ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #10216
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykayaker View Post
True manhood is not determined by the size of ones wiener....
but by riding skill alone.
everyone knows that !
This thread is doomed....
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #10217
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,929
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
This thread is doomed....
Why do you think I moved.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #10218
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
This thread is doomed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Why do you think I moved.

__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #10219
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
This thread is doomed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Why do you think I moved.

To get as far away from guys like me as possible!
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #10220
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 789
So I will be heading out around 9am or so tomorrow if anyone is interested. Just a mellow ride from Maple gate. Over the hill to biker bar and back. I have never ridden "backwards" from Ortega to Maple springs gate. It should be pretty fun.

I'm testing out some new stuff on my Beta and my Core 2 Rekluse "Pussy clutch" spring adjustment. I'm going to try out the blue heavy springs to get rid of some of the engine braking









And a new replacement chain block. The old one was beat to shit!







One thing for sure, I might not be the best rider (shitty ass C rider in fact). But my bike gets ridden and beat on. No garage queen!
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #10221
The Wolf
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
So I will be heading out around 9am or so tomorrow if anyone is interested. Just a mellow ride from Maple gate. Over the hill to biker bar and back. I have never ridden "backwards" from Ortega to Maple springs gate. It should be pretty fun.

I'm testing out some new stuff on my Beta and my Core 2 Rekluse "Pussy clutch" spring adjustment. I'm going to try out the blue heavy springs to get rid of some of the engine braking









And a new replacement chain block. The old one was beat to shit!







One thing for sure, I might not be the best rider (shitty ass C rider in fact). But my bike gets ridden and beat on. No garage queen!
this guy probably has a rekluse too

The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #10222
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 789
Cool! I see you don't know shit about scooters. They have a CV clutch. All joking aside the Rekluse has opened a whole new world of riding for me. No human can modulate a manual clutch as well as the Rekluse.
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #10223
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,929
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Cool! I see you don't know shit about scooters. They have a CV clutch. All joking aside the Rekluse has opened a whole new world of riding for me. No human can modulate a manual clutch as well as the Rekluse.
Now that it fucking funny.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #10224
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots
 
Clem Kevin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Clemente, CA
Oddometer: 872
I won't make it tomorrow. I have a potential slumber party with a nice gal I met at an Angels game and I work at two tomorrow, but I think I might make it next week if anyone wants to ride Sunday morning, I'll have the day off.
__________________
My Spotwalla Link
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #10225
pitstop911
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Oddometer: 3
Hey Chris-
I am just getting back into dirt bikes/dual sports from a long hiatus and would like to join you guys tomorrow morning to get my feet wet again. I will look for you guys at MS at 9am. Will be on a KTM 450.
Pete
pitstop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #10226
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitstop911 View Post
Hey Chris-
I am just getting back into dirt bikes/dual sports from a long hiatus and would like to join you guys tomorrow morning to get my feet wet again. I will look for you guys at MS at 9am. Will be on a KTM 450.
Pete
That sounds good. We are meeting at the Chevron around 8 AM at Jamboree and Chapman this morning. If we miss you, we are going over the peak to that biker bar on 74. Easy to find. Lots of Harley (and sport bike) Squids will be waddling in the parking lot getting wasted on booze.
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #10227
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitstop911 View Post
Hey Chris-
I am just getting back into dirt bikes/dual sports from a long hiatus and would like to join you guys tomorrow morning to get my feet wet again. I will look for you guys at MS at 9am. Will be on a KTM 450.
Pete

Nice meeting you today Pete. Good ride over the peak. Eating out of a human coffin sure was a trip.

Nice seeing all you hooligans at the peak and meeting the new guy with killer 690. That bike is fucking bad ass! Good on you Dale for not tackling the trail alone. Matt, I'm happy your motor swap worked out.
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC,
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #10228
northsouth15
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 203
great times up and down the mountain with the dirt crewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!









^ plated 450R



^ plated 250sx!



couple newer faces riding pumpkin style







couple CLOSE calls :o



no crashes, no breakdowns, no injuries, no hassle to/from the spot - GREAT RIDE!

and I don't know what happened, but MY HEADLIGHT WORKS ON THE YZ250!!!
northsouth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #10229
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,188
nice pics, thanks for posting them, no one ever posts pics of CNF.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #10230
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,929
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
nice pics, thanks for posting them, no one ever posts pics of CNF.
CNF is a myth.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014