ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #8356
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,937
Question Lets ride

Who is in for Fri. loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #8357
OCHillBilly
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Can someone give me the rundown on where its legal/frowned upon/absolutely a no no to ride. I did a short solo ride up horsethief and some jackhole absolutely lost her shit on me. she was waiving her hands and screaming and i pulled the old "braappp braappp I cant hear you" and kept on going. i figured I wouldnt see her again on the way out but low and behold she was in damn near the same spot. This crazy Bi+ch tried to jump in front of me and stop me but luckily I was able to get around her without incident.(to me) she may or may not have some dirt on her, but thats her own damn fault. I stopped and checked all the signs. the only one that I saw says street legal bikes only and I am. So did i miss something or is this just some crazy tree hugger? I wanna ride and the gates are closed at MS. i did end up going up some supper rutted hill about .5 mi passed the airstrip to the left as you are going in and that was fun. couple of car wrecks looked sketchy but was fun for me.

Guidance would be excellent and appreciated.
OCHillBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #8358
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCHillBilly View Post

MTB's think they own CNF, some of them.

Avoid any conflict with them if they seam aggressive.

The only trail I don't ride is lower Holy Jim.

Use good trail etiquette eg. stop for hikers and MTB's if they go crazy on you keep calm and move on. They can't chase you down and arrest you.

Most of them are cool after you explain that this is public land for all to enjoy.

I was doing a loop yesterday heading down to the Luge and ran into some MTB's, first one said "ride orange" last one said "I'm the last one", I gave each one a thumbs up.

Good luck.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #8359
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,246
Quote:
Can someone give me the rundown on where its legal/frowned upon/absolutely a no no to ride. I did a short solo ride up horsethief and some jackhole absolutely lost her shit on me. she was waiving her hands and screaming and i pulled the old "braappp braappp I cant hear you" and kept on going. i figured I wouldnt see her again on the way out but low and behold she was in damn near the same spot. This crazy Bi+ch tried to jump in front of me and stop me but luckily I was able to get around her without incident.(to me) she may or may not have some dirt on her, but thats her own damn fault. I stopped and checked all the signs. the only one that I saw says street legal bikes only and I am. So did i miss something or is this just some crazy tree hugger? I wanna ride and the gates are closed at MS. i did end up going up some supper rutted hill about .5 mi passed the airstrip to the left as you are going in and that was fun. couple of car wrecks looked sketchy but was fun for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
MTB's think they own CNF, some of them.

Avoid any conflict with them if they seam aggressive.

The only trail I don't ride is lower Holy Jim.

Use good trail etiquette eg. stop for hikers and MTB's if they go crazy on you keep calm and move on. They can't chase you down and arrest you.

Most of them are cool after you explain that this is public land for all to enjoy.

I was doing a loop yesterday heading down to the Luge and ran into some MTB's, first one said "ride orange" last one said "I'm the last one", I gave each one a thumbs up.

Good luck.

And that is why theGrinch is "God of the Mountain".
Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #8360
OCHillBilly
n00b

that is my normal operating procedure. I was cruising slow, always slow even more for bikers hikers and whoever else. wasnt looking for conflict just kept on going on the way in. On the way out she put me in an awkward position and almost took me out. I didnt want to hit her or eat it so I had to pull some evasive maneuvers. I have generally had good experiences with all types up there but this lady was clearly off her meds. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #8361
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Grinchy...

Outstanding advice from the Grinch. And one of the reasons riding at night is pretty popular in the CNF. With proper trail manners nearly everyone will be able to enjoy this beautiful forest for the foreseeable future.
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #8362
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Who is in for Fri. loop?

In!
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #8363
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Word on gates? Might go tomorrow morning from corona and want to know if maple springs is open. Corona has a couple more rocks on the run around. Easy to leave, but entering there is a bit tougher for a noob. But there are other ways through for a noob.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #8364
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
Word on gates? Might go tomorrow morning from corona and want to know if maple springs is open. Corona has a couple more rocks on the run around. Easy to leave, but entering there is a bit tougher for a noob. But there are other ways through for a noob.
MS gate is closed, but your little bikes will have no problem limboing it.

Hell my LC4 can do it.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #8365
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 625
Cheers to the riders

Old 11-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #8366
spdnjoe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Happy Thanksgiving to all !
Old 11-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #8367
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Cool2

Quote:
Who is in for Fri. loop?

Moved ride to Trabuco Creek area, meet at Cooks 7:30am

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
Old 11-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #8368
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Moved ride to Trabuco Creek area, meet at Cooks 7:30am

Get you rain gear ready boys.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #8369
Fasteddie92882
backinthesaddle

Oddometer: 40
I ran into a similiar person. Not sure if horse thief is near the Indian truck trail head.
A group of us where trying to find the Indian truck trail head and where off by one road.
This lady came out screaming, dogs jumping and biting, threatened to shoot us if we came back.

We just left and went a couple hundred yards down.

I don't think the land is hers, but similar to the OC side many people stake thier claim and try to block access.

Good luck out there ! Stay safe.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #8370
OCHillBilly
n00b

thanks for the response Fasteddie. horsethief is on the OC side. same entrance as holy Jim. this is all CNF land and this lady appeared to be a hiker. I was going slow as there were a fair amount of people and didnt go as far as when it becomes single track. it hooks up with main divide about 4 miles from where I was. Im just kept on moving. No need to get into a confrontation with a stranger. When I saw her the second time, I'd have like to have given her a piece of my mind but there was really no reason. i wasnt going to change her mind and I surely would not have felt good about it. So now I know that theyre out there and I will just avoid them like the plague. on to my next ride!!!