Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #451
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,045
the word culture in the club seems strangely mis-applied . . . . . .

Shame on the LEOs.

good for you, though for finding a way through . . . . . adapt and overcome, at it's finest.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #452
crjanow
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Good to know, I always have my gun on me when I ride but never think about whether anybody likes it or not when I'm in a store. Its always concealed so they never know. I have to get back to your store and look at your gloves I need some new ones for my TDub.
crjanow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #453
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post

Shame on the LEOs.
I don't know why you say shame on the LEO's. I'm not a fan of the po-po, but at least they were honest. When someone's at your door with a gun, would you rather have a phone in your hand or a firearm? Being able to defend oneself is a basic right.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #454
JayD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Hiya Mike!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #455
LexLeroy
Aging Gracelessly

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post

Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters is a Handgun Permit Friendly Business.

We have been since the day we opened.

If this bothers you in any way, I highly recommend you take your business to a gun free zone.

One more reason for me to come down from Kentucky and spend a couple bucks in your store....
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #456
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,412
Thumb

Guns don't bother me, I use them like the tools they are. I figured there was a reason for the open carry though. I deal in gas checks, some reloading equipment, swagging etc. The reason I didn't ride much since last fall has been due to the huge increase in demand. The amount of new people getting into reloading is amazing.

I'll be up that way soon, I'm watching for a good weather window in April.... I'll be stopping in as usual, love the store.

sagedrifter screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 10:47 PM
sagedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #457
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hiya Mike!

Where you been stranger?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #458
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagedrifter View Post
Guns don't bother me, I use them like the tools they are. I figured there was a reason for the open carry though. I deal in gas checks, some reloading equipment, swagging etc. The reason I didn't ride much since last fall has been due to the huge increase in demand. The amount of new people getting into reloading is amazing.

I'll be up that way soon, I'm watching for a good weather window in April.... I'll be stopping in as usual, love the store.

I bet you guys have been busy. I've got a new rifle & can't find any match grade ammo to sight it in. When we get moved into the new house I'll have room for reloading gear. Haven't had the space to do that for some time.

I wish the Democrats were talking about banning riding gear. We'd see how many Klim Badland Pro suits would sell when people were told they couldn't have them.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #459
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

FYI:

Olympia Moto Sport & Klim Spring stocking orders will be here next week in time for the March Moto Madness Rally.

We also have Firstgear and Wolfman Luggage shipments that will be coming in before the event. Powerlet's Spring order came in this week. ROK straps are in route already too.

Not sure where we are going to put it all. We ordered a ton of gear.

We'll be giving a lot of gift certificates away at the rally and will be open at 7am Sunday for those that want to use them before going home.

Trail 81 & 82 will be cleared of all blow down from last weeks storm before the rally starts. We're going to hit 82 this weekend and 81 on Wednesday. I'll post a trail report on the MMM Thread when we are done and I've ridden each of them.

minimike

Minimike screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 12:42 PM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #460
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHulgan View Post
I don't know why you say shame on the LEO's. I'm not a fan of the po-po, but at least they were honest. When someone's at your door with a gun, would you rather have a phone in your hand or a firearm? Being able to defend oneself is a basic right.

Two different conversations (or maybe three), AB, and not the place for either.

Glad things are going well at the shop!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #461
JayD
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimike View Post
i've got a new rifle & can't find any match grade ammo to sight it in. 3
308?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #462
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

No, .223. Not a target gun; but, it has a 1/10 barrel twist. Can't find 77grain Target rounds at any of the local shops.

Put a nice Kahles Helia CSX 1-4x 30mm scope on it with a Larue SPR 1.93 mount. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Iron sites just aren't getting it done any more.

Dirty truck.

minimike

Minimike screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 07:04 AM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #463
JayD
Gnarly Adventurer

JayD screwed with this post 02-17-2014 at 12:46 PM
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #464
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,647
What's the difference between the Klim Latitude 840 and the Latitude Misano?? Is it that the Misano is lighter weight??? The the difference between the Latitude 840 and the Badlands??

I'm looking at getting one of the two from you some time in the spring or early summer. Just have to make a trip down to you.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #465
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sweet,
I have some 308 match But no 223 in 77gr
IIRC, you'd prolly want a 1 in 7 to stabilize that weight for way out yonder ;)

The Sig is 1/7. I got confused. My Arsenal AK is 1/10. Too much cold medicine.