Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 AM   #181
mtnyeti
Caveman

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
Yes, please. Were all connected and most of us have "paypal" Weve been known to lend a hand to our brthren in need. We have many riders in your area and can lend support from financial to physical labor, pick ups, drop offs, not too long ago we built a wheelchair (God forbid) ramp, deck etc for one of our own who wrecked.
If you need anything at all, please ask us, many of us will do what we can. This is not just some "internet blog", many many many of us are real freinds ready to help.
Lots of love to you and Josh.
Sean
+1

Sean is 100% correct. I'm about 100 miles from Charlotte - if anything at all is needed back in NC please let me know. As others have stated this is a small and tight community. One of the few that people can really put their trust into.

I've been following Josh's travels from the beginning. When I read Riverrats post concerning the injury I didn't even know what to say. It's all about attitude and I think Josh has one of the best. The fact that he rode across the country solo is a testamant to his will and perseverance. I pray for your speedy recovery brother!

mtnyeti screwed with this post 10-22-2007 at 04:12 AM
mtnyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #182
Kristi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Funklab and parents - I started reading Josh's ride report just a day or so ago and my heart sank when I read the posting of his accident. We will continue to watch for updates and will pray for a full recovery. God Bless you all.
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #183
cmack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
I'm absolutely stunned to hear of Josh's accident! I've been following his postings for some time, always looking forward to a bright outlook on his adventures and misadventures. Add me to a long list of my Adv brethern praying for a fast and full recovery!
cmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #184
Slappy McGee
Fatty Fat

Oddometer: 593
Josh & Family,

Best of luck and hope everything turns out OK. I also live right near Charlotte so add me to the "Charlotte army" should you need anything taken care of back on the home front.
Slappy McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #185
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,126
Hey folks!

I've been following Josh from just about the start, any support I can give from Charlotte is available without hesitation. Also posted in the "East" regional to get more ADV's aware. Send funklab my well wishes, Charlotte is here and at the ready!
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #186
lespaul85
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quite sorry to hear about this. It hits me hard because I am an XR650L rider here in Charlotte also so I was looking forward to seeing what experiences would be gone through on "my" bike and living vicariously through my "neighbor" Josh.

We have a large number of dual sporters and motorcyclists who live in charlotte and post on charlottesportbikes.com as well as ADVrider. I guess I'll speak for the bulk of us and say we'd love to help out in any way we can. Just let us know and please keep us up to date on the recovery progress as there's plenty of people out there that aren't posting but are monitoring this closely nonetheless.
lespaul85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #187
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Contact RiderDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by funklab.dad
I am Josh's Dad and his mom and I are with him at the hospital in Palm Springs.

On Thursday 10/18/07 Josh and a good buddy were riding the sand at Glamis and Josh went up a ridge. To hear him tell it, at the top - suddenly there was notghing but air - and a 20+ foot drop.

F.D., may I suggest that you guys contact the RiderdownFund: http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php?page=Contact They may be able to provide some assistance or help.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #188
x32792
Cracker American

Oddometer: 570
My thoughts and prayers are with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by funklab.dad
I am Josh's Dad and his mom and I are with him at the hospital in Palm Springs.

On Thursday 10/18/07 Josh and a good buddy were riding the sand at Glamis and Josh went up a ridge. To hear him tell it, at the top - suddenly there was notghing but air - and a 20+ foot drop.

He says he did the best he could, landed pretty square - but when it all bottomed out, he just lost all feeling in his legs. Freaky, he landed so good that he went forward another 15 feet on the bike before he finally fell over...

Thanks to quick and caring work by his ridng buddies - Josh was protected from the sun and layed quietly while the helicopter was called for extraction.

He is stable and talking, but still has no feeling or control from the waist down. Doctors say his T-11 was crushed. He can only lay on his back right now....

The neurosurgeons are planning surgery on Tuesday to use screws and rods to stabilize his spine so he can sit up. We will try to update after the surgery this Tuesday.

Thanks to all of his riding buddies for their prayers and thoughts.
Dear Sir,

I too have a son and can only imagine what you and your family are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and your son.

John Hunter
Winter Park, FL
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #189
tomski12
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Another good contact, on the treatment side, is the Miami Project (themiamiproject.org). They've have done a lot of research on finding effective treatments for spinal cord injuries.

I was also following Josh's trip with a lot of envy. Hopefully, he'll be able to complete the trip someday.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #190
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,623
Josh & family, my prayers are with you for a full recovery.

+1 on the Miami Project, they do good work.

If possible, you should try to contact Dr. Terry Trammel at Methodist hospital in Indianapolis. He is one of the best in the business at putting broken bones/vertebra back together. He's saved many a race drivers career and some of their lives.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #191
FrankS
...please wait...

Oddometer: 416
when I read about the accident a few days ago, I didn't really know what to say / what to write.
I still don't but luckily, Truckin_Thumper does and I feel exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper
I don't get all sappy, but my heart just dropped a good bit. I have chills just typing this.
You opened up your daily life to share with all of us, and I feel as if I know you like a neighbor...... for once in my life (ok I felt a heavy heart for Don too), I feel sadness for a "total stranger"....
I hope you make a full recovery...
All the best, Josh, let us know if we can help in any way, even if only via paypal...

regards

Frank
FrankS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #192
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,153
I live in the Charlotte area too. If the family needs anything, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Jesse

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #193
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,496
Hope the surgery goes well.

Heal up quick and complete.

Best wishes, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #194
RiverRat
Endless Chores

Oddometer: 3,836
Updated

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...75#post5542475

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #195
Kristi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
RiverRat - thanks for the update. We'll say an extra prayer today for Josh.
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote