Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #151
larryboy OP
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
How did I miss your excellent solo ride? Great job shooting, navigating, and telling the tale.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip. It's so cool to see others perspective of our great state.
Thanks, dude.

I'll never stop riding and I think I can be happy posting if I avoid the 'Ride reports' page.

I'm not an Oregon native, but having spent over 20 years of my life there I feel like one. There isn't much in Oregon that I've not seen. From gold panning on Silver Creek to hiking the Rogue Wilderness, to fishing the most amazing water in Maupin, to taking in the views at Fremont Ridge, to Crater Lake, to riding the train thru the Columbia Gorge during an ice storm, to fishing the Illinois River back when it was open, frosty mornings at Howard Prairie, fishing on Klamath Lake, spelunking all over the southern end, riding dirt bikes for miles on end....Ahhh...Oregon.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #152
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 819
Great RR, I really like your style here. The trip looked fantastic too.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #153
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,361
Larryboy, I don't understand why you would quit posting in Ride Reports. Who cares if a cuppla people can't appreciate it. Your wrting and photos are artistic, not everyone will get it. Thanks for the great reports and pics.
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #154
larryboy OP
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol
Larryboy, I don't understand why you would quit posting in Ride Reports. Who cares if a cuppla people can't appreciate it. Your wrting and photos are artistic, not everyone will get it. Thanks for the great reports and pics.
Thank you.

It isn't so much about me. I get upset when I see a 3 post n00b take a stab at a ride report and get shot down by some pretentious turd hiding behind a monitor. It just so happens that I've been caught up in some rejects hatred this time. The rating system is too anonymous. Then again my thinking may be warped...I see all motorcyclists the same..I don't talk politics or lifestyle with fellow motorcyclists..to me we're all the same and every single ride report is a 10 in my book.

I'm not going to stop doing reports..I may post here or I may start a website where the only critic is myself.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #155
bourkeco
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
Thumb I Hear you....

I agree I think that anyone that comes up with a rating other than the best... or a better way to do it..... is not getting the point.! I read your whole report and was inspired (I plan to do the whole trail in 08) and your take was invaluable... Thank you! It is kind of funny the whole time I was reading your report I was thinking "I wish he would put the names of the bands that he is quoting"...... and low and behold you did at the end. Thanks Again.
You get It! the reason this site was created (in my opinion) to share the adventure and inspire others to live there dreams.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with me!

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Thank you.

It isn't so much about me. I get upset when I see a 3 post n00b take a stab at a ride report and get shot down by some pretentious turd hiding behind a monitor. It just so happens that I've been caught up in some rejects hatred this time. The rating system is too anonymous. Then again my thinking may be warped...I see all motorcyclists the same..I don't talk politics or lifestyle with fellow motorcyclists..to me we're all the same and every single ride report is a 10 in my book.

I'm not going to stop doing reports..I may post here or I may start a website where the only critic is myself.

I realized after 29 years of riding/racing that as much as I love motorcycles I had only tolerated ridding the bikes that I have owned. , untill I bought my GS now I have a hard time getting off the ramp to go to work.
- Me!
bourkeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:52 AM   #156
Ronnysho
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Great report

Very cool, can't wait for spring. Newby Adv rider but many miles on the road. Great prose and pics.
1969 Honda Trail 90 K1
Ronnysho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #157
larryboy OP
Paint it black.

Thanks Scott and Ronny!!

Merry Christmas!!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #158
meck13
Esq.

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
Rating system? What rating system?

Oh. Obviously I don't pay the slightest attention to that. Probably the the only rating system that really matters is presence on the front page.
Thanks Larryboy for a great report of a great trail. My brother and I have rode most of route 5 and all of route 4. I have a lot of the pictures that you posted from our travels across Oregon. Other pics I went, I know that, we stopped there or I broke the KLR near this place. I do not even look at the rating of a thread. I skim and read a report that appeals to me. Since I am going to Baja next Sept I have read a lot of the threads by Gaspipe and Fist. Thanks for the report, you have inspired me to try and write one when we return next fall.

07 Yamaha Venture
88 KLR 650
97 DR 350se
meck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #159
larryboy OP
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meck13
Thanks for the report, you have inspired me to try and write one when we return next fall.
Thank you.

Please do..I'll be waiting.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #160
Skup
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Thanks for taking me along..

I couldn't quit on your RR. Terrific kinship between your pics and words. I damn sure felt connected to the solo stuff. I really felt tied in with the Oregon High Desert travel routes. I've wandered some, out there.

And too, I say thank you, for bringing to light the poetry of rider and rugged routes. Ya done real good. Bring us some more, please

Skup. On The Loose In New Mexico.
Skup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #161
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Another great RR, and since this isn't JM, I'll keep my coments to myself about some of the asshats that feel the need to rate the report in a negative way, but will say this..........................on what I do when a don't care for a report or it doesn't interest me?.....................I don't read it

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #162
larryboy OP
Paint it black.

Thanks, Skup and Rash...hope to see you on the trail someday.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:37 AM   #163
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,821
Another great report! It takes a huge set to get that far off the beaten path solo.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #164
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,095
Great report Larry !
Ill be riding through Oregon myself this Sept. overnighting in Lakeview, Crecent, Union Creek, Canyonville, then of course Port Orford. After Port Orford I plan to ride the 610 up to Portland via the PCH to connect with transport back to (ew, I cringe at the thought) Joisey.
Hopefully the roads I have plotted are still open then

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #165
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer: 1,545
Ignore the raters!

I have been sick for a while, and started reading your report - and would get tired and go back to bed - then I found myself wanting to read more of your report - so it motivated me to get out of bed again, wanted to find out what was next!

Thanks for the motivation! Great report!

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Flyingavanti is offline   Reply With Quote