Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #2341
jameswwright
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoia View Post
Welcome to the forum, I'd like to see your windshield & how it's mounted. What kind is it ?
I'll have a look and grab some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the welcome!
jameswwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #2342
DualSPRTfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSPRTfan View Post
I see the adjustment screw to adjust the head light from left to right, but how do I do a simple adjustment to raise of lower the beam. Right now in low beam setting it's pointing about 35 feet in front and it's not lighting up any of road signs etc. It's too focused and is getting a bit dangerous riding in the night, I must say.
anyone??
Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #2343
Sequoia
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSPRTfan View Post
anyone??
After you take the headlight fairing off there are two nuts holding the light in place in the framework, you should be able to loosen those to adjust the headlight up or down some. The left to right you already found, has the spring & bolt type adjustment.
Sequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #2344
jameswwright
Adventurer

As requested by Sequoia, I couldn't find any branding information on the windshield but I can measure it if you still want to know more, here are the pics:

Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #2345
jameswwright
Adventurer

This may not be a question specific to Super Sherpa but more of a motorcycle newbie question but where do you guys keep your registration/insurance info? I figured there'd be a compartment underneath the seat or something, but I guess not.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #2346
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswwright View Post
This may not be a question specific to Super Sherpa but more of a motorcycle newbie question but where do you guys keep your registration/insurance info? I figured there'd be a compartment underneath the seat or something, but I guess not.
I have a tank bag and the lid of it has small mesh portions that are zippered up with req.papers, maybe the owners manual,
And it's ready easily I know.if needed
I can furnish the papers without any toolkit be involved

Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #2347
Sequoia
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
As requested by Sequoia, I couldn't find any branding information on the windshield but I can measure it if you still want to know more, here are the pics:

Man I like that windshield, it looks about perfect in size. Only I see know that it's curved & I already have a piece of aluminum mounted to my plastic for an additional dash & one like that would just mess things up for me.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #2348
Sequoia
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
In my wallet.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #2349
jameswwright
Adventurer

Quote:
Man I like that windshield, it looks about perfect in size. Only I see know that it's curved & I already have a piece of aluminum mounted to my plastic for an additional dash & one like that would just mess things up for me.
Yeah, I didn't even realize it wasn't stock 'til I started going through this thread.

I guess wallet makes sense for the papers, it's only a couple of little slips of paper. Thanks for the tips.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #2350
scootertooter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
I keep the papers (including the Key Number (should I need an emergency replacement), extended warranty contract sheet, and passport (when needed)) in one chest pocket of my Olympia Motosports Patton 3/4 jacket. The chest pockets are waterproof.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #2351
Sequoia
Gnarly Adventurer

If you're on a ride it's a good idea to just put your wallet in a ziplock bag to keep it dry.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #2352
SasquatchBearPig
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
I took a photo copy and keep it in a ziplock bag in the tool compartment.
SasquatchBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #2353
Many Thunders
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
I fold mine up nice and flat, insert it into a ziplock bag and place it into the lining of my helmet. This way I am never stupid enough to go out without my helmet, registration, or insurance.

Many Thunders.
Many Thunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #2354
eepeqez
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
My registration number is on the plate on the back of the bike. My matching registration label shows when the registration expires. In Australia, only the Northern Territory, where many cars have only one registration plate despite being issued with two, requires us to carry registration documents. Now if only VicRoads (think DMV) could grasp that unlike cars, most motorcycles do not have windows, and issue registration labels where the glue is on the back, not the front. Heck, they issue boat registration labels with the glue on the back.

Third party personal insurance is part of the registration in my state, if the bike is registered then it is insured.

Property insurance is not compulsory here, so there is nothing to prove; if I have a collision (or for that matter, if I cause a collision without being hit, such as running a bike off the road) I am required to stop and exchange details. I may choose to give insurance details at that point, or the other party may make a claim against me, allowing me to decide later on what action to take, whether to reject the claim, pay the damage myself or pass it on to my property insurance company for them to deal with.

I am required to carry my driver's licence when driving, which is a convenient credit card size plastic card.
eepeqez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #2355
DualSPRTfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
After you take the headlight fairing off there are two nuts holding the light in place in the framework, you should be able to loosen those to adjust the headlight up or down some. The left to right you already found, has the spring & bolt type adjustment.
thanks, I will give it a shot tonight.