ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #10291
coolbluedab
The Frosted Ferret

Oddometer: 100
Seems a bunch of you have returned from long rides I want to do...

Thinking of a new jacket, but ride a sport bike usually and cruiser year round... And I am definitely ATGATT.. Am I crazy for looking at a 3/4 length olympia motoquest?

I have a short one (Very tiny few pockets short arms), and a long one (pockets galore but hot)... but I just want ONE.

That way I don't fill my bags with my riding gear.. but fill them with stuff. So I can leave them off usually.
coolbluedab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 AM   #10292
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,478
Congratulations!! ( looks like you did it right, I'm taking notes)
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #10293
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
And how many unhappy ones ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman8 View Post
Why u gotta be like dat?
I believe in this pic Jon is saying "Kim I want you to see all the fucks I don't give about haters like Meef. Look at them Honey."

Kim, "I see them Jon, there are so many fucks to not give about haters".

Congrats Jon!
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 AM   #10294
qman8
GS09

Oddometer: 499
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I've never seen anything on the Orange Crush forum, you're the 1st person I've heard say anything bad about them.

7,000 fully loaded, 750 lb bike, 220 for me, still had a millimeter left, maybe.

What caused the failure? Was it flat or did you just biff? If you biffed on an inflated tire, it's not the fault of the tire iron. I guess either way, it could be considered operator error, a proper iron shouldn't damage a bead.

Michael
Who said anything about a damaged bead or tire-iron?????
They are just $hitty tires on pavement, period. Good for dirt/gravel, sure.
Operator error?? Normally a rider can trust their tires...not these.
There was a long thread on the GS page recently...I'd guess 75% of the input was very negative (on pavement)....for both the k60 and k75.
qman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #10295
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,111
I've heard one of the 50/50 tires wasn't so great on pavement- the mefo or heindau. The other two were said to not hold up as long,but otherwise did fine. It's part of the reason I went with the Sahara3s.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #10296
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
I believe in this pic Jon is saying "Kim I want you to see all the fucks I don't give about haters like Meef. Look at them Honey."

Kim, "I see them Jon, there are so many fucks to not give about haters".
Kim has better grammar than that.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #10297
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Kim has better grammar than that.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #10298
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,049
Spam Alert!

WRUW is holding their annual fundraiser this week, if you believe in diversified community radio (and web-stream) that offers an alternative to the corporate stagnation on the FM dial please consider offering your support @ www.wruw.org. Of course, I would appreciate it if you mention my show, "The Woodchopper's Ball", when you donate. We offer some pretty cool logo items this year which are viewable on the website and you can also call in at 216-368-2208 for music premiums to thank you for your donation. Operators are standing by!

Thanks,

Chip

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #10299
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post

WRUW is holding their annual fundraiser this week, if you believe in diversified community radio (and web-stream) that offers an alternative to the corporate stagnation on the FM dial please consider offering your support @ www.wruw.org. Of course, I would appreciate it if you mention my show, "The Woodchopper's Ball", when you donate. We offer some pretty cool logo items this year which are viewable on the website and you can also call in at 216-368-2208 for music premiums to thank you for your donation. Operators are standing by!

Thanks,

Chip
How did I not know you do a blues show? That's pretty cool man! Is it available as a podcast for download?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #10300
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
How did I not know you do a blues show? That's pretty cool man! Is it available as a podcast for download?
There is a one week archive @ http://www.wruw.org/guide/index.php?...bmit=1&g=7&d=4 Right click the "56K" on the right, "save target as" or "open"

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #10301
qman8
GS09

Quote:
There is a one week archive @ http://www.wruw.org/guide/index.php?...bmit=1&g=7&d=4 Right click the "56K" on the right, "save target as" or "open"
Speaking of Blues...I got to see Jimmy Thackery perform right here in Tuscarawas County last Saturday. Pretty dam good for an old dude! Awesome!
Sorry...no moto content :-(
Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #10302
qman8
GS09

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluedab View Post
Seems a bunch of you have returned from long rides I want to do...

Thinking of a new jacket, but ride a sport bike usually and cruiser year round... And I am definitely ATGATT.. Am I crazy for looking at a 3/4 length olympia motoquest?

I have a short one (Very tiny few pockets short arms), and a long one (pockets galore but hot)... but I just want ONE.

That way I don't fill my bags with my riding gear.. but fill them with stuff. So I can leave them off usually.
Like bikes, you're not gonna find one to work best in all situations. I have 1 hot, and 1 cold, and 1 rain. For hot, I much prefer perforated leather over mesh stuff.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #10303
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Quote:
Speaking of Blues...I got to see Jimmy Thackery perform right here in Tuscarawas County last Saturday. Pretty dam good for an old dude! Awesome!
Sorry...no moto content :-(
Great, I have had Jimmy on the show before and he is a great guy. I saw his old band, The Nighthawks, last Saturday myself. Where did you see Thackery, Canal House?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #10304
qman8
GS09

Quote:
Great, I have had Jimmy on the show before and he is a great guy. I saw his old band, The Nighthawks, last Saturday myself. Where did you see Thackery, Canal House?

Yes...Canal house. Middle - o - nowhere....with really crappy acoustics environment.
Been also wanting to see Tab Benoit that frequents that establishment. Also Local guy Gus Lambros is kick-ass (Electric Mud Band).
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #10305
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Who said anything about a damaged bead or tire-iron?????
They are just $hitty tires on pavement, period. Good for dirt/gravel, sure.
Operator error?? Normally a rider can trust their tires...not these.
There was a long thread on the GS page recently...I'd guess 75% of the input was very negative (on pavement)....for both the k60 and k75.
I think it was a misinterpretation of you saying to not spoon one on. Your creative writing was taken as a literal installation issue.

I wonder if it is truly a bad street tire or a matter of GSers thinking they are on a sport bike instead of a dual sport. I can see things going sideways with a more off-road oriented pattern / compound if you decide to corner by leaning with the bike instead of tipping the bike underneath you and standing on the outside peg. This is especially true at low speeds. Add to that, the fact that there are a lot of folks who don't know how to turn a bike and have bad habits like weighting the inside peg in a corner.