ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #6616
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 867
Is this still the current tag ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Next up, second photo is your clue.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #6617
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Where you at Gorman?
in the gulf, PM sent on above subject

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #6618
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 233
It is, was....

McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #6619
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Bruced, went for an aimless ride, then swung up through Sugarcreek.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #6620
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,283
Biloxi

W/ the Gman

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #6621
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 233
Next

McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #6622
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

I'm jealous, wish I were there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Biloxi

W/ the Gman
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #6623
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

NE Ohio Classic

Still Riff Raff
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #6624
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post

ODNR really is coming around to the idea of adding single track. When we broke it down for them with a few points they finally got it:
  • single track trail is cheaper to build and maintain
  • Well laid out single track is much lower impact
  • by offering single track you reduce both demand and user conflict on the wider trails
The other factor is that we asked Dameyon (previous recreational services director) for an accounting of money in the SRV fund for over 2 years, with user type and geographic break downs. He made excuses for 2 years. When Mary took over I made the same request, and she was able to produce them in just a few days. So we now know that as of the last accounting back in late August there was $1.6 million in the SRV fund. At the rate of accumulation we are probably close to $2 million now. So money is NOT an obstacle to putting more trail on the ground. It's all about finding viable projects to use it on. We also know that a sizable percentage of all the money in the fund is coming from NE Ohio riders, and we even have a breakdown by user type, with ATVs contributing about 60%, snowmobile about 25%, and dirt bikes around 15%. Keep in mind there is no mechanism for a plated bike to contribute to the fund at all, so we are not capturing dual sports. Even though dirt bikes are the smallest contributor, we can make a case for using funds less than their total contribution to the fund for single track. You can install a LOT of single track with $10,000 and volunteer labor! Right now it's all about finding viable property. SO anyone with leads on big chunks of land for sale, please contact me! We need several hundred acres, but it can be in multiple parcels, as along as they are close to each other.
Matt, thank you so much for your dedication to helping get us some new trails. I can tell you that if you keep pushing, they will respond. The local MTB club has made some great progress in the past year getting new trails approved, and volunteers are out cutting new trail as we speak. They love seeing this passion and involvement from the community. I'm so glad they got rid of that Shipley asshat. I sent him e-mails and he never responded. Perfect example of wasting our tax dollars.

I don't know if ODNR even needs to lease more property. There is a big chunk down this way that isn't being used for anything (the Beaver Creek State Forest). Some of it is designated wildlife area though, but I think most of it is not. This area is absolutely beautiful, and offers some of the best views in Ohio. I outlined this property in red. I think the land owners adjacent to ODNR property might be willing to lease if need be. Best of all, there is someone local who would love to cut in some single track here (ME!!):
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #6625
argon76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Biloxi

W/ the Gman
What's the seat on the KLR? Height?

Peg replacements?

Thanks!

Nice looking bike!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #6626
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
Matt, thank you so much for your dedication to helping get us some new trails. I can tell you that if you keep pushing, they will respond. The local MTB club has made some great progress in the past year getting new trails approved, and volunteers are out cutting new trail as we speak. They love seeing this passion and involvement from the community. I'm so glad they got rid of that Shipley asshat. I sent him e-mails and he never responded. Perfect example of wasting our tax dollars.

I don't know if ODNR even needs to lease more property. There is a big chunk down this way that isn't being used for anything (the Beaver Creek State Forest). Some of it is designated wildlife area though, but I think most of it is not. This area is absolutely beautiful, and offers some of the best views in Ohio. I outlined this property in red. I think the land owners adjacent to ODNR property might be willing to lease if need be. Best of all, there is someone local who would love to cut in some single track here (ME!!):
Due to regulations included in the funding "wildlife" property cannot have motorizec trails.

There are advantages to procuring property, if we spend "motorized" dollars to procure land, it is protected FOR motorized use much the same way wildlfe land is protected against it.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #6627
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by argon76 View Post
What's the seat on the KLR? Height?

Peg replacements?

Thanks!

Nice looking bike!
Thanks. Sargent seat maybe an inch lower than stock. Best seat ever.
Pegs are some big steel ones, can't remember.

Still Riff Raff
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #6628
qman8
GS09

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTacticool View Post

I work about a city block from this place. Send SASE and $50 for more information!
qman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #6629
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,795
Decent winery. The Concorde grape wine is different,but good.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #6630
dazz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Florida Adventure

For those who are down for bike week:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861583
This Rally is an overland challenge in which you will have to follow a route sheet (route holders are highly recommended).

The Trans- Florida Rally -Route Starts in the Flager/Ormond Beach Area of A1A on the Atlantic Ocean and travels to Cedar Key, on the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday March 9th. There will be a Party and Dinner in Cedar Key Saturday evening. Everyone will need to make arrangements to stay in the Camp Ground in Cedar Key or one of the local motels. There are many motels for under $90 a night if camping is not your thing. Split a room with a buddy and this will be a great time. There are also 2 RV parks should you have a ground crew for your Rally Team.

March 10th, Sunday will be the return trip, a different route and new objectives. Sunday, early evening will be the closing party/ceremony at a Beach Front Restaurant.

The route will be traveling over paved and unpaved roads. This intended to be big bike friendly, (however, not for those who have never been offroad). This is NOT a beginners ride.

The Route Sheet will include objectives that must be met each day. These objectives will be simply to locate the road side feature and take a picture. Or get a receipt when filling up with fuel at one of the gas stops. It may also be a receipt for ice cream in a certain small town. The instructions will be provided in the route sheets. The days are long 200+ miles, however they will wind through old historic areas of Florida, seldom seen by tourists. Gators, bears and such are a possible feature.

If your Rally Team has logistical (wife/husband) members who prefer a more laid back day, they can enjoy the town of Cedar Key while awaiting your arrival, with your hot tub and sleeping quarters .

This Event is a Rally Type Event in the Following

Bike Size Catagories

Class A 800+

Class B 550-750

Class C 250-549

Class D Classic (Older than 1995)

The Rally Riders Meeting will be at 8:00am

Rally Fees - There is no fee. You will however need to make your own camping/motel arrangements. There is only one camp ground in Cedar Key so most will likely be there. You will also be responsible for your own meals. We will be making party arrangements at a restaurant at both ends. How and where you want to eat is up to you. This is intended to be a low cost way to enjoy Florida and Bike week while visiting our State.

This Rally is put on by a very small group of ADV volunteers in North Florida loosely referred to as CADS. We have a thread in the Sandbox for some background on us. This event is intended simply for the enjoyment of old and new friends with motorcycle interests.

In the weeks leading up to the Rally we will be posting up more details.

If you plan on joining the fun please post up that you are IN, so we can make enough route sheets and give establishments some heads up in the objectives areas .

So get ready to start your engines......

kaosrider screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 10:54 PM
N.E. Ohio, USA
'Falling off motorcycles since 1963'
dazz is offline   Reply With Quote