LS2 d/s helmets?

Anybody seen/used an LS2 MX453 helmet?

http://ls2helmets.us/_live/index.php...index&cPath=10
tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,104
I just got one of their modular helmets. It looks all right but I don't know how well it will hold up in a crash - not saying its bad just that I don't know.

On the scale between round and oval it leans to the oval side which is why I got it. It's rounder than a Shoei and more oval than HJC if that makes sense.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
tslewisz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,374
I tried-on some FF385's (street full-face) and I agree w/ your shape assessment. They fit me. I'm wearing Scorpion now, street and dirt.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
opcocrg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I've only tried them on at the bike shop but I liked how it fit. I also tried on the AFX FX-39 and the Icon Variant and I found the LS2 to be a better fitting more comfortable helmet on "my" head. It looks like it will accept the use of goggles better than a lot of the other dual-sports out there as well. I have been considering them for my next helmet purchase I just can't seem to wear out the one I've got
Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
tslewisz OP
Beastly Adventurer

I just ordered one so we'll see.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
opcocrg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I just ordered one so we'll see.
Report back on how you like it. I have a "scorpion" head (I've owned 7 of them) and found the ls2 to be comfortable.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
tslewisz OP
Beastly Adventurer

I've ridden w/ the new MX453 twice now. The first ride was simply back home from the dealer I got it, on my '04 GS Adv, the second was about a hundred miles on my 630 on roads but some gravel, thank goodness.

First, it fits me great. The interior is firm yet plush. The straps and strap pads work well, too. No annoying abrasions or odd pressures anywhere. The visor is well thought out for higher (than trails or MX) speeds in that there are BIG holes for air to get out the back of it, plus it's smaller than a dirt lid. It doesn't catch wind nearly as bad as a dirt helmet. Winds today here in the prairie were mild, but I never felt the shape of the helmet was a problem, even at 70 MPH. Ventilation seemed very good. Even w/ the shield down there seemed to be a lot of airflow.

The only negative is the shield. Though it seems very robust and the lack of detents is nice, it is far from distortion free. Still, it wasn't so bad that I didn't want to use at higher speeds. In fact, it was very welcome then. At slower speeds, where my focus was likely to be varying in distance and side-to-side more radically, it was annoying, but simply raising it and depending on my sunglasses for protection was an easy solution.

All in all, for quite a bit less than $200, I'm glad I bought it. I don't know if I could do a 500 mile highway day on the GS with it, though. The shield might get the better of me.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,099
Other brand same helmet Nitro MX453
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
Anybody seen/used an LS2 MX453 helmet?

http://ls2helmets.us/_live/index.php...index&cPath=10
Just left a meeting with a rep. these are from the same chinese factories as fulmer and a couple other economical brands (many many companies buy the same shells off the shelf slap on some customization and their badge).

They are shop distriubtion only which is good!!!!!

Feel nice and look nice but don't expect anything better then a mid-line like fulmer, etc..

I own a fulmer so feel confident that I know what i'd get with them. I'll let you know if my boss decides to do anything with them.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #10
zombieKILLER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Hi guys!!! LS2 makes good quality helmets at affordable prices. BTW, im a dealer here in the Philippines. . This particular model just arrived few days ago. I will be getting one for myself & ride with my DRZ400sm. I'll give you some reviews. How much msrp in US? Here its really cheap. P6,500.00 (philippine peso) for graphics & P6,000.00 for solid colors.

Here's a video i saw on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLgDW...ature=youtu.be
2010 Yamaha Mio
"NEVER GO LESS THAN FULL FORCE"

zombieKILLER screwed with this post 01-06-2012 at 12:48 AM
zombieKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
They crank them off the same Chinese assembly line as fulmer helmets, and a couple others. So if you have experience with fulmer expect same fit and function, with some different colors stamped on the shell.

That's info directly From an LS2 salesman

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
Phil_Ammendolia
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
About LS2 Helmets

Hi all,

This post is quite old, but you never know...

I'm the new VP of Sales and Marketing for LS2, and hope it's OK for me to comment. This isn't intended as a sales pitch. I only thought I could offer a little more info.

The factory where LS2 helmets are built is MHR. In fact, they're owned by MHR. MHR builds for a lot of brands on a lot of quality levels, from entry-level to high-end. I'll leave it to you to decide, but I'm comfortable that our helmets will hold their own against such brands as Scorpion and HJC (both of which build a very good helmet). Because we're backed by the factory, we can often offer a bit more value for the dollar.

The MX453 is a fiberglass, Trimatrix shell and is DOT and ECE approved. The liner is a technical fabric that wicks moisture to keep the rider cool, and is anti-bacterial and odor-resistant. It's also removable and washable.

I ride a 2003 KLR 650 and have put about 300 miles on my MX453. I like it a lot. It's comfortable and reasonably quiet. The peak has large air holes, so it doesn't catch the wind. I noticed at about 70 MPH on the highway, if I tilt my head forward/downward about an inch I find a spot where the airflow is super smooth and quiet. I'm 5'11" and my bike has the stock windshield.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to get them answered.

Thanks.
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
Voidrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
Talk about perfect timing.

I found LS2 helmets at a local dealer, but this particular dealer has carried a lot of oddball here-today-gone-tomorrow brands. I didn't pay any particular attention to them.

While on a trip a couple weeks ago, at a more upscale shop I found them being promoted. I respect the opinions of the owners of this shop, so I decided to check the helmets out more seriously.

I find that I wear a small Shoei, I have worn an X-Tec, an R-Eleven, and a Hornet...all sized small, all fit extremely well. It seems I wear an XS in the LS2 brand. I found that after trying a couple different FF386s, that a fold in the padding high on the brow produced a pressure point. Since it is in the padding, and not a ridge in the foam, I am not sure about it "compressing" to better fit my head after a while. One dealer suggested carving a divot in the foam where the pressure point was occurring...but being that it seemed to be due to the fold in the padding, I am not sure that would work, much less be advisable.

I haven't found a FF394 to try on in person yet. Do you think that the helmets would be identical enough that I would likely find the pressure point with the FF394s?

I have to say, I love the features and build quality I have seen with the FF386s, great for a US $180 price point. I really want to love these helmets, but I am unsure if that one spot will become more comfortable. Any advice or suggestions? TIA.
Voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Butters
Kwyjibo

Oddometer: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bp
I'm thinking you two may know each other . . . .
Old 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,264
bump.

i was interested in buying the LS2 dual sport helmet but had an enquiry to make about the eps liner. i emailed their information email address twice and never got a response so bought another helmet instead.

i figure if they don't bother to respond to a potential customer then their lack of concern could extend into their helmet manufacturing as well.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote