Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #496
SeeRace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Obligitory Circle shot. Hotter than when you went Mike, 88 degrees when we started the Dalton.

SeeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #497
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Great shot! It wasn't too bad when we got to the sign; but, the weather went to shit later in the day.
423-253-2088

http://tellicomoto.com

The great riding pleasure is "to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women", all from a smaller, less powerful bike.
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #498
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRace View Post
My son and I bought all our Klim gear, a wolfman bag, and Sokz for our trip to Alaska from Tellico Mike. Great gear and great prices. Thanks Mike!

Here we are holding $22,000 of Yukon Gold in Dawson City as I thought about running out and jumping on my bike.

Looks like you could fit it into the "ICE" pocket! Hard to believe that little chunk of metal is worth the price of a really nice bike.
423-253-2088

The great riding pleasure is "to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women", all from a smaller, less powerful bike.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #499
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Klim Latitudes

Klim Overlands Jkts

Klim Badlands Pro

Klim traverse Jkts

Firstgear Men's and Women's water & wind proof fleece mid layers. All sizes.

Firstgear Kathmandu jackets & pants

Kili Jackets

Tourmaster WP Air boots

423-253-2088

Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #500
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

We now stock Macna Women's Lily All Season touring jackets. Got tired of waiting on Klim.

Cherie's trying one on

The Hi-viz version

423-253-2088

Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #501
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Klim Women's Alpine bibs, all sizes. Ladies, these things WORK!

-GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
-GORE-TEX® THREE-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
-KLIM’S EXCLUSIVE SEAT DRY TECH CONSTRUCTION
-EMBOSSED/TEXTURED GORE-TEX® SHELL FABRIC
-HIGHLY BREATHABLE
-WOMEN-SPECIFIC AGGRESSIVE PATTERNING
-HIGH COMFORT WAIST MAXIMIZES COVERAGE AND COMFORT
-MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 2 SIDE ZIPS
-KNEE ARTICULATION
-MAX VISIBILITY 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
-FULL LENGTH WRAP-AROUND SIDE ZIPS
-2 EXTERNAL ZIPPERED HAND POCKETS
-SIDE WAIST STRETCH PANELS
-ELASTIC WAIST STRETCH
-INTEGRATED RAIN BOOT GAITER DESIGN
-PANT HOLD-DOWN CINCH
-YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT (WATER RESISTANT IN EXPOSED AREAS)
-INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
-REMOVABLE ANATOMICALLY SHAPED KNEE/SHIN PADS
-NON-RESTRICTIVE GUSSETING
-NON-SLIP ADJUSTABLE SUSPENDERS
-KILL SWITCH D-RING
-EMBROIDERED LOGOS

---
423-253-2088

Minimike screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 11:08 AM
Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #502
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Ride in, try gear on.

Then, ride the Cherohala Skyway!

Or, go for a ride in the National Forest. IT'S OPEN!

423-253-2088

Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #503
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,466
I was in the shop this past Thursday. Wish I needed something to buy. Can't pass through the area without stopping and perusing.

The pumpkin roll at Tellico Grains was excellent.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #504
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 985
Just packed a box of Fandango and Diablo tank bags for ya, Mike!
They get picked up by the truck in 1/2 hour...

Thanks for supporting GiantLoopMoto.com!
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #505
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,419
MIke can you explain to me the differences between the Klim Bad Lands, Latitude 840 and Overland Pants. Of course there is a large price difference.

BadLands- 3 layer gore tex, D3o armor, Retail $649

Latitude 840- 2 layer goretex, 840 Codura construction, CE armor, Retail $499

Overland- 3 layer Gortex, D3o armor, 840D in high impact areas. Retail $379

I prefer a more durable pant like I assume the 840 is. Is the Latitude 840 more durrable than BOTH the Bad Lands and Overland???? And what difference does the 2 vs 3 layer goretex make??? IS there a NOTICEABLE difference between the two in breath-ability and coolness???

Is venting the same on all three??

Armor doesn't mean anything to me as I always change that out to armor I prefer and switch between pants.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #506
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Sorry, been tied up and haven't been able to reply. I do not stock the high dollar Adventure jacket and pants, so my comments don't apply to them.

First off, all the Gortex Klim pants are 3 layers of Gortex and they all have 4 air vents. The vents are not all in the same places or the same sizes though.

Traverse, baggy cut, you may need a size smaller than normal. Armor pockets, but no armor. D30 slips in. One small cargo pocket in right thigh. No straps for suspenders. Lots of leather on the inside of the legs. Sold a ton of them and have yet to have a customer complain about them. Great bang for the buck!

Overland, D3o armor, two thigh cargo pockets (small), and cut more tailored than Traverse. Still look like dirt bike pants though. Straps for suspenders. Lots of leather inside the legs.

Latitude, now coming with D3o armor, two slash pockets like street slacks and a large cargo pocket on the front of the left leg. Pants are more adventure bike style (less like dirt bike pants) and remind me of Aerostich Darien pants. Straps for suspenders. Only a very small patch of leather on the inside of the knees.

Badlands, D3o armor, two small thigh pockets, dirt bike style pants that are tight cut, many customers do not like the distance from the seat of the pants to the knee armor, If you like Relax cut jeans, you're not going to like these pants. Lots of leather on the inside of the legs. I wear these. The knee armor does rub my knee cap and after a couple hours pisses me off. I have a 28" waist and am wearing the 30 Regular pants. I hate the pockets. I will say it again, I hate the pockets. Hard to get in & out of them, and forget having gloves on & doing it. Wish I had purchased a pair of the Black Latitude pants.

Here's my observations:

1. What ever pant you think you want, you have a 50/50 chance of changing your mind once you start trying on the other styles. Happens all the time.

2. Choose the one that fits your body the best and has the pockets you like. These are going to last you a long time and it's more important that the style will work more than matching your jacket. Best bet is to try on the pants and sit on your bike.

3. I would purchase a more expensive jacket and less expensive pants if you are on a budget. All the pants have 4 air vents. The jackets have 3, 4, 5, or 8 air vents. Many of my customers purchase a Badlands jacket and Traverse pants.

4. IMHO, the Overland pants do everything the Badlands pants do and I can sell you a pair of Alpinestar Scout waterproof adventure boots for the difference.

5. We don't need 4, (5 if you count the crazy $$$$ Adventure pants), Gortex riding pants from Klim. They need to drop one and add a pair of bib's with the hip to cuff scuba zipper; and, 4 air vents. I sell a lot of Klim Women's Alpine bibs (Snowmobile) to women motorcycle riders. There's a reason I do. They work and they are easy to get in and out of. Right now, Klim does not make a pair of motorcycle pants that are easy to get in and out of.

We need men's and women's motorcycle Bib's, 3 layer Gortex, four scuba air vents, leather on the inside of the legs, a scuba leg zipper that runs from hip to cuff, D3o armor in the knees and hip. The knee armor should be adjustable. We only need one color, Dark Pewter.

In fact, I wouldn't offer any colors that only work with a specific model jacket. People like to mix and match, so the colors should be such that they work together.

We picked up the Macna Women's jackets and pants to try to offer a set of high quality riding gear for women. Some women can wear Klim men's gear and some can't. Klim's missing the boat.

That being said, I love selling Klim. I know that 99% of my customers are going to be very happy with their purchase.

minimike

ride safe!
423-253-2088

Minimike screwed with this post 12-07-2013 at 08:28 AM
Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #507
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Some of the members here already know this; but, it's time to go ahead and make a formal announcement.

A couple weeks ago Cherie & I came to the realization that basically the income from the motorcycle shop was going to pay taxes. So, we are have been winding winding down the operation and will be closing the door then on the last Saturday of Feb.

So, I'm taking an early retirement. Going to ride. Work on Trail 81 & 82 in the national forest. Work on my properties. Go on some ride trips.

The shop has been a blast these past 7 years; and, I'm going to miss seeing everyone at the shop. We also really appreciate all the support we've had from ADVRider.com and from the members! Thanks!

On the bright side, I now will have time to go to ADV events!

I hope to see you in the woods!

minimike

423-253-2088

Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #508
LtDan
I'm going home

Oddometer: 218
So, the rumor is true. Mike, I think I speak for the whole riding community, I will be really sad to see you close the doors. Not only was TMO at great shop, you did so much to promote DS riding in the Tellico Plains area, not to mention all the work you, Tom, and the help you put together, did to maintain 81, 82 and other trails.
You deserve it brother, now's the time to get out and ride and enjoy yourself, better see ya at March Moto Madness next month, better yet, maybe Big Bend?

Dan
865-448-6090
www.gsmmotorent.com
LtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #509
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,584
I saw your announcement on FB when you made it and like LtDan, we'll all be sad to see you go. You have definitely been a great asset to the Dual Sport community.

Even though you are about 3-4 hrs away, my wife and I frequently enjoyed an excuse to go visit you up there and buy merchandise/clothing.

I definitely don't blame you though for getting out there and just enjoying yourself!

Mike, We all with you the best of luck to you and Cherie!!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:47 PM   #510
t-bills
mcs are dangerous

Oddometer: 238
Sorry to hear you are closing the doors. Between losing you in Tellico and Mark at Thunder Mountain, I imagine I won't be stopping nearly as often.

On the other hand, congrats on starting a new stage of your life.
t-bills is offline   Reply With Quote