrow morning from Maple Springs?
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote