Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #361
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
Good to hear from you J. So can you keep that doohickey or did you have to give it back?
Well before they knocked me out I told them I wanted to keep whatever bits of metal they pulled out of me. The doc gave me a wierd look for a half a second and then shrugged his sholders "okay".

The day after my surgery the doc came by and gave it to me in a biohazard bag. So of course I brought it out to show all the other cripples in therapy.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262651
funklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #362
salcar
Riding 4 Health

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by funklab

finally some pics!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #363
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Thanks for the update, Josh.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #364
piratehood
discoverin' dual sportin

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcar
finally some pics!!!!
And a couple of good looking therapists....
Thanks for sharing your trip , it was really great to read , like everyone else my prayers go out to you and your family , and it is great to read your posts.
piratehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #365
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer: 1,545
Funklab..
After reading your report, you are one amazing person! Your strength and resolution is unbelievable. I would like to think I could be as strong as you, but I know I would not be 1/2 as strong as you! Keep up the adventure that I know is in your future........

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Flyingavanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #366
salcar
Riding 4 Health

hey funklab how is it going? got any more pics?????
I hope all is well. i'm remodeling my house and i'm going to check in if i can put a wheel chair entrance and bathroom.. so you can come down and spend some time in Nica!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #367
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Nah, no pics lately... aint been doing much

tomorrow ima get a car though, a used camry... gonna get some hand controls off the internet and slap them suckers in later on this week.

good to hear from you sal... i aint got nothing to do until august, maybe I will swing thru there (you actually got me checking on plane tickets to Managua now... wouldnt really want to ride a car for that long).

I go to the doc later on this week, they're gonna run some tests, and hopefully get me off of this drug i gotta take every day (it costs me $240 a month for this drug) its a drug to stop my body from building extra bone material in the muscles of my leg... only people with spinal cord injuries seem to get this disease...like being paralyzed isnt enough.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #368
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,990
Quote:
Nah, no pics lately... aint been doing much

tomorrow ima get a car though, a used camry... gonna get some hand controls off the internet and slap them suckers in later on this week.

good to hear from you sal... i aint got nothing to do until august, maybe I will swing thru there (you actually got me checking on plane tickets to Managua now... wouldnt really want to ride a car for that long).

I go to the doc later on this week, they're gonna run some tests, and hopefully get me off of this drug i gotta take every day (it costs me $240 a month for this drug) its a drug to stop my body from building extra bone material in the muscles of my leg... only people with spinal cord injuries seem to get this disease...like being paralyzed isnt enough.

so obviously we need to procur some skull stickers for the Camry
Keep up the good work Funkster.
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #369
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
so obviously we need to procur some skull stickers for the Camry
Keep up the good work Funkster.
eh, the skull sticker didnt do me any favors a couple of days after I put it on the desert decided to bust up some of my bones! I think I will leave it off of the camry

Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #370
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,990
Quote:
eh, the skull sticker didnt do me any favors a couple of days after I put it on the desert decided to bust up some of my bones! I think I will leave it off of the camry
alright..cancelling skull stickers..how about devil girls?
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #371
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
how about devil girls?
Future dates?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #372
salcar
Riding 4 Health

Quote:
Hi Funk!

The invitation is still open to come down here. i need a lot of help keeping track of my different projects. I got a bed room that might work for you the only problem is that the bathroom is small. If you take the door out the entrance is 27 inches the size of the bathroom is 52 inches x93 inches. the main door to the house is 32 inches and the size of the door for the room is 26. Door to the kitchen is 27 inches. no step and no stairs. let me know how we could modify the bathroom to make it work.

Quote:
what is the name of this pills... can you buy them generic?

Funklab i look forward to seeing you in Nicaragua soon!
S.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #373
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcar
Hi Funk!

The invitation is still open to come down here. i need a lot of help keeping track of my different projects. I got a bed room that might work for you the only problem is that the bathroom is small. If you take the door out the entrance is 27 inches the size of the bathroom is 52 inches x93 inches. the main door to the house is 32 inches and the size of the door for the room is 26. Door to the kitchen is 27 inches. no step and no stairs. let me know how we could modify the bathroom to make it work.

what is the name of this pills... can you buy them generic?

Funklab i look forward to seeing you in Nicaragua soon!
S.
wow, you went around and measured doors and everything. I might have to come down there now! I can almost fit through a 24" door with the door on, but not quite, so if a door is 25 or 26" and it still has the door in the frame, I should be good. I will talk to you about that once i get some things worked out. Maybe I can roll through this summer, take a plane to Managua or something.

Hopefully I can get off this drug, its etidronate disodium, and the $250/month price IS the generic and thats after a blue cross discount and calling around all over town to find the lowest price. I really want to know what the hell is in those pills that cost $6 a pill!

Oh well, I am in ATL again, hopefully they will run some tests and tell me I dont have to take it any more. we will see.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:01 AM   #374
donny662
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
I read through the whole thread tonight, and I was glad when I came to the point when you finally uploaded the last of your pics before the accident. In spite of the bad outcome, the pic of the track you made after that much air is awesome.

How has the Camry been working out? Please post some pics. I'm sure everyone still would like to see how you're doing. Something like this could happen to anyone of us, and it is comforting to know that we could get through it too.

Keep us updated on how school and getting back on less than 4 wheels is going.

I was promised pics of you in S. America. I won't release you from that obligation just because you broke your spine!!!

donny662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #375
funklab OP
high plains drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny662
I was promised pics of you in S. America. I won't release you from that obligation just because you broke your spine!!!

Believe me, I plan on doing it. I would do it right now if I had the cash, but alas, this healthcare system of ours has been so addicting that it drained all my funds. And even if I were to be GIVEN some sort of trike/sidecar rig I couldnt accept it because it would disqualify me from Medicaid (which I need to get thru at least the next two years until medicare kicks in).

But I do plan on hitting the road again. It will be a huge challenge, but it will be worth it.

Right now I am thinking about trying to get into medical school. It would take me two years to complete all the premed stuff I would need, and then I would apply for medical school and (assuming I got in) I would have 6 months to a year to kill (sounds like a trip to me!).

I dont have any pics yet cuz I dont do anything. Once I get back to real life and start doing stuff I will post a pic or two for you advers out there.