User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
DRZ400SK4 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,047
End of Summer Group Ride

We have some of our best motorcycling weather during the month of September, and today Denise, Roy, Bill, and I decided to take full advantage of that fact.

We had four bikes that you seldom see around Newfoundland on this ride. Denise was on her Tiger, Bill on his Buell, Roy on his Concours, and me on my Strom.

We headed out to explore Random Island, and the coastal road from George's Brook to Burgoyne's Cove, which runs along the opposite side of Smith Sound.

After ridng to Hickman's Harbour to take a group photo, we headed to Lower Lance Cove, on the other side of the island. A friend of Roy's has a house down there, and he had told Roy to drop by and gather some of the ripe yellow apples which were ready for the pickin' on a large tree on his property. These were huge sweet apples, and they tasted amazing, right off the branch. Roy performed his best chimp imitation, and climbed nearly to the top of the huge tree, to pick and shake down the best apples. Denise, on the other hand, discovered a novel way to carry the apples, while also enhancing her figure (See photo below!).

Denise was on a tight schedule, since she had to work a night shift. So, she and Roy headed back to St. John's, soon after we all left Random Island. Bill and I continued all the way to the end of the road on the north side of Smith Sound, to Burgoyne's Cove. Then Bill and I parted company in George's Brook on the way back, as he headed northward to Port Blandford, and I headed southward back to St. John's.

It was a truly great day of late summer riding with good people. Thanks to Denise, Roy, and Bill for joining me on this mid-week 'jailbreak' dayride adventure.

Total distance for the day, from my front door and back, was 560 kms.

Here's some photos from our day of exploring the coastal roads around
Smith Sound, in Eastern Newfoundland...

My Photos In Google Earth

DRZ400SK4 screwed with this post 09-21-2007 at 05:09 AM
DRZ400SK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,805
You are a photogenic bunch, and the maritime backdrop just enhances it all. Thanks for the pictures, very beautiful.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,850
Looks good.. That tiger's not been seen here before!! Thanks for the pics away from the coast this time, well almost.. !!