Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #46
ra2bach
drive-by poster

Oddometer: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike
You would be surprised how much on your list I do have.

We have Camel Backs & some camel back parts, tire patch kits, CO2 & CO2 inflators, Slime Air Compressors, bungee cords, battery tender, Cruz Tools, LED Flashlites. cheap rain suits & rubber over boots, cheap water proof bag liners (can use as beer cooler in emergency), water proof pouches, some Tech Mounts & Powerlet stuff, sunglasses & clear glasses, a few googles, some water proof Teknic boots, (may add Oxtar soon), gel seat pads, Wolfman & Marsee soft luggage, 30 feet of Olympia Moto Sport Clothing (Men's & Women's), ZR1 Helmets, tiedown straps & tiedown extensions, locks & cables, water proof summer & winter gloves, vented gloves, & glove liners, and to top it off we have ADV Rider t-shirts & stickers!.

Most importantly, we have a clean rest room! The rest room even has some cold medicine & aspirin in the cabinet.

Waiting on the FrogTog rep to come around to sign me up.

The new line of First Gear under gear is on order & will be here soon! Not that we've needed it yet, it's been really warm for October.

Had a couple guys from Canada in this morning. One of them was on a really neat little Honda 125R. He said it was aropund $4000 Canadian out the door. This thing is tiny! It must be a riot on the dragon.
yep. I thought you probably did but I didn't see that in your pics.

I worked as a business start-up consultant for some time and it was amazing to me to see how many people will open a store underfunded so it ends up looking more like a yardsale (you know, folding tables, posters, and maybe one clothing waterfall stuck in tecenter of the room) till they get vendor accounts and some cash flow going.

the thing that amazes me even more is the guy who opens a store with no clue of what their core customers' needs, wants, or attitudes are. congratulation, looks like you got that part down. I'll be swinging by sometime soon...

"having dreams to look forward to slows time..."

-- Freeflow

ra2bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #47
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,069
Good shop

Recently bought from them by telephone. A five-star experience. Definitely recommended. When can we expect a branch here in Yellowstone/Teton Country, a.k.a. God's Country?

byways screwed with this post 10-18-2007 at 08:12 AM
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #48
cbeene
Beener

Oddometer: 30
Thumb Great Shop

My wife and I stopped by last Saturday after riding the Cherohala Skyway and what a nice shop. Mike is a heck of nice guy and even offered some nice discounts for the ADV Rally. The store is well stocked and easy to find.

Best of luck Mike and I hope to make some of the rides this spring.
02 F650 GS Dakar
92 R100 GS PD (gone...back to Boojum)
cbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #49
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,363
A very nice shop indeed.

Mike was really great to chat with and how neat is it to be able to stop in a store in one of the best riding areas east of the Mississippi and to be able to walk out the door with the lastest in ADV Rider appearal.

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE 1997 Suzuki DR 350 SE
Gezerbike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #50
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,608
I'm looking forward to stopping by when we have our DOG meet 'n greet up there the 2nd weekend in Nov.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #51
gosling1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Thumb Must See!

Stopped by Saturday morning while spending a few days at Hunt's Lodge in Tellico Plains. Well laid out & equipped shop - tastefully done - nicest motorcycle gear shop I've been in - puts many BMW & Harley ones to shame! Got an ADVRider ballcap for the missus - the "gathering" the weekend before had diminished his ADV swag a good bit, but Mike was going to reorder soon.
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #52
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop74
Great shop, stopped in today. Other than benches and a coke machine a great place to stop in an pick up some stuff!!!

Coop
I've got some benches on order with a motorcycle theme & already have a small frig for the soda's just haven't gotten it hooked up yet. Both will be taken care of in the next week or two. I'll have a couple tables on the side of the shop in the Spring.

I also have a portable air compressor for customers to use too!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #53
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling1
Stopped by Saturday morning while spending a few days at Hunt's Lodge in Tellico Plains. Well laid out & equipped shop - tastefully done - nicest motorcycle gear shop I've been in - puts many BMW & Harley ones to shame! Got an ADVRider ballcap for the missus - the "gathering" the weekend before had diminished his ADV swag a good bit, but Mike was going to reorder soon.
ADV Stickers are back in stock! Including the new Yellow ADV sticker & the Compass sticker! Thanks Gadget Boy for the fast shipping!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #54
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Well we've restocked ADV gear since being wiped out by the Airhead guys! The ADV Texas Orange Ride t-shirts were decimated.

One thing that came in right after the rally were the new shop long sleeve t-shirts.

An airhead of sorts, a R25 or R27. Not sure which, but I realy liked the photo. We've modified it a little for Tellico Plains. Then there's the sidecar rig on the front.

Back This guy is an ADV rider!

Front (picture is blured, I ingnored the camera's idiot warning light)

$19.95 shipped

Minimike screwed with this post 10-30-2007 at 10:48 AM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #55
kevrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
my cousin and i stopped by yesterday after a nice ride on the Skyway. it was colorful and beautiful and (mostly) unclogged. in fact, we were hardly impeded all day. it was grand.

anyway, cuz finally bought himself a pair of saddlebags and a tankbag, nice wolfman stuff. i've often heard raves about that brand but never seen it in a shop before. quality kit. sweet shop, great service, top guy. good to meetcha Mini!

i'll be looking forward to cracking open that fridge next time, i should have gotten a Red Bull before i left.

kevrider screwed with this post 10-28-2007 at 11:26 AM
kevrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #56
XPatriot
Charges have been dropped

Oddometer: 1,076
Thumb

I went, I bought, I was made to feel very welcome.

Many thumbs up!

There comes a time when the jewels cease to sparkle, the gold loses it's luster, and the throne room becomes a prison. And all that is left is a father's love for his child.
XPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #57
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Great to meet you today Mike, as well as your wife. We chatted a little about Michigan after you left breakfast this morning. Great shop you have there, and we'll see ya in a few weeks.

Mark
Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 AM   #58
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,929
Love the new gloves Mike. Hopefully, the HP2 will be fixed in time for the DOG Tellico rally.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:01 AM   #59
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte
Love the new gloves Mike. Hopefully, the HP2 will be fixed in time for the DOG Tellico rally.
I fully intend to scoop up a pair of those gloves at the "non rally rally" as Mike calls it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #60
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Well, didn't get any gloves this go-round, but definitley went on a mini shopping spree as I think a few other DOGs did this weekend. Thanks again Mike for everything and I'll bug you about gloves and Wolfman tool rolls in December!