ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #7546
BigArn
Beastly Adventurer
 
BigArn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Lyndhurst,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,311
Road out of Madison on the lake
It's amazing seeing all the bikes
I think I was the only Bonny in the bunch at Madison
BigArn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #7547
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluedab View Post
I'd go, however It does not look like a place a street bike or cruiser could go very easy.
I thought that was asphault right up to that corner... I could be wrong though
Tagger should have warned if it was gravel.
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #7548
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
Road out of Madison on the lake
It's annoying hearing all the bikes
I think I was the only Bonny in the bunch at Madison
Fixed...
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #7549
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,663
Oh please I've seen you use the TDM for a jet ski.
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #7550
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Oh please I've seen you use the TDM for a jet ski.
True `nuff, but it is in the rules...

Quote:
Tag must be accessible from a publicly recognized road. Dirt & gravel is okay as long as you warn ahead of time. Obviously the point is not to get someone into a sticky situation.
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #7551
Sp4Mike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Sp4Mike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 217
Sorry, I forgot I was on the chrome polishers forum, and not on Adventure Rider!

Yeah, there is/was hard packed gravel for a mile or so. Bring a chamois and a tampon.
Sp4Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #7552
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR
 
MAN OF BLUES's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: BatCountry ...near the Ville-of-Paine
Oddometer: 3,070
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigArn View Post
Road out of Madison on the lake
It's amazing seeing all the bikes
I think I was the only Bonny in the bunch at Madison
AHHHH
The Wagon Wheel?
we used to do $0.05 hotdogs there many (30) years ago...


you live out there?
I'm over by St. Gabes, Concord/Mentor line..

there was a steady stream of pirates by the house on 84 allllllllll day.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #7553
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 4,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp4Mike View Post
Sorry, I forgot I was on the chrome polishers forum, and not on Adventure Rider!

Yeah, there is/was hard packed gravel for a mile or so. Bring a chamois and a tampon.

No biggie, the other Ohio tag thread is the one that doesn't allow gravel at all. Tom posted a picture of his bike in a gravel lot and someone get their panties in a bunch. You have to remember, for some, an adventure is leaving the neighborhood or going farther than the local tavern.

We started a GPS tag thread but I suppose being it was started in the winter, it failed, or just plain lack of interest. That one had only one rule, no trespassing allowed.



.
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #7554
BigArn
Beastly Adventurer
 
BigArn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Lyndhurst,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
AHHHH
The Wagon Wheel?
we used to do $0.05 hotdogs there many (30) years ago...


you live out there?
I'm over by St. Gabes, Concord/Mentor line..

there was a steady stream of pirates by the house on 84 allllllllll day.
Lyndhurst. I just like going out of Madison.
BigArn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #7555
BigArn
Beastly Adventurer
 
BigArn's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Lyndhurst,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
No biggie, the other Ohio tag thread is the one that doesn't allow gravel at all. Tom posted a picture of his bike in a gravel lot and someone get their panties in a bunch. You have to remember, for some, an adventure is leaving the neighborhood or going farther than the local tavern.

We started a GPS tag thread but I suppose being it was started in the winter, it failed, or just plain lack of interest. That one had only one rule, no trespassing allowed.



.
I don't mind a little gravel. But you have to admit, it's easier on a dual purpose bike versus a street bike on gravel/dirt roads.
BigArn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #7556
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
.

We started a GPS tag thread but I suppose being it was started in the winter, it failed, or just plain lack of interest. That one had only one rule, no trespassing allowed.



.
you talking about the one i started a few years ago? i got talked into letting them move it into the then new 'adv caching' forum, and was told it had to become a stationary cache, and it died. ours was supposed to be a cross between geo-caching and photo tag. i should start it again.
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #7557
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,663
Alright, I need help from you nutcases. I need to find a weird ass top hat type hat. Like Madd Hatter on too many shrooms kinda thing. Any ideas?
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #7558
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
you talking about the one i started a few years ago? i got talked into letting them move it into the then new 'adv caching' forum, and was told it had to become a stationary cache, and it died. ours was supposed to be a cross between geo-caching and photo tag. i should start it again.
Sounds like it would be fun. What were the rules on it?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #7559
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
I thought that was asphault right up to that corner... I could be wrong though
Tagger should have warned if it was gravel.
If it's where I was thinking,it was supposed to be asphalt until it went left to the tag 20 feet off the road or so.
Around here it would be a good 4.5-5hour trip to get that tag.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #7560
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Alright, I need help from you nutcases. I need to find a weird ass top hat type hat. Like Madd Hatter on too many shrooms kinda thing. Any ideas?
Did you try The Weird Ass Top Hat Type Hat Store, on Bender by Lakehurst?

They have a lot of weird ass top hat type hats, although they've been having problems in their supply chain as of late. You might want to call first.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014