User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #76
NaDSoB
Another asshole on a KLR

Oddometer: 364
Thumb Wow!

Mike's got a great store here! Not only did he have the exact Olympia jacket I've been trying to find all over the southeast, he shipped it to me (hell, it arrived back at the house before I did!) at no cost!

I loaded up on ADV stickers, got a Tellico Motorcycle Outfitter's T-Shirt (one of my new favorites!), and got directions from Mike to a deli/bakery down the street that was another highlight of my Spring Blue Ridge Ride.

Definitely worth a visit when you're in the area, it'll put your local bike shop's inventory of accessories and apparel to shame!

Thanx, Mike!

Rob

Meat Loaf from "A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste", Lyrics by Jim Steinman
NaDSoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #77
johnwesley
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,525
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike
We're going to add Klim very shortly.

Here's our thoughts on starting off:

-Dakar Pants in gray, every waist size & most Tall sizes

-Mojave Jersey's in every size, maybe a mixture of colors

-Inferno wind shirt in every size

-Dakar gloves in every size, maybe a mixture of colors

-Nac Pak's

I had wanted to carry the Revolt pants; however, they don't make tall sizes.

Any input guys?
you got a look at my Klim Dakar pants. I am loving them. I've crashed a few times in them and they're holding up very well. They will be a good addition. The thing about Klim is they're hard to find in store, so you having them will be great
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #78
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,598
Mike, great to hear you are gonna carry Klim. I wish you'd get a few of those helmets they make now, as well as the new in-the-boot pants. I have a pair of Dakars and love them but sometimes wish my pants tucked inside. I need a new pair of gloves so I'll put it off til you get a shipment in. Keep us updated! Have not found a place yet near ATL that sells Klim...I bought mine in San Fran this past winter.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #79
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Thanks for all the business & nice remarks! We really appreciate it.

Klim shipped about 2/3's of what I ordered. Most of the gloves and pants are here. No Jersey's were shipped and only a couple of the Tall size pants. The rest of my order is about 2 weeks away they said.

We're going to install 2 new wall racks on Sunday & shuffle merchandise around. The shop's starting to look over full. Got another Wolfman shipment this week too.

Tom & I will be at the BMW Xplor Jimmy Lewis event next weekend. Cherie's going to be watching the shop for me. While the kids are going to run the ice cream shop. That should be interesting. Anyway, I'll be trying out a new pair of KLIM pants. Maybe a jersey too if they come in before we leave. I'll try to take some pictures while we're at class. Meanwhile, here are a few shots of cool bikes that have stopped by lately.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #80
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Devon's Riding the World!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #81
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 2,159
Gonna have to ride down from Ky to check y'all out. Good luck.
stoney4vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #82
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Bells?

NO WE DON'T STOCK ANY F#@KING BELLS!

I think if one non-ATGATT person comes in and asks for bells I'm going to loose it. How a friggin bell made in China by a part-time communist is going to save your ass is beyond me.

Sorry guys.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #83
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
NO WE DON'T STOCK ANY F#@KING BELLS!

I think if one non-ATGATT person comes in and asks for bells I'm going to loose it. How a friggin bell made in China by a part-time communist is going to save your ass is beyond me.

Sorry guys.

You need more Hi Viz gear in front of the store.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #84
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,011
Great Shop!

Never saw this post but stumbled across the store on a day ride while at the Honda Hoot in Knoxville. My buddy Ron from Texas really enjoyed the visit .... spent some $$ and then had cobbler and ice cream across the street! Does not get much better!

Attached Images

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #85
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Guys!

Ed, thanks for coming in & tell Ron thanks too!

Flux, I'll be ready for some this weekend, what's your poison?

I had been in bed for a few days (under doctor's orders) when this idiot came in. He actually gave me shit for not having angel bells to protect him & his bike. If it hadn't been for my semi-drugged state I think I would have responded better. It wasn't until he left that I realized how stupid the whole conversation was. In fact I can feel an anti-dumbassbiker rant building up, so I better change the subject.

We try to cram as much real gear into the shop as the budget allows. As we scrape together a few more nickels, we add more stuff like ROK straps & Klim apparel. Armor & a new line of boots are on my short list.

Minimike screwed with this post 07-02-2008 at 07:17 AM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #86
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,011
Quote:
Thanks Guys!

Ed, thanks for coming in & tell Ron thanks too!

Flux, I'll be ready for some this weekend, what's your poison?

I had been in bed for a few days (under doctor's orders) when this idiot came in. He actually gave me shit for not having angel bells to protect him & his bike. If it hadn't been for my semi-drugged state I think I would have responded better. It wasn't until he left that I realized how stupid the whole conversation was. In fact I can feel an anti-dumbassbiker rant building up, so I better change the subject.

We try to cram as much real gear into the shop as the budget allows. As we scrape together a few more nickels, we add more stuff like ROK straps & Klim apparel. Armor & a new line of boots are on my short list.
Most all the products you had when we stopped in was quality stuff. In addition the directions and road advice was FREE! Don't get much better. Well ... maybe ... you could hand out coupons for free ice cream from the shop across the street

On the ride home I could not help thinking ... why didn't I think to open such a shop in such a great location?

Good luck and I will be stopping in again!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #87
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
Me and my riding buddy Chris stopped by last month; one of the best m/c stores I have ever been in. There are also some good restaurants within walking distance for anyone riding through Tellico looking for food. Like they say; live to ride, ride to eat.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #88
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Hey Mike, have you gotten your shipment of the natural colored Tourmaster summer leather gloves in yet? The ones we talked about last weekend...
Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #89
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Not yet. My brother came up from GA & we've been riding for the last 4 days.

I'll get them ordered; however, I doubt they will be in till next week now.

Minimike
Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #90
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer: 12,378
Looks like pretty neat shop you got going. Maybe you need some signs to warn off unwanted clientel...from a friends shop in Northern Arkansas...there were others, but this was a favorite.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote