ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #1441
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbx
Fuck! You guys get up too early for me...

I'll plan on being there at that intersection around 9:15 am, and i'm logging that datapoint in my gps, so there's no way I'll get lost!

See ya there
Old 11-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #1442
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
ShortyMcNeverfalls just doesn't have the same ring to it.
I don't know, i kinda like it. But when i say it i feel like i need to eat a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. I can't explain it.....
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #1443
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
GOING damn! hangovers suck! just saw this ran outside, Bike started fine, loading up now! see ya there
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #1444
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
Just got back! I had a great ride But failed miserably on making it there on time I parked about a mile from the gate and as I was parking ?Lost Again? went by or someone on a XR650. Maybe it was him ? Or maybe it wasn't ? I don't know cause I never met any of you guy's. And nobody knew I was coming as this was totally a last second deal for me. I went to a Wedding Last night got a wee bit hammered woke up at 5:00 a.m. took my Daughter to LAX when I got home I saw that a few of you were heading that way so I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door. I tried to make up some time and took the 241? Toll road it cost me $5.50 I didn't know they cost that much!!! By the time I got unloaded geared up and to the Maple springs gate it was 9:23 a.m. So I figured I would just cruise up at my own pace, being that I don't know the roads, and just hope to catch up somewhere along the road. So while go up this beautiful 1 lane wide paved canyon road I'm doing a mental checklist of what I need and what I have with me OK everything's good!! all of a sudden doh! In my hurry I forgot to top off my gas tank so I pull over look in the tank and I did have gas. Just not too much so I start calculating that I can do 140 miles on a full tank and my trip meter says 100 miles but last trip there was a lot of uphill and this one looks like almost all uphill so I figured I could do at least 25-30 miles today So I decided I would just keep going and keep checking the tank every so often. So I come to a fork in the road which way do I go ?? I went straight for a little bit and it started going downhill and I figure thats not gonna be fun pushing up IF the gas runs out so I went back to the fork and went up the right fork til I got to some towers then went a little bit further til it started going downhill. Thats where I decided I should turn around and call it a day. I still had gas and its all downhill from here, so I know I'm good! I decided to have a little fun and ride a 250 lb mountain bike for a while just in case. That was actually pretty fun believe it or not and it was a good thing I did because with the engine off I could hear a motorcycle coming up to a blind turn so I stopped and 2 motorcycles were racing each other side by side flying around the blind corner! WTF! so I dodged that bullet I hope they didn't kill anyone! At least hikers and mountainbikers or some squid that forgot to gas up coasting downhill on a motorcycle could hear them coming. But hitting another Motorcycle or a Jeep could be disasterous for all involved! About a 1/2 mile from the Suburban and trailer I had to switch to reserve I had a great time and bad timing !!! But the gas tank is now full and ready to go . No more of this last minute shit anymore! Well maybe? Hope to see you next time !!

airborndad screwed with this post 11-29-2009 at 03:51 PM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #1445
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Old youtube vid going east on Main Divide

This was about '07 I believe maybe 5 miles before the pavement....

Yes, we passed the mtn bikers.
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #1446
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer: 2,493
Great ride guys! No worries airborne dad, we all just had a good time, and I enjoyed meeting some new guys.

For the two that showed up, sorry I already forgot your names, but thanks for sharing the road with me! XR, I ended up taking the south main divide all the way down to fallbrook like you suggested. I found teh dirt road you mentioned, it cuts into the backside of pendleton, and it gets pretty lonely in there. Fucking a though, i swore some of those buses had working meth labs in them... the one guy i met eyes with looked like the zombie apolocolypse leader. Sweet ride though, the pavement through that back side of the forest is freaking gorgeous. Totally loved the cement waterbars. Braap!

And Husky guy, thanks for getting that sweet photo op with me, and watching me yardsale my ass all over that corner. I appreciate the kind words. The bars are ever so slightly bent, but you were right, they werent that bad. I loosened up both sides of the top tripleclamp and a few persuasions with the deadblow and all is back up to snuff. We need to meet up for another ride soon, because I forgot my damn goggles in your backpack.

Until next time!
xdbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #1447
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Rode CNF again today. Got to the gate at 9:05 and no one was there. Figured that Lost Again had already headed up. Decided to wait for airborndad since this was his first time up here and I knew he wouldn't be able to get to the gate on time based on the time he posted this morning. Around 9:15 I see a couple of bikes.

It's Lost Again and some guy on a brand new XR650L.

They waited a few minutes then headed up to meet the guys coming from the other side. I waited until 9:30 then headed up. About half way to 4 corners, I passed the guy on the 650L, who was already headed back down. Not sure how far he went but he was brand new to dirt and probably not quite ready to go all the way. I got to the peak right around 10.

Lost Again

Lost Again and I hung out for a while. Checked some other riders that were waiting in other spots to see if they were adv guys. Tried to stay warm.

And eventually xdbx and cribaby showed up

Everyone hung out for a while.

We were offered some refreshing beverages by some dudes in a jeep.

And we even had some additional visitors on bikes.

Lost Again headed back down Maple Springs while the rest of us headed to Hell's Kitchen.

On the way xdbx stopped for some reason and here I think he was introducing me to his bike.

We had to sneak in the back at Hell's Kitchen so we wouldn't embarrass any of those Harley guys with lesser bikes.

Ate at our regular table under the "Harley Country" sign.

and on the way out xdbx wanted to see what it would take to get beat up in a place like this. You'll have to see his pics for that, and luckily he failed.

Nice fun ride. Nice to meet xdbx and hopefully he will find a job out here because there's still some spots he hasn't ridden yet and he's going to have to earn some money so he can get some new goggles.

Took the coast home
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #1448
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
G r e a t pics as usual. No need to even photoshop. So no wife and kids and you get to ride any day you want. Life could be worse.
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #1449
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

dude... there's 2 of me. how in the hell?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #1450
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

pics

Rebuilt or not... that XRL don't have no 100 horses.

The Riceless takeoff lives on!

Shoulda left it on the seat...

I remember faces, not names. Please post for the rest of us

Brrrr-fucking---rrrrrrrr

California dreaming...

The way back was pretty sweet too!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #1451
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
... snip ...

and on the way out xdbx wanted to see what it would take to get beat up in a place like this. You'll have to see his pics for that, and luckily he failed.

... snip ...
Hey hey, look who's talking! I'm all for it, like I said. My "sleepy" photoshoot was a hit to the entire class freshman year. I say we all give it a shot. Some of the reactions are really hilarious.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #1452
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
that last picture is my new background, WAY to funny. whats the story with that.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #1453
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbx

I remember faces, not names. Please post for the rest of us

BiggieFalls...Eric ^

cribaby.....Charlie ^

hi guys
Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #1454
focallength
?

Oddometer: 4,456
next time you guys should park all the bikes that way and walk off. Sit back and watch all the hardley riders walk by . Like how we used to park our BMX bikes as kids. Just tossed into a pile, on the lawn. God that would be front page material.

The best spot to do it would under the "hardley's only" sign
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #1455
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
dont give me ideas...
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote