ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #76
blimpman
Fla Trail Rider

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip
Nice house! My wife says we could move there. Keep dreamin' honey.

Well, since ImEazy can't find his camera and hasn't posted a new pic, how about another hint on this one Blimpman?
Okay, back to work now. Man it's hot out there. Are you sure this is Oktober?
It is on a farm and within 5 miles of my house in Cuyahoga Falls....
http://www.floridatrailriders.org
blimpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #77
EZ OUT
Sneaky Slow

Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Hey EZ, I only started this because of Bum's prodding but it would be cool to get some gatherings together like the guys down in the Clumps area do. We need to stick together here in motorcycle hell. I haven't been posting much because of a busy schedule and a broken camera but intend to post up a couple of mini ride reports when I get a chance. I have been riding the wheels off my bike this year and am totally geeked out on Adventure Riding. I am sure there are others in the area and on the forum that feel the same, we just need to get them to gather here and check in once in a while. So if you notice someone out and about or elsewhere on this site give them the heads up. I am going to head over to the Beer Engine in Lakewood 2night to catch the end of the Petit Le Mans, this would be a good get together spot or some likely coffee house or pizza parlor.

Now how about it, anyone up for a ride tomorrow?
I'm all for a get together and maybe an end of the season fall group ride. Tomorrow will be tough though cuz my daughter has a double header soccer match tomorrow. Although I could meet up somewhere in the long shadow hours.

01 Triumph Sprint ST
1982 Suzuki GS 850L
1977 Kawasaki KZ 400
1973 Honda CB 450
1975 Honda MT 125
1969 Honda 50 minitrail
EZ OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #78
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ OUT
I'm all for a get together and maybe an end of the season fall group ride. Tomorrow will be tough though cuz my daughter has a double header soccer match tomorrow. Although I could meet up somewhere in the long shadow hours.
mebbe hit the CVNP?
PM sent

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #79
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,225
Sunday

So, among the seemingly endless procession of obscenely loud Hardley Davidsons riding by my house today I notice a familiar looking Silver R12GSA.
Could it be the Bum? I wave, I shout, I give the salute as he motors away to the east. Damn all you FFs for riding while I am doing yardwork.

Hell with it, I am going riding!

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #80
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer: 138
Wicked

Quote:
So, among the seemingly endless procession of obscenely loud Hardley Davidsons riding by my house today I notice a familiar looking Silver R12GSA.
Could it be the Bum? I wave, I shout, I give the salute as he motors away to the east. Damn all you FFs for riding while I am doing yardwork.

Hell with it, I am going riding!
Chip, It wasn't me - Must be another FF out there having a good time. I had driving duty all afternoon and am just sitting down now to watch the tribe.

But I did manage to get out for a short 2 hour blast this morning before the kids got up - 7 am headed south through the park with the intention of picking up the tag at the gas station. Wouldn't you know it. Just past the stables the park roads were closed. Some ff's running a marathon! So no tags this morning.

I figured all the rangers were going to be busy so I took advantage of the situation and jumped on a little trail I know you shouldn't do it in the park - but sometimes you have to bend the rules. It was NICE.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #81
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ OUT
+1 on a get together/fall ride,seems like everywhere today in NEO was My first motorcycle training day Tons of Harleys no ADV types at all.There was a small(5-10) group of people riding a wide mix of different bikes in the valley at the beginning of the season but I have'nt seen them much lately(RD's, cb350's etc...)anybody here?
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #82
rxwar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Nathan Hale's house-Hale Farm and Village
Attached Images

rxwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #83
rxwar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
no good roads to get here unless you like urban traffic-sorry for the small pics, can't seem to resize them correctly
Attached Images

rxwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 AM   #84
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Central Ohio Fall Frolic Big Bike DS 10/21/07

Any other NEO Flatlanders thinking about heading down for this? We would have to get a real early start to make it. I need a good strong riding companion to help me pick up the GS - I just have the street tires! But willing to give it a try.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #85
blimpman
Fla Trail Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxwar
Nathan Hale's house-Hale Farm and Village
Good job!

But it was Jonathan Hale...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #86
blimpman
Fla Trail Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumknee

Any other NEO Flatlanders thinking about heading down for this? We would have to get a real early start to make it. I need a good strong riding companion to help me pick up the GS - I just have the street tires! But willing to give it a try.
I have reservations with the wife for a B&B just north of Logan, Ohio on the 20-21st. We have our own XT225 Fall color tour planned. So if the ride is that weekend I'll just have to to you all.

If it is on the 28-29, I'm in...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #87
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumknee

I may head down. I am no Hercules but have aided in GS off road recovery before and I am too lazy to swap out my tires so I'll be sliding a bit too.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #88
Clayton Bigsby
Ready

Oddometer: 647
Hey guys. New to this thread, but I thought I'd chime in because I'm thinking of heading down for the DS ride on the 21st. I don't have TKC's on my bike, but I might give it a shot anyways. I can always turn back.

Here's me...
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #89
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Quote Bumknee - Any other NEO Flatlanders thinking about heading down for this? We would have to get a real early start to make it. I need a good strong riding companion to help me pick up the GS - I just have the street tires! But willing to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycarJon
I may head down. I am no Hercules but have aided in GS off road recovery before and I am too lazy to swap out my tires so I'll be sliding a bit too.
Welcome to the thread Clayton

OK - that would make three of us willing to say WTF and do it on big bikes with street tires.

Anyone else? Chip ??? , drop that rake and sign on.......you need a one day adventure!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #90
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby
Hey guys. New to this thread, but I thought I'd chime in because I'm thinking of heading down for the DS ride on the 21st. I don't have TKC's on my bike, but I might give it a shot anyways. I can always turn back.

Here's me...
Ah yes.... Reminds me of the first day I ever took a bike off-road.

-Shawn
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote