Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #871
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whickage
I have a second battery and it's all charged and ready to go, but I don't know how to install it. Do I just unhook the old one and swap in the new one, or do I have to do something in order to avoid damaging the electrical system?
It's that simple. Disconnect old battery, remove, put in new battery, hook up.

I think the hardest part is remembering how to reset the clock after you get the new battery hooked up.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #872
scootertooter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Thanks BakonMoto. What type of bags, etc. do you use?

Again, (anyone) chime in with your likes/dislikes with racks and bags/boxes/panniers.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #873
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZ9
Selling my 2001 Super Sherpa. It is in great condition and at a very reasonable price. Check it out on Craiglook.com , it's located in Loveland, CO. Thought one of you ADVriders might be interested.

Ride safe,

Taz
I really want to get one for my wife (secretly me) but alas, my big Kawi has eaten all my $. Wish I had something cool to trade or something.
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #874
riverrat1515
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
looking at getting a sherpa

looking at getting a second bike so some of my buddys can ride with me.Seen a sherpa for sale it's a 2000 has 16000 km on it .Pretty sure it's going to need tires for a safety. It started and ran good the guy is asking 1500$ for it. Just wondering if it's worth it,and if there is anything else that i should check on the bike.
riverrat1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #875
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,140
I looked at a 2000 Sherpa for sale yesterday. It was a farm bike that the kid got new and didn't ride much, less than 700 mi. I don't think its even been plated so I'm guessing it was a rough 700 miles. It wouldn't start because the battery was dead but it looked to be in good shape. I might go back and ride it when he gets a new battery for it. The price is right but it might be a little small for what I want so I'm looking at DRs and KLR 650s also. Bikes are going cheap this time of the year and I would like to get something before winter. You guys have a nice thread, thanks for the info.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #876
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,655
looking at getting a second bike so some of my buddys can ride with me.Seen a sherpa for sale it's a 2000 has 16000 km on it

WTF? Pretty generous. Can I be your buddie? Seriously, you need new buddies. Friends with their own bikes. Nothing wrong with having an extra bike for a loaner. but thats in case one breaks down, the group can keep going and having fun.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #877
mike21b
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio
looking at getting a second bike so some of my buddys can ride with me.Seen a sherpa for sale it's a 2000 has 16000 km on it

WTF? Pretty generous. Can I be your buddie? Seriously, you need new buddies. Friends with their own bikes. Nothing wrong with having an extra bike for a loaner. but thats in case one breaks down, the group can keep going and having fun.
I let just about anyone with experience ride my KLR. I even let my 6'3" brother in law crash it! Hurt himself more than the bike. Gashed hand and knee, the KLR came away with a torn handgrip.

I'm a bit pickier with my Sherpa. My wife is usually on it, but I ride it too.

And the ZRX-1200, nope. I let my brother ride that, and that's about it. He's better than me on the street and has a ZZR-600 anyway.
mike21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #878
Timmy 2 Trak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Here's a picture of my buddies Super Sherpa. A very sweet little play bike, we love to ride it.
Timmy 2 Trak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #879
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,400
Thumb Silver

Hey Timmy ...

I like the SSS (Silver Super Sherpa)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #880
riverrat1515
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Well the plan kinda is to get them into riding a bit so they will want to get there own bikes. I just started riding a few years ago myself, didn't know if i was going to be interested either when i first started. Now i'm hooked.I may even keep the sherpa for myself and let them use my old bike.It's a 1986 honda xl250r. Hopefully like i said they will get hooked on riding and get there own bike. And it will be nice to have a back up bike.

Pretty sure i will be going today to buy it. 1250$ i can get it for.
riverrat1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #881
supersherpasam
n00b

Oddometer: 1
A Rack for Scootertooter

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion eepeqez.
I hope others will chime in.
Hey Scoot - I'm with eepeqez on this one. The stockman rack is really strong, made by Kawa to fit Stockman / Sherpa and only requires minor modifications to the rear guard of the Sherpa. Some discussion of this over on Dr. J's yahoo super sherpa group.

But - you'll probably have to order from an Oz dealer - Mototech in Geelong are good (see eepeqez link), or a country dealer like Graham Rye Kawasaki in Colac or Shepparton Kawa. You never know, these country guys may also have a second hand rack or old stock - I got a pretty good deal from the Colac dealer because he had had the fitting brackets sitting on his shelf for a few years and wanted to clear them.

I reckon the stronger the better - never know what you may need to load on there one day!

Only slight problem with the wider racks - a bit of a pain to swing your leg over and a knock on the knee can occasionally happen. This is usually only a difficulty when trying to mount on uneven or unstable ground. But if you are older or less agile you may want to consider the overall width of the rack you choose.

Good luck with your search

Cheers
supersherpasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #882
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,238
Took my (new to me) SS out for a spin today, and what a hoot to actually look for roads, hop grass sections through suspicious looking ditches, or climb overgrown embankments instead of having to turn around or stick to the asphalt!

Woot!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #883
scootertooter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Thanks, Supersherpasam!
Miles of Smiles!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #884
eepeqez
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersherpasam
...you'll probably have to order from an Oz dealer - Mototech in Geelong are good (see eepeqez link), or a country dealer like Graham Rye Kawasaki in Colac or Shepparton Kawa. You never know, these country guys may also have a second hand rack or old stock
My bike came from Shepparton Kawasaki; they supplied and fitted the rack which came off of a Stockman they were slowly breaking up for parts as required. They mentioned they had exported parts to the US before for someone "from some online forum" (the Yahoo group).

My local dealer is Brighton Kawasaki in Melbourne, Victoria; I'm happy to recommend them too.

Quote:
I reckon the stronger the better - never know what you may need to load on there one day!
A sheepdog, for example!!
Quote:
Only slight problem with the wider racks - a bit of a pain to swing your leg over and a knock on the knee can occasionally happen. This is usually only a difficulty when trying to mount on uneven or unstable ground. But if you are older or less agile you may want to consider the overall width of the rack you choose.
I'd prefer to describe myself as less young, rather than older, but this has never occurred to me as a problem.
eepeqez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #885
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Looking for a 2000-2003 Sherpa in the AZ (Tucson) area. If anyone knows of one for sale, let me know!
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote