ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #9541
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,605
Too many weeks of not much riding while Mala's knee is healing has me going stir crazy. Missed a couple of rides to take care of her. Now I'm looking at the map and thinking about loading bikes in the trailer over the winter and going south...
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #9542
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,944
Keep me posted where, I'm leaving the last week of Feb. Heading south then West, pending weather, just sw. Hoping to get in the Jimmy Lewis Dakar school

Tommy?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #9543
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Chatted with GCMC about heading her way and grabbing her, possibly going straight south and hopping the border in Texas for a few days.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #9544
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

My plan was to cross near the peninsula so I could ride down the coast

Old 10-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #9545
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

I had one person interested in riding off-road this weekend. I may be down there either Saturday or Sunday at 10am to help get the track ready for the Turkey Run. That being said, if someone wants to meet me down there some time after lunch, let me know. Otherwise, I may work then go for a road ride.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #9546
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
My plan was to cross near the peninsula so I could ride down the coast
Yeah, wish we could make it out there this year but it aint happening.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #9547
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Michael,won't be able to go this weekend, heading to Boston for Matt's game.
You still camping next weekend,weather appropriate that is, I plan on coming to the Turkey Run and have invited a couple people also. I know you had mentioned staying there and camping,I didn't see anything on the flyer about being able to stay overnight. You can pm me any details also.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #9548
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,407
I would be interested in info on camping, and the turkey run. I wanted to go last year but didn't make it.
Mgbgt89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #9549
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

There is camping, just be warned, only porta cans. and is free to paying riders (and family) It's $20 a day to ride whether you do the demo rides or not. As long as the weather is decent, I'll camp.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #9550
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I would be interested in info on camping, and the turkey run. I wanted to go last year but didn't make it.
I understand if you want to camp for the camaraderie, but you are welcome to crash here. 3/4 mile from the track.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:25 AM   #9551
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I understand if you want to camp for the camaraderie, but you are welcome to crash here. 3/4 mile from the track.
Thanks mark, I'll let you know. If it doesn't warm up again i might take you up on that. I was hoping alex would let me take the 500 down there but she said i can't take it off road Guess i need to get my IT back together.
Mgbgt89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #9552
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

I can't remember if I already posted this here, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

OMTA is hosting an OHV Conference next Saturday, details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/362298397237007/

Ohio Motorized Trails Association invites you to attend the NEO OHV Conference.
When: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013, noon-4pm.
Where: 15020 Shedd Road, Burton, Ohio (corner of Shedd Rd. and SR168)

Come and meet the folks standing up for trail users in Ohio, as well as meet representatives of OMTA's N.E. Ohio area clubs. OMTA Government Relations Director will give an update on ongoing efforts in our state capitol, as well as talk about OMTA's Startup Club Assistance Program.

We have some great, active OMTA clubs in NE Ohio, each club is a little different, and will be doing a presentation about themselves and upcoming club events.
  • Lake County Off Road
  • S.E. Trail Riders
  • ATV Traction of Ashtabula
  • Geauga Trail Riders
Also expecting a guest from OMTA Sponsor Ohio Motorcycle, OMTA sponsors help keep our efforts rolling, and we are happy to give them a chance to meet more riders. Support the dealers who support the sport!

ODNR has made significant progress this year as well, in aquiring new properties for public OHV trails. ODNR will be giving a presentation on available grants that can be used for local riding areas (bring your local elected officials to hear this valuable info).

We will hold a 50/50 raffle with a few extra prizes including a helmet and box of oil to give away, food and drinks too.

12:00 noon advertised start time
12:15 Welcome address by OMTA president William Kaeppner. Bill will speak about how OHV recreation has been an enriching part of his life and his families life.
12:30 ATV Traction of Ashtabula -OMTA Member Club
12:45 Mary Fitch from Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Recreational Trails Program and other grant opportunities for trail systems.
1:30 Lake County off Road -OMTA Member Club
1:45 OMTA Sponsor Ohio Motorcycle
1:55 Ohio State Snowmobile Association.
2:10 OMTA Club Startup Assistance Grant program, and sponsorship opportunities.
2:20 South East ATV Riders Association
2:35 OMTA Government Relations Director Matthew Mesarchik, OHV political issues.
2:50 Geauga Trail Riders
3:05-4:00 mingle for questions. 50/50 and prize drawing at 3:30

For more info or to get involved visit us on the web of find us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/OhioMotorizedTrailsAssociation
www.OhioTrails.org
Old 10-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #9553
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Mike, what event is Crow hosting right before the Turkey Run, on November 1? I signed up to work an ambulance shift that day and I'll be at the park on standby from 9a-5p... no notation on the website of what event it is though.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #9554
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Mike, what event is Crow hosting right before the Turkey Run, on November 1?

It's pretty much a typical Adv style event, people sitting around drinking beer and bench racing. Usually people start filing in on Friday to spend the weekend, especially those with big rigs that are hard to maneuver in a crowd.

Since I have be put on the injured reserve list, I will be riding a little Saturday then probably work on Sunday. I rode the B loop today and it is decently easy to ride. If any rookies want a Sherpa to ride the B loop let me know, I'll ride a lap with them. For those who rode it before, it is reverse of the existing loop from this past summer and modified a bit to stay away from the KTM demo. I didn't have the energy to ride the A loop

Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #9555
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
It's pretty much a typical Adv style event, people sitting around drinking beer and bench racing. Usually people start filing in on Friday to spend the weekend, especially those with big rigs that are hard to maneuver in a crowd.

Since I have be put on the injured reserve list, I will be riding a little Saturday then probably work on Sunday. I rode the B loop today and it is decently easy to ride. If any rookies want a Sherpa to ride the B loop let me know, I'll ride a lap with them. For those who rode it before, it is reverse of the existing loop from this past summer and modified a bit to stay away from the KTM demo. I didn't have the energy to ride the A loop
Not sure why they want a squad on Friday then, but I'll be there. Look me up. I may ride Saturday.

My Smugmug Galleries