ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #6556
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
There were some really raked out choppers too. Cant imagine riding one very far.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015

ThomasVolomitz screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 02:29 PM
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #6557
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,980
Found this cool bike lift rated at 6000 pounds.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #6558
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,144
Only 6000? My harbor freight engine hoist can pick up more that.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #6559
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Very nice pix Prime Mover. When rides do happen they are usually posted here. Good to have another rider join in on the fun.
And another Vstromer!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #6560
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateithere View Post
This
Bill of sales do'nt always mean much, and if you do get ripped off the hassle of getting unripped off is just not worth it, there are tons of good deals on klrs out there
State 8 has a year old KLR on their floor with only 350 miles on it. Black version, stock. It was traded in and has been there a couple of months. Can't remember the sticker price on it but I found them to be very willing to deal when I bought my bike from them this past summer.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #6561
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
State 8 has a year old KLR on their floor with only 350 miles on it. Black version, stock. It was traded in and has been there a couple of months. Can't remember the sticker price on it but I found them to be very willing to deal when I bought my bike from them this past summer.
I was there the other day, I think it was under 5 grand, nice looking bike
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 AM   #6562
edhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post

The bike has a price of $4988 on it, I put in a cash offer of $5000, somewhat of a lowball. They said the best they could do was $5500? Didn't seem like they wanted to deal to me.
edhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #6563
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhead View Post
The bike has a price of $4988 on it, I put in a cash offer of $5000, somewhat of a lowball. They said the best they could do was $5500? Didn't seem like they wanted to deal to me.
Cash or credit doesn't matter much anymore with the way loans go. Call in and offer 4500 out the door. If they won't bite,try hardings and talk with Steve. He'll tell you straight up on prices and deals. He's flat out told me to buy a couple because he couldn't match the price. That's why I deal with him.

08 with 3800 miles for $4400 green
09 14k $5300 red
New blue/yellow $5300
09 blue versys there for 5300.. don't know if that interests you or not.

The problem I've found with state 8 is lack of customer service in the sales dept. I arranged a price,put down a holding fee then came in on Sat to pick it up and test ride. Did the loan myself. All they had to do was service and get papers done. Went there,nobody knew what was going on...even the second salesman left to finish it up. Aka let me test ride and take me to title/finance. Bike wasn't serviced when I got there,and after I rode it,said I'll take it,sat in title and finance dept for an hour...still wasn't serviced. I walked by the service dept told them what was going on and they took care of it finally. After all that,it got put in the back and the manager asked what we were waiting for, then he went and got it out of the back for me as service went home already. That's been my experience with state 8.

My father looked at a b-king there and got a bit of the cold shoulder too. Even after he said he was ready to buy. He got a smoking deal out in pa though. 1k less and carbon fiber dash with a 2bros already installed. And something like 2k miles on it.

Dustin (coolbluedab) had a similar issue tryin to buy,but had good dealings with service there IIRC.

Danjal screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 05:02 AM
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #6564
edhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Cash or credit doesn't matter much anymore with the way loans go. Call in and offer 4500 out the door.
I did offer them $5000 out the door, that's when they said the best they could do was $5500 which was ludicrous.

$4988
+ 336.69 sales tax (6.75% Portage County)
+ 33.50 title and 30 day tag
+ 159 inspection fee which they said they do on any used bike

I have no idea how their best counter offer was $5500. I didn't ask if there were any other costs as I didn't think they were worth dealing with at that point. I expected them to come back at 5300 or there abouts and then we could meet in the middle.

I mention the cash part, as during the conversation it was brought up that credit cards cost them 3%, so to me that is $150 they would save if I paid cash. I have the money sitting in the bank, just not in a hurry to part with it.

I may revisit this in a few weeks when I get back from vacation, but overall my impression of State 8 is not favorable.
edhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #6565
rellim_63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
I had a bad experience at state 8 also. Took me an hour to talk to a salesperson. And when i did they were not willing to deal either. I find it hard to believe that they cant budge on prices.
And like the other person said, Ive never bought any bikes from hardings but they always seem to be friendly when there.
rellim_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #6566
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
I bought a brand new 2006 KLR from State 8 in 2005 for $5000 OTD and had a good experience at the time. Fast forward to 2008 and I had a horrible experience trying to buy a DRZ there. I wanted to get a black DRZ400s and they put zero effort into locating one. I proceeded to call Harding's and had a great experience with them that ended with me purchasing a bike from there. I highly recommend them.

I have personally had good luck with All Season's in Wooster but have heard some horror stories from others.

There are plenty of good KLR's out there. Hang tight and the right one will come along! Here is an '11 with 2200 miles on Craigslist in Elyria right now for $4700. Has a few mods too.
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3519007477.html

Jon screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 11:48 AM
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #6567
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,710
Any of you NEOhio KLR owners have a rekluse on yours? I'm on the fence for selling the KLR, and getting something lighter/better in the woods, or putting the rekluse on the KLR, and keeping it. I'd like to at least try one out before buying one. I've been watching the flea market, and I have yet to see one show up. Either no one is buying them, or everyone is keeping them. I think the former is closer to the truth.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #6568
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
Any of you NEOhio KLR owners have a rekluse on yours? I'm on the fence for selling the KLR, and getting something lighter/better in the woods, or putting the rekluse on the KLR, and keeping it. I'd like to at least try one out before buying one. I've been watching the flea market, and I have yet to see one show up. Either no one is buying them, or everyone is keeping them. I think the former is closer to the truth.
http://www.klrworld.com/index.php?op...116&Itemid=156

(if you haven't already read it)
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #6569
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Read that, and too much else. I guess I like the idea, but I'm not at $630 of like.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #6570
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
Most dealers sell the bike then boot you down the road. At least they work with you until the deal is done. Had a good experience with them and they were willing to deal.
Apex in New Philly were very helpful.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote