User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #1
BeemerBOI OP
Dirt n00b

Oddometer: 58
Question 2013 GSA - Lowered Pegs VS: The Kickstand

So, I'm tall enough that standing up on the GSA was really uncomfortable. Being hunched over for a long time hurt my lower back. So, I added some 2-inch ROX risers, which helped a lot, but I still felt like there was room for some improvement in both the sitting and standing positions.

So after trolling around for inspiration, I got a set of Fastway EVOLUTION 3 pegs. Since I wanted to lower the pegs, they got installed in the lower position right off the bat.

Keep in mind that one of the first farkles on the bike was a Touratech large side stand foot.

Sitting - did the trick. Knees no longer hurt after 8 hours of riding. Standing - Worked mostly OK, right up until I hit the first set of rocks/bumps/ruts. Then the engine cut out.

So with limited diagnostics (I ride by myself most of the time, so it's hard to look down at my feet and stay on the track), at this point it seems that when I stand up my heels are up against the frame, pushing down the kickstand. Hit a bump and it bounces down, hitting the safety cut-out switch.

Don't recall seeing anybody talking about the down-side of lowering pegs. Not sure what other options there are, short of going back to the stock height or cutting the wire to the safety switch.

So, if you are riding a GSA with lowered pegs, have you had this problem, and what did you do to fix it?

Alvord or Bust
BeemerBOI is offline   Reply With Quote