ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #6841
Mikey Ray
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
For sale on Akron Canton Craigslist. You too can rock on.
Thats literaly got my name on it
Mikey Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #6842
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 254
Maybe he thought he was getting this jem when he originally got it

McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #6843
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTacticool View Post
Maybe he thought he was getting this jem when he originally got it
What's up Costanza?
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #6844
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message at the beep. I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home. BEEP
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #6845
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,733
Quote:
Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message at the beep. I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home. BEEP

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #6846
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,018
Tag

steveb126 screwed with this post 05-18-2014 at 12:16 PM
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #6847
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

My original plan for this shot was parking my bike beside the hotel, and taking the picture from atop the levee, looking down into the village.
I walked all the way up to, and across the levee, got a good view... and my stinking iPhone was dead...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #6848
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Next Tag

steveb126 screwed with this post 05-18-2014 at 12:17 PM
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #6849
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Quote:
My original plan for this shot was parking my bike beside the hotel, and taking the picture from atop the levee, looking down into the village.
I walked all the way up to, and across the levee, got a good view... and my stinking iPhone was dead...

That would have been a great shot. I rode across and glanced back, nice view. Rode a few roads I'd never been on before, then just moseying around in a general direction back home. After returning home I hooked up my new to me Gerbings liner I bought from an inmate here. Had to get the Wee out for test ride of the heated gear. Heated gear is good, in a warm, fuzzy, soft, wussy kind of ADV way.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #6850
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidRavioli View Post
So I drove out to CompACC today to buy a new helmet. I ended up with the Scorpion 900 modular, I tried several on and for the money I like it.

I nearly started paperwork on the VSTROM 650 ABS Adventure. 0% financing for up to 5 years! I sat on that bike on and off for 3 hours but drove back home with just my helmet. Talked to my wife when I got back and she didn't totally say no, finance offer lasts through March.

Any thoughts on this bike? I sat on the 1000 and honestly I liked the 650 better, more comfortable. The adventure model has the engine guard and black metal paniers. Sharp in all black.
I have the same bike purchased on the same deal. No catch to the 0% financing to the guy who asked about that. You can even set it up for auto payment. The real question is would I do the adventure again?? Or just buy the base model. I have NO regrets about the bike and love it. I put 7k miles on it last year after purchasing it the last week of May. I put about 800 miles on a 1000 previously and can say I'm happy with the purchase I made. The Adventure model isn't that bad of a deal but they aren't exactly giving the extras away either. The 0% was what did it for me and at the time it was hard to explain to my wife why I needed to buy a new bike and then spend $1500 in accessories on it so I bought the package. Plus it was the only way to get black which is what I want. What I found is that I replaced the wind shield and the crash bars so there went any cost savings. The crash bars vibrated and you will find if you look that it's a known issues. Some guys live with it but I wasn't willing to and bought new ones from Altrider. The wind screen didn't cut it for me. The other "accessory" is the aluminum top rack plate. It's only a benefit if you are determined to have the matching Suzuki top case. See if you can work it into the deal because it'll cost you over $500 from the dealer. Just think about what you are looking for. I believe that with Suzuki's 0% deal you can finance other non Suzuki accessories if you purchase them at the same time as the motorcycle so ask about that and figure out what you are looking for exactly before pulling the trigger. If you have any questions about the bike, feel free to ask. I love mine and have spent way more than the previously mentioned $1500 on accessories at this point.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #6851
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I don't think there are any hidden fees. You can contact rbssride365 to check since I know this is how he financed his Strom.
NO HIDDEN FEES. Divide whatever you want to spend by 60 and that's your payment amount. I believe that they will even let you finance accessories with your purchase.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #6852
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
I saw some pretty nimble riding last time I was doing back roads,mud, and gravel with rallycarjon on his f800 and rbrides356 on his strom.
Awe, thanks! (I know, you were talking about Jon...)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #6853
OH_Wahoo
It's always time to

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
NO HIDDEN FEES. Divide whatever you want to spend by 60 and that's your payment amount. I believe that they will even let you finance accessories with your purchase.
That's what I did last March with my Vee. They financed everything with 0 down payment. Even the accessories were included.
OH_Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #6854
SquidRavioli
Beer Snob

Oddometer: 181
Nice! I have recently put the nix on going with a new Strom. The 0% was what was pushing me to it rather than the Strom being my first choice for a new bike. Replacing my F650 with a new BMW either the Seratao or jumping up to the F800 is really my first choice but I digress. I will be riding my little F650 Classic for a little while longer
SquidRavioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #6855
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

[QUOTE=mgorman;20788491]

Could always see if these are still available

http://www.cycoactive.com/Store/2399...-for-BMW-G450X

I checked this out and thought, boy that looks a LOT like the Touratech website. Turns out they are related!