Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #196
GatorJane
Ghost Writer

Oddometer: 89
Run, Vermin - RUN!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
Just went to our motorcycle show today and I think I found Vermin's next bike!
From the above-provided link:

At last ! An automatic motorcycle. (Wow- THAT sure has never been done before!) Gone is that darn clutch, you just have to turn the handle ("handle"?) and off you go, ASBOLUTE* LIBERTY. A unique vehicle for a unique person (in ballet tights?) like you! *(Let's read it together, slowly: "AS...BO...LUTE"!)

All that liberty and also an incredible bunch of features, such as a 250cc water liquid cooled (and here we'd thought water WAS a liquid) engine with CVT transmission, an extra large front and rear hydraulic brake disk system, a crystal headlight, a soft and comfortable seat, suitable for long distance drive, an integrated instrument panel with clock, fuel indicator, water temperature indicator,warning, and night vision(?) display, a built-in playing system(?), plug-and-play for flash memory stick, radio and tapes, with hidden hi-fi speakers on both sides, a barrel type muffler with empennage(?).

Let's just hope you don't start looking like THIS brutally macho dude from RIDING the thing!!!

GatorJane screwed with this post 01-16-2008 at 08:07 AM
GatorJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #197
RyanIsMyName
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Is it just me or does Drifter look like McLovin?

RyanIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #198
vermin OP
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 539
sweet thang cacked up a hairball

Dude, the McLovin reference made sweethang blow hummus out her nose.
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #199
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Very cool Vermin! I did a trip with my daughter last year... The best ride of my life! Here... Have a beer on me

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #200
Ooobah-Moto
Banned

Oddometer: 3,809
The yellow concoction of discolored plastic, missing parts and improvisations made my strict diet of KTMgoodness want to regurgitate. Alas, I started reading the thread for one basic reason, I couldn’t stand looking at the bike! Hence, I act against my intuition, because my intuition is usually wrong – the opposite must be true, right?!

So, I was interested to see how Vermin could possibly write a nine page report based on a trip to the end of his driveway. Surely this smoldering pile of yellow feces couldn’t go farther than that!!! I should have know better – Lornce put it best: no tach, no problem - “it is a Honda twist the handle until the noise quits getting higher there is your redline”. It's true don't you know, Jap engineers test these motors with sake in the gear-case and crude oil from Kazakhstan as fuel!!! Point being, Vermin’s pile of lawn mower handle/barbeque legs luggage rack, Lowes $19 toolbox luggage, Bus turn signals and Pine stick lid prop made it all the way!!!!

Props to you Vermin-ator for your verbatim account of what it means to experience life on a motorcycle and Drift, you’re the man, MAN!!!! "I AM MCLOVIN" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czIi_VsAnTo

Ooobah-Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #201
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,977
Thank you for sharing your trip. It's one of the best I've read, with emphasis on the reading part.

Somehow the photos just..... fit. ;)
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #202
Rockin Rollin
Rockin Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Awfunsome RR

Awfunsome RR
Thanks Vermin
Click on:
-Now: Fly/ride - Panama to Alaska & pts between.
-2009 Colorado & West Fest
-Baja 2009 from Canada
"Take time, because time will eventually take you"! (and you never know just how much yer gonna get )
Let's ride!
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 with ABS for long distance adventure & Dualsport
08 Husaberg FE450 (Street Plated)
Rockin Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #203
PirateT7
Back on Two Wheels

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin
Day-4 August 27
It was in this section that alot of unnatural noises where coming out from Drifters helmet as occasionally the right, left or both sides of the road would vanish and you had a coupla thousand foot drop.
what, there's not a parachute packed in that big orange box somewhere?

it's a great tale told well, thanks for sharing (and keeping me up until 1:15am reading)

PirateT7 screwed with this post 01-23-2008 at 10:17 PM
PirateT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #204
torinokuchi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
An excellent account of a most excellent adventure. I sit here with aching lower back, herniated disc pressing on nerves, needing to get up but can't move...must....keep...reading...

I've been putting off buying the PC800 for years.....I think they are great looking rides, well, in the same way I think a Pontiac Aztec is maybe the coolest looking car on the road. Maybe 2008 is the season I will have one. Wife likes big Burgman style scooters, so there is hope.

pictures where fine.

Especially liked the picture of Dave at Mary Jane's. Brought back memories of my yout hanging around brightmoor looking for parts for my 50's era ratty harley-furgesons.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #205
vermin OP
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 539
sympatico

Herniated discs and mid 50's hardley-davidsons? Let me guess you took off the unfashionable spring seat and bolted a pie plate to the rigid frame rails and called it a day. Ah the good old days.
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #206
draglemmag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Awesome chronicle and adventure...

By this point in the trip all of the tension of our roles has vanished. No homework to be handed in, beds to be made, bills to be paid,
I have seen my son for what he truly is a kind, intelligent, beautiful, tough young man and I love him more than ever. I hope that the transmogrification has allowed him to see the man his momma fell in love with in 1982 not the grumpy old man I have become. I pray that when he is tested by the future he does it with more grace than I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This describes exactly how I feel when camping with my daughter. Such a terrific story.
Screen play for a movie?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #207
torinokuchi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Herniated discs and mid 50's hardley-davidsons? Let me guess you took off the unfashionable spring seat and bolted a pie plate to the rigid frame rails and called it a day. Ah the good old days.
Actually I got most of the parts to convert my 62 pan/shovel from a straightleg rigid frame to something with shocks from Dave. Never had the mighty cop seat on the rigid...just king/queen. Just remember bouncing around atop that thing up the ramp off 96E to Evergreen. So many bomb craters...always expected a UN checkpoint at the light.

Dave never did use the big "WRONG" lightbright thing behind the counter that he made on me, and I did spend a lot of time looking for shafts and gears and stuff in his bus tubs in the back, all the while him saying, "youulll neeever fiiind iiiit."

MJ's was a great place for all its characters and denizens of brightmoor.

anyhoot vermin, great, great story about your escape. Waiting to hear more of drifter's perspective too!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #208
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 817
Thumb

Fantastic writing. The mods to your bike and the neglect just make me queasy but this was a great write-up. Can't wait for more.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #209
verboten1
nein

Oddometer: 174
this gives me hope that there IS something outside of MI!!!
'75 CB550F: Cafe Frankenbike ---'82 XV920: The Cruiser---'01 Ninja 250: Wifey's Bike---'00 KLR685: The adventure bike
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #210
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Vermin

No support trucks, no instrument cluster, no matching paint, no factory supported brand new motorcycles, NO PROBLEM!

Thanks for one of the most enternaining ride reports ever.
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote