ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #841
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 186
OK I'm a noob. But I am going to try this out.

My current plan is to ride down the 71 South to the 91 West to the 241 South, Pass by Irvine Lake on Santiago Canyon Rd, hang (Left) East on Silverado Canyon Rd then it turns into Maple Springs Rd... And just kinda explore around...

Or I might go around to the other side. Ride down the 71 South to the 91 East, to the 15 south, Exit Lake, it turns into Grand, I then I'll take Perry Rd (AKA El Cariso Trail) up and start exploring.

I'll be leaving Diamond Bar Ca ~10am, and get there ~11am.

Anybody wanna blow-off work and goof off?

I'll check the thread before I leave. I'll report when I get back.

Any advice to a noob on these trails?
Thanks in advance!
08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
DidYouSeeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #842
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeThat
OK I'm a noob. But I am going to try this out.

My current plan is to ride down the 71 South to the 91 West to the 241 South, Pass by Irvine Lake on Santiago Canyon Rd, hang (Left) East on Silverado Canyon Rd then it turns into Maple Springs Rd... And just kinda explore around...

Or I might go around to the other side. Ride down the 71 South to the 91 East, to the 15 south, Exit Lake, it turns into Grand, I then I'll take Perry Rd (AKA El Cariso Trail) up and start exploring.

I'll be leaving Diamond Bar Ca ~10am, and get there ~11am.

Anybody wanna blow-off work and goof off?

I'll check the thread before I leave. I'll report when I get back.

Any advice to a noob on these trails?
Thanks in advance!

Ya, Don't pass cars on the double yellow on S. main divide Rd.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #843
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
sunday, i might be in for that. eather that or a mostly slab ride to palomar or the beach.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #844
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 2,939
I'll be at Maple Springs gate around 8am this morning, leaving at 8:30am, due to the heavy fog back here in the canyon.

Here's my SPOT page:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...KRDlfRVB6QAuUa
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #845
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow
I'll be at Maple Springs gate around 8am this morning, leaving at 8:30am, due to the heavy fog back here in the canyon.

Here's my SPOT page:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...KRDlfRVB6QAuUa

Hey Tim, Good to see you this morning. I looked on the Spot page and it shows you guys planted yourself at Hells Kitchen. I need to get one of those. I could just tell my wife to look at the page if she wants to know when I'm coming home.

Jim
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #846
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 2,939
Yep, made it to Hell's Kitchen and had lunch. The roads are in great shape but starting to get a bit dusty. The first time I make it up the mountain when its clear and my camera takes a dump, so no pictures from the ride today.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #847
MrMike
No self control

Oddometer: 784
Nice ride-in with you guys.

Had a good ride with Jim to the towers. Then Tim came up and took over. We went over to Hells for lunch. Tim had to leave from there so I slabbed it home. Not too many people up there but on the pavement near Ortega an "ASSHOLE" in a pickup almost killed us both. After he came with-in a foot of me, on my side of the road, he came with-in inches of Tim who was a few yards behind me. If I was a bigger guy that would have been trying to figure out how to remove his head from his ass after I got through with him.
But on the bright side when we went past Indian Truck Trail the gate was open! We didn't go down it so can't say for sure if it's open all the way down or if some cut the lock and opened the gate. But if open then the mountain is all open again. Well unless the dumb asses that control the Skyline gate would leave it alone and open.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #848
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,354
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike
Had a good ride with Jim to the towers. Then Tim came up and took over. We went over to Hells for lunch. Tim had to leave from there so I slabbed it home. Not too many people up there but on the pavement near Ortega an "ASSHOLE" in a pickup almost killed us both. After he came with-in a foot of me, on my side of the road, he came with-in inches of Tim who was a few yards behind me. If I was a bigger guy that would have been trying to figure out how to remove his head from his ass after I got through with him.
But on the bright side when we went past Indian Truck Trail the gate was open! We didn't go down it so can't say for sure if it's open all the way down or if some cut the lock and opened the gate. But if open then the mountain is all open again. Well unless the dumb asses that control the Skyline gate would leave it alone and open.
Glad we hung out at the top. Would have missed Tim if we didn't bullshit so much

So hoos going Sunday? Notmymotorcyclebrandanddisplacementname?

JeffS77Wontspendover$500tobuyabike?

Figure Maple Springs by 7:30
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #849
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,302
I didn't get enough done today so I'm out Sunday

Fuckin beer
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #850
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet

JeffS77Wontspendover$500tobuyabike?
dude i just dont like to spend more then $1 a cc

I may be out. i got some friends coming in from out of town that may be crashing here saturday night. dont just want to bail on them in the a.m. .......but one of them is pregnant (not mine) so i'm hoping she decides to drive everybody home so i dont have to kick all there drunk asses out.

I will probably know by like 2-3am sunday
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #851
ffr2370
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Indian Truck Trail is OPEN!!!!

WooooHoooo! Open, Open, Open! It's been closed since the November snow storm that squashed a bunch of trees. Going up it on a 100HP ditch witch is a rush, kinda like a flat track race in second gear with left and right turns. The poor rear tire!

Open, Open, Open!
ffr2370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #852
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 186
I saw Tims post and dammit... I did not get out until of the office until nearly wayyy late.

I kept looking at Tims Spot... and thinkning, "why did I answer the office phone... WHY!!!!

I saw Tim reach the top at ~10, I wrapped it up and loaded up and GONE!!! at 11am. I finally escaped. and it was totally worth it.

Who's this poser ;)

I entered at Perry on the Ortega end and I took it to the top where all the Signal / Antenna Towers are... 45 miles round trip from the enternace at Perry.

Oh, I was running low on water and I asked a dude in a jeep if I could buy a water bottle... Nope!! but I could have one.. We talked and he said that the Indian Truck Trail was offically open!

We met again on my way back down... They (made me) drink one of their beers ahahha. People can be really cool.
To all the cool people

I ended the trip with a quick stop at Hells Kitchen for a coke. Bummer I missed ya!

OMG, there were about 10 big HD Hogs that pulled in while I was drinking my Coke and half of them had pretty gilrs on the back, and the other half were guys and girls on their own big HD hogs.

Typically the pretty ones are on the back of sport bikes. (or Dual Sports - hahhahaa) Leaving the larger rougher and tougher females on the back of Harley's. Not today.

Hmm which one of these is not like the others ;)
08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
DidYouSeeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #853
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidYouSeeThat
wait wait wait, 2 klx's and i wasnt invited. we should have a kawi party some time and meet up at the peak. im out for sunday fyi, ill be taking my dad to palomar to ride, wouldnt want to hold you guys up (and he dont drink much, and doesnt know the really amount i drink). anyone know if they will ever open the gate near the top of it coming from the anza side, theres 2 gates and there always closed.

edit: now i see, its was 2 diffrent pictures lol.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #854
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2

Oddometer: 457
Laugh Ride for sunday July 5th

Anyone up for a sunday ride? I live near lake elsinore near canyon lake. Let me know anywhere local is good for me. I would really like to do a ride to Palomar area.
Kali Trailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #855
xjon
Pedantic Bastard

Oddometer: 386
Will be up Saddleback tomorrow, but dont know what time. So if you see a solo white motorcycle, wave this FF over.