Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #106
SR1
Back in S. Korea

Oddometer: 4,373
MiniMike, I'm the guy on the GS that stopped by Saturday, started to buy stickers, went over to eat pizza and came back to my sticker purchase. Nice to meet you and good to know there's a friendly shop in that area. I wish you luck in your business!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #107
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Guys, thanks for coming by! We appreciate the business.

If anyone's going to be around on a Monday, let us know. We usually are out exploring on the bikes.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #108
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

A pair of GS's for contrast!

Breakfast at Randy's diner this morning with a couple ADVrider inmates, drooling over this R80GS, selling another Wolfman Peaktail bag before opening, and a Supermotard group coming in this afternoon!

Sorry guys, I really can't say that this is work. It's just too much fun!

I like this picture!

I just got new TKC's on my rims, but they're in the shed. If I had put them on last night this picture would have been perfect. Astro just put new TKC's on his R80GS.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #109
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,262
Hey Mike, I was thinking about stopping by tomorrow. One question though: is gas readily available around Tellico? Here in the Atlanta burbs many gas stations are dry.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #110
muddywater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 637
Just did 1800 miles in 5 days with my new Wolfman mini beta tail bag I got from you last week, duffel and Marssee tank bag (Blue 08 klr). Plenty of room for packing all my gear without panniers. Nice tight package that traveled great.

Thanks for your great service.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #111
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

muddywater, thanks for the business! I have to admit to being jealous. Wish I could take a trip. November can't come soon enough.

Reverse, I just called the Cherohala Market (Exxon). He has plenty of gas & doesn't think he will run out this week. The weather is really nice this morning. I had a great ride into town with the motard rims. Tomorrow the knobbies are going back on; so, I might have to make a run up the Skyway after work today. If you're here at closing & want to make a High Speed run to the State line, you're welcome to join me.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #112
astro
seek light

Oddometer: 2,294
thanks for the route advice

Not that we followed it very well
It will be interesting to download the track of the GPS and see where we actually went on our ride.

We did find the paved section of the "dam" road and it was great . . . now the TKC are scrubbed in properly

great tail bag. . . fits the bike properly and the expansion zipper really adds some volume when needed. Consider adding a photo of the bag with the full extension.

see you again soon.

I like this shot of the two bikes

astro screwed with this post 09-16-2008 at 09:16 AM
astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #113
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,262
Mike, thanks for the directions! Took North River Road (217). Thick layer of gravel in some places, but a lot of fun. My first time by Bald River Falls also.

Didn't quite make it up to the speeds you quoted though

Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #114
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

More play pictures: Trail 82 Single track (before I wacked the downed trees)

A few puppies found us out in the woods. Some dumb ass dropped them off. They were starving. John & I fed them some wild grapes & my only bottle of water. They took a nap under the side car while we waited for everyone to come back from single track. After we left, it messed up my riding. I couldn't stop thinking about them.

Minimike screwed with this post 10-02-2008 at 10:47 AM
Minimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #115
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

We headed down to Reliance for some grub. Then up to Witt Rd for some water crossings! Only a few miles from the shop.

Let's stall it & test my boots out!

Tom's taking the easy route.

Minimike screwed with this post 10-02-2008 at 10:45 AM
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #116
Minimike OP
Studly Adventurer

This isn't everyone; but, it was like herding cats. Some of the guys were down at the hardware store purchasing bolts or something I think. Great time & a perfect excuse to get out of the shop in the middle of the week!

Ok, I couldn't stand it. So I jumped in the truck with my gear on & drove back to Schuler Creek Rd to look for the pups. They weren't there. Went South on 68; no luck. Turned around & crawled along 68. Found them along the creek on West side of 68 about a 1/2 mile North of Schuler Creek RD. Took them home, fed them, and gave them a nice bed for the night. Jake tried to push the pups around; however, they stuck together & kicked his ass. I laughed so hard I thought I'd pee myself. They didn't bite him, then just jumped him & held him down. He's about 3 times bigger than they are so it was really funny. Took them to the shelter in the morning. Hope they find a home.

Minimike screwed with this post 10-02-2008 at 10:50 AM
Old 10-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #117
ggrjr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Great Meeting you.

Mike:
It was great to meet you Tueday. Your lunch suggestion was spot on. I will definitely be stopping in next time I am up that way. Any one looking for gear give Mike a call, he'll take care of you.

2005 DL 1000
93 VFR
ggrjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #118
FizDog
sucks on dirt

Oddometer: 189
Thanks for rescuing the pups Mike. That speaks volumes to me about the kind of guy you are!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #119
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,330
Hi Mike Was good to meet you and see your great store there in Tellico on Oct 1st. You said I was the second guy on a GS from Pa to stop in that day. Good luck
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #120
jrodgolfer
Huge Member

Oddometer: 221
Mike - how's your stock of ADVrider stickers? I'm coming by this weekend and want to pick a few up!

Let the Adventure's begin...
jrodgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote