ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #6151
PeteH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Pete's place

Hey guys, I came home from the farm in time to watch the Browns stink up the joint. Was out in the woods all day yesterday hunting. The next two weekends have no hunting; conditions for riding are nearly perfect. Friday is my last day at work for two weeks. I know its the holidays but we should get a ride in before the ground freezes. We can go strictly knobbies in the woods or I have about 70 miles of Carroll county gravel we can mix it up with. If anybody is interested drop me a PM. Pete
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #6152
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,294
Sounds fun. F%&*ng Browns.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #6153
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,822
Either works for me Pete. I've got a 4 day weekend coming up,and it's either ride or tear the front end off the Dr. Or finally take the klx somewhere besides the yard. The Dr is almost bald on the rear now though,so if its gravel,I'm good. New metzlers are in the basement though if you plan on any mud.

Just don't hold up anyone or anything on my account though. I don't want to impose.

Danjal screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 05:39 PM
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #6154
Holeshotking
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
Hey guys, I came home from the farm in time to watch the Browns stink up the joint. Was out in the woods all day yesterday hunting. The next two weekends have no hunting; conditions for riding are nearly perfect. Friday is my last day at work for two weeks. I know its the holidays but we should get a ride in before the ground freezes. We can go strictly knobbies in the woods or I have about 70 miles of Carroll county gravel we can mix it up with. If anybody is interested drop me a PM. Pete

Sounds like fun, Thursday is my last day till 2013. Would love to explore some Carrol county dirt/gravel roads!
Holeshotking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #6155
Sp4Mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
I'm looking at time off from the 22nd till the 3rd. I'll need a new rear tire if the plans include anything more then dirt roads. Any suggestions?

I did a nice loop of the covered bridges today. 142 miles round trip from my house. Nothing spectacular as far as the roads go, but it was nice to get out there.
Sp4Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #6156
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,822
FYI Tom, made a bit of progress today while on schedule calls.

The soon to be Danjal cockpit view.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #6157
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,816
Quote:
I know its the holidays but we should get a ride in before the ground freezes. We can go strictly knobbies in the woods or I have about 70 miles of Carroll county gravel we can mix it up with. If anybody is interested drop me a PM. Pete

No weekdays for me but weekends sound good

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #6158
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
No weekdays for me but weekends sound good
Same here.

Rode Mines and Meadows today on my new-to-me KTM,
OhioPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #6159
PeteH
Adventurer

Pete's

OK, sounds like we've got some interest. Next weekend in the woods would be great for me. I just checked the weather, it should be good, but not real warm. I've got 500+ acres that havent seen a dirt bike in 7 or 8 years. I havent had time to get my 640 running yet. If we do a day in the woods guys can do the truck/trailer pure dirt bike thing. If we want to do gravel I can always ride my 350-my route doesn't take us more than us more than 15 miles from home.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #6160
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
OK, sounds like we've got some interest. Next weekend in the woods would be great for me. I just checked the weather, it should be good, but not real warm. I've got 500+ acres that havent seen a dirt bike in 7 or 8 years. I havent had time to get my 640 running yet. If we do a day in the woods guys can do the truck/trailer pure dirt bike thing. If we want to do gravel I can always ride my 350-my route doesn't take us more than us more than 15 miles from home.
How far from Malvern are the woods? I'm street legal, but my backside won't last too long.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #6161
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 874
Quote:
I wouldn't mind joining as well.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #6162
Rich B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Talking

Brown"s????? Isn't that an amateur football club somewhere around Cleveland????

I prefer to follow real football teams...Like Mount Union and their latest national championship
Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #6163
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,890
Quote:
I'm interested but my schedule is chaotic at best. If you post a date and time and it slots into my availability, I will be there. I'm only 15 min away.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #6164
PeteH
Adventurer

Pete's again

Great, sounds like it's on. Actually this weekend Sunday is better for me. I've got a forestry project going on that I would like to work on Saturday. I realize that's one day closer to Christmas so it might be harder for some people. As far as location goes I'm about 6 miles south of Carrollton. What's that, 17 or 18 miles from Malvern? If Saturday is better for most people we can do it then. I'm getting fired up,hope the old bones can take it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #6165
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,635
Woods or gravel for Sunday.