ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #7171
Trapshooter
Monkeying Around

Oddometer: 518
Yep that was it, I picked it today, Desticker it, removed the rear pegs, took off them God awefull reflectors, and put a rear top bag on her. Pissed around for an hour setting the clock and other BS. Got to read every word of the instructions or it don't work. Tried 4 or 5 times to get the dam clock set and nothing worked, started to think just my luck got one with a bum computer, well no you have to have it in neutral, not 1 st gear. Lesson learned, B-King don't care what freaking gear it's in you can change anything.

Also for anyone's info, Triumph had a bad batch of turn signals and are being recalled, Triump just released the news late yesterday, bad rubber that gets brittle and breaks very easy, mine was one of them, so instead of waiting for how ever long it would of took to get new ones acrossed the pond the guys at Hardings took a set off a new Speed Triple that was on the floor and put on the Tiger for me. Said they could not let it leave with the defective ones. Thought that was a good sign about thier customer service, just took awhile, about an hour.

Got about 20 miles on her, that includes the test ride. Had to go to the daughters for dinner tonight and just got home, but tomorrow lookout I'm riding. So far I'm impressed, but the wind screen has got to go, and I need a skid plate and some other farkles.

Dave
Trapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #7172
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,605
Have welder,need aluminum for a skid plate.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #7173
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post

And Canton is bright and shiny!?

I can see where you're coming from though, not that we have gambling in CleveOh it is even one step further into the abyss.
I wasn't referring look of the town but to the team that seems to always have a rough time trying to win anything other than the coin toss

Besides, food, friends and atmosphere is way more important than beer. Drink beer at home when you aren't riding or driving.

I have to work a bicycle race Saturday but plan to do a late lunch early dinner ride Sunday afternoon from Massillon to the Warehouse (Steak and Stein) in Coshocton via dirt roads if anyone is interested. Maybe I'll get my new bike set up by then

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #7174
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
If you want beer chip,try the winking lizard,69 taps,or the like for the next one.
Good beer, good music, nice scenery & fine friends .... if I found a place with all four I would pro'ly never leave except to go riding or sailing.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #7175
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Thomas,

207 am here, been out with the wild children.

I'm riding tomorrow, but not getting up until I wake up and need to get in an hour run, then I'm cleared for take off. You've got my number or hit me on the FB.

DD
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #7176
argon76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
Me to!! Were abouts? I'm on Anderson Road.
Thornbury Rd. Could always use someone to ride with!

By the way, for anyone interested, myself and muddy rabbit (among others) have recently started a motorcycle/ATV/jeep club called Geauga Trail Riders. Basically the goal is to get people in the area together to go on rides as a group, meet people and advocate for off-highway motoring. Very informal and we have only had a couple meetings but already have rides planned this spring and summer. Next meeting is at the Middle field Tavern next Saturday at noon.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #7177
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Maybe I'll get my new bike set up by then
Ahh, details please
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #7178
gunrunner73
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Ural ride to Gettysburg May 2013

I'm thinking I might take a ride to the Gettysburg battlefield next month, the 150th anneversary of the battle is in July and I figure the nearer it gets the bigger the cage crowds will be. It'll be the longest ride I've yet taken on my 2004 Ural Tourist model and I'm hoping to do most of it on 45mph back roads, at 55mph the Ural is pretty wound out, I try to keep off high speed roads as much as I can but sometimes I have to run at 55 for 10-20 miles. I won a 2012 Harley Switchback on a $5 raffle ticket last June and thought I'd be able to put 10,000 miles on for my first year but I found out I have a balance disorder that makes riding two wheel machines very hard, riding the new bike home I ran into a ditch a mile from home and I feel like I'm going over every time I stop. I sold my 1963 FLH in 1995 and rode a 1969 cop servi-car trike till 2006 when I bought the Ural so I never noticed how bad my balance had got, I'd catch myself on a wall and was a little stumbley but I didn't notice it on the trike or hack rig. If money wasn't so tight I'd just put a hack on the Switchback. I've noticed some of the riders at this site have done long distance on Urals so I figure I'll give it a try next month, I'm kind of hoping to plot a back road route most of the way and hope someone here can give me some roads I might take. I'm a 61 year old gimpy Vietnam War vet, this has been a site where I enjoy reading about guys older than me putting on mega miles every year, I only put 650 miles on the new Harley and just under 5,000 on the Ural last year, I used to put 7,500 to 15,000 on my 63 FLH, best year I ever had was 18,000 on a 650 Yamaha. I think this is my first post at this site, I am hoping it gets to the Northeast Ohio section of the AV Rider website, I'm in LeRoy a couple miles from the I-90 205 exit and am in the AmVets riders from Post 40 in Mentor but my AmVets Life Membership is with the Perry Post 1971. I grew up in Columbus and came to LeRoy to my Grandfather's farm in 1979 after my Grandmother died so he wouldn't be alone and have been here since. My wife died in 2005 and I've been alone since. I'm thinking of heading to the battlefield the weekend after the Louie Run, any back road recomendations will be appreciated. Take it easy but take it.
Tom Berta
LeRoy, Ohio
2004 Ural Tourist, 1969 Harley GE cop trike, 2012 Harley Switchback FLD-103, Polaris 6x6 ATV year unknown
gunrunner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #7179
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Hi Tom.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #7180
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,760
Welcome Tom!

(hey someone should ask Argon76 how his morning ride was, giggle, giggle)
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #7181
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
Welcome Tom. Vivid rocks the clam chowder in Wheeling.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #7182
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
Ahh, details please

It's only a 125, nobody here would be interested

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #7183
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

I am interested, although I know part of the story. How was the bike race today?

Still Riff Raff
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #7184
Trapshooter
Monkeying Around

Oddometer: 518
Anybody got a M/C Super Store coupon code they don't need? Going to order a cover for the Tiger.

Thanks,

Dave
Trapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #7185
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Really hope you enjoy the Tiger.

Still Riff Raff