User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Randy Babcock OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Thumb Belstaff gear.....

Hey! I love my Belstaff jacket! I got this email and thought I'd pass on the site. Maybe I'll get the cover they are offering for making the thread????

(E-mail)
I could use your Help with this one. We have noticed that there are very few web link in the USA for Our product lines (Belstaff, Knox & Barbour). We would love it if our current customers could help us spread the word. Therefore we would like to thank anyone who puts up a write up or starts a web thread linking to our web site www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com by giving them a Thanks you gift. Just sent us a link to your write-up, banner, or the web thread you started with your current mailing address and we will send you a Bike Cover. This offer is good while supplies last we have about 200 covers to give away, just let us know if your bike has a large windscreen or not.

Thanks for your help..

Paul Brooks
CEO
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com

Randy Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Once the Long Way Down DVD is released, Belstaff will be next "must have" item for the new generation of GS riders. Rally 2 jackets will be a dime a dozen on the Flea Market.

Rick
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
Once the Long Way Down DVD is released, Belstaff will be next "must have" item for the new generation of GS riders. Rally 2 jackets will be a dime a dozen on the Flea Market.
Only if the fashion victims confuse the products produced by the current-day, Italy-based Belstaff company - www.belstaff.com with those of British Motorcycle Gear. British Motorcycle Gear acquired the rights to produce the motorcycle specific gear which was produced prior to 2005 (?) by the Belstaff company when it was owned by Phoenix NW the UK distributor of motorcycle clothing and helmets. The new range of Italian produced Belstaff gear bears little relation to the more functional range of clothing which BMG are still marketing.

Perhaps you can tell how pissed off I was when Phoenix sold the Belstaff brand name to an Italian "designer" who used it launch a range of "designer" clothing for Milanese scooter riders and other "beautiful people"....
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,766
yes but isn't belstaff the fashion company the one that is supporting ewan and charlie? http://www.belstaff.com/

when those guys are wearing belstaff gear, its made by the new italian owners, not the british motorcycle gear guys out of california, right??
now i don't know what to buy .
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
dfc
Reluctant Cannonball

Oddometer: 2,756
I got that email too, I really do like my Discovery jacket as well, this is my second one.
good luck to you and hope you get a bike cover, I dont use 'em much.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Randy Babcock OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
In the mail???

I told them I started this thread but have heard nothing back...good advertising scheme..be the cover is in the mail?
Randy Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
GPM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Paul's a great guy who really cares about his products. I'm sure your cover will be arriving soon.
GPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Dantegod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Bitish Motorcycle Gear

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the thread... I did not see an e-mail from you listing this thread. I have a whole stack of covers going out everyday where did you want your sent too....? Some great stuff on this site, I cruise it daily and have used some of the suggestions here to make changes to some of our products... We are now adding a hidden snap as well as velcro to the neck of the Mercury Jacket for all those long distance riders that wanted a better closure at the neck.... Stop by and say Hi at any of the Cycle World Shows.. I have done every stop on the tour for 17 years now...

Paul Brooks
CEO
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #9
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Wow Paul on this site, cool. I got my cover yesterday thanks Paul

I am going to do something about the neck on my mercury, I must have got on the last ones with the old neck closure.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the thread... I did not see an e-mail from you listing this thread. I have a whole stack of covers going out everyday where did you want your sent too....? Some great stuff on this site, I cruise it daily and have used some of the suggestions here to make changes to some of our products... We are now adding a hidden snap as well as velcro to the neck of the Mercury Jacket for all those long distance riders that wanted a better closure at the neck.... Stop by and say Hi at any of the Cycle World Shows.. I have done every stop on the tour for 17 years now...

Paul Brooks
CEO
Paul - fantastic products (even if I did get mine from eBay in the UK )
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Oddometer: 24,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPM
Paul's a great guy...
I can attest to that. Yapped with him for a good 1/2 hour at the bike show near Detroit back in January. Great history lesson on a few bike and gear related topics and I was impressed the "big cheese" for BMG was out peddling his wares. Very old-school, very cool.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
Dr Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
'Gorilla' marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
Hi Randy,

Paul Brooks
CEO
Paul -

I've been watching this thread and and wondering if it wouldn't be a Good Idea for you to offer some of your gear to the ADV crowd here since - judging by some of the Jo Mamma posts - a fair number of our fellow inmates could really use a good Straight Jacket.

Seriously, given that the 'other' Belstaff has basically become lubricant for fashion whores, it makes sense to get the real gear out into the greasy paws of those folks who actually get dirty riding motorbikes.

Sure, this works - give us a break on the Good Stuff, we do in-person marketing for you, you count your coppers, we ride in comfort and style, and the more rabid types will be so busy waxing cotton they won't have time to Face Plant.

"Just a Modest Proposal, Mr. Swift...."

Cheers

Jim

Dr Jim screwed with this post 09-07-2007 at 05:43 PM
Dr Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
BikerDave
Greybeard Rider

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy
yes but isn't belstaff the fashion company the one that is supporting ewan and charlie? http://www.belstaff.com/

when those guys are wearing belstaff gear, its made by the new italian owners, not the british motorcycle gear guys out of california, right??
now i don't know what to buy .
The old Belstaff company does not make motorcycle gear anymore. All the motorcycle specific gear is made by British Motorcycle Gear now.
Which btw, is the only gear I wear! Trekker 3/4 jacket, Spitfire sport jacket and a Zodiac for the summer!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerDave
The old Belstaff company does not make motorcycle gear anymore. All the motorcycle specific gear is made by British Motorcycle Gear now.
Which btw, is the only gear I wear! Trekker 3/4 jacket, Spitfire sport jacket and a Zodiac for the summer!
Not sure that statement is true. The Long Way Down boys wore Belstaff and I'm pretty sure it was not from BMG
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Not sure that statement is true. The Long Way Down boys wore Belstaff and I'm pretty sure it was not from BMG
You're correct. The stuff that Ewan and Charlie wore on their most recent trip was made by the new Italian Belstaff company. They've recently re-introduced some motorcycle jackets into their range. However, they're over-priced and prioritise "style" over function.

http://www.superbike.co.uk/products/...ws_114112.html
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote