ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #8476
dyrtybyrd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Next up: the street where this post office is located, is the plural of a word that can mean 1)a mountain pass, or 2)an antiquated term for a path, or way.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #8477
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 363
Trip update...

Update. Think twice about staying at the Ox Yoke Inn in Galeton PA. If you need to save money that badly get a campsite. We survived but I can't really recommend it. It was really cheap so I don't know what I expected. We probably got what we paid for. 350+ miles into out trip. Shacked up in a much nicer hotel in Wellsboro PA tonight. Pool, AC, clean carpet, free breakfast. We are actually excited to be going to sleep tonight. Long day planned tomorrow. 315 miles plugged into the GPS for the ride home. Hope everyone had a great 4th! We're having fun! Later!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #8478
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
Shacked up in a much nicer hotel in Wellsboro PA tonight.!
Enjoy the Grand Canyon of the East. We are just up the road from you in Horseheads, NY.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #8479
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
If you are down in SW PA you should also avoid the Dungess Motel in Meyersdale PA and The Old Falls Inn in Ohiopyle.

In both cases you would be better off sleeping in a dumpster, at least the trash would be fairly new, and the vermin well fed.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #8480
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,404
If you guys get around to it, there's plenty of fun roads south of 80 and North of 76 in the Pittsburgh area on the way back. Winding,hilly,mountain type roads.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #8481
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrtybyrd View Post
Next up: the street where this post office is located, is the plural of a word that can mean 1)a mountain pass, or 2)an antiquated term for a path, or way.
]
well, that wasn't exactly an easy one... :whew

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #8482
everready
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Can I ride your DL650?

Hey,

Yea, I know it's a long shot but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I just got off of the phone with State 8. I was hoping to test ride a 650 but they require me to sign a contract, contingent upon purchasing. What a bunch of crap.
So, I was hoping someone local would be nice enough to let me putt around on theirs for while.
I'm 51 and have been riding since I was 16. I've owned 5 street bikes and 4 dirt bikes. I tend to keep my bikes for quite a while.

Al

I'm in Macedonia right off of 271.

everready screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 10:41 AM
everready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #8483
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
Update. Think twice about staying at the Ox Yoke Inn in Galeton PA. If you need to save money that badly get a campsite. We survived but I can't really recommend it. It was really cheap so I don't know what I expected. We probably got what we paid for. 350+ miles into out trip. Shacked up in a much nicer hotel in Wellsboro PA tonight. Pool, AC, clean carpet, free breakfast. We are actually excited to be going to sleep tonight. Long day planned tomorrow. 315 miles plugged into the GPS for the ride home. Hope everyone had a great 4th! We're having fun! Later!

Sorry to steer you wrong, I thought it was okay. In fact the bunch of us returned we liked it so much.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #8484
dyrtybyrd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
well, that wasn't exactly an easy one... :whew
Nice job, Chip!

I think most of us here enjoy a bit of a challenge, however the challenge in giving clues, for me at least, is to strike a balance between being too obvious and too difficult. Hopefully, in this case, I succeeded.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #8485
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Tag

Gates Rd. Never did figure out why it says Dannemiller on the front.

SlipChip screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 07:49 PM
Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #8486
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

New Tag

A cellar rat told me they were growing some hops here...

Either view will do or the gate out front.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #8487
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by everready View Post
Hey,

Yea, I know it's a long shot but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I just got off of the phone with State 8. I was hoping to test ride a 650 but they require me to sign a contract, contingent upon purchasing. What a bunch of crap.
So, I was hoping someone local would be nice enough to let me putt around on theirs for while.
I'm 51 and have been riding since I was 16. I've owned 5 street bikes and 4 dirt bikes. I tend to keep my bikes for quite a while.

Al

I'm in Macedonia right off of 271.
We have a 2007 and a 2013, you can ride either / or.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #8488
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,977
If any of you have de-smogged a bike and have the oil-air separator you'd like to donate to a project, send me a PM.

Needs a 3/8 to 1/2 inch inlet and out let with a drain tube of any size, preferably not much bigger than 4x5x2

I saw one on a KLR650 that looked like it might work

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #8489
coolbluedab
The Frosted Ferret

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
If any of you have de-smogged a bike and have the oil-air separator you'd like to donate to a project, send me a PM.

Needs a 3/8 to 1/2 inch inlet and out let with a drain tube of any size, preferably not much bigger than 4x5x2

I saw one on a KLR650 that looked like it might work
Seriously doubt it... but... I just de-smogged my Valkyrie... Wondered what to do with all the tubes n stuff. But it is a 1500 6 cylinder ... but it was carbed

Might be able to give it all to you. Or just the canister I believe you are referring to, assuming it will work.
coolbluedab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #8490
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 363
Ox Yoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Sorry to steer you wrong, I thought it was okay. In fact the bunch of us returned we liked it so much.
No problem at all. Looks like you guys had a good time! The room was very musty and the carpet was NOT clean so I wore my flip flops ALL the time (accept to bed, even though I joked about it with my wife). There were little spiders in all the corners. The bed linens seemed clean though and once the air conditioner ran for a little while the most of the musty smell went away. We survived it but chose to find somewhere else to stay the next night. You know the place is old when their own signs are falling apart and it still says "color tv" out front. How long's it been since you could even buy a B&W??