Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #31
Stuntman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
If you plan on pulling the trigger on the wee-strom you might want to consider the re-sale issue. At some point you will want a different bike, and as you have already pointed out, there are a lot of v-stroms for sale and they aren't selling. I know of two used ones in awsome shape that have been for sale for a long time in Baton Rouge. They are listed in the classifieds at www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com.

I own a F650GS Dakar and I have a lot of experience on the wee-stom. Here is my 2 cents:

Around town the GS is easier to manuver around due to the lower center of gravity. It will give you more confidence. Off-road the Dakar version is FAR superior to the wee-strom. For long distance riding the wee-strom is superior. You can easily go long distances on the GS but the wee does it better. I feel fit and finsh is equal. As for dealer support, they all suck around New Orleans so that is a toss up although there are more Zuki dealers that BMW.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #32
melodicly OP
illeteratte

Oddometer: 37
That's what I needed. I guess I really should have posted this on that forum, but work has actually picked up a bit for the last couple of weeks so haven't had much 'putor time. It sounds like with all of the long distance I do in my cage (would much rather it by my bike) that the wee is the best choice. However you know these roads I commute through (Carrolton to Esplande to Dectur) so you know what I mean by car sized holes. They seem to show up over night no matter how well you know the road (my ford explorer is falling apart from the wheels up!) and would really like your opinion on these two bikes. Thanks for postin!
Dale
melodicly is offline   Reply With Quote