Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #91
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,508
Nah, I am thnking that this mod will wait a bit longer so I can get a complete setup from motomaster. You used thecaliper setup for the 640 right?

I might even do the rear of the bike and then sell a complete 990A ABS setup with the calipers. rotors and masters.

I am going to ask a machinist bud to help me fab a pair of mirrir mounts for the bike so I can protect the clutch master as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m
Mmmmmm ........ the money you save buying the SE pump could pay for half of the radial...........

I think I might cut up my original, useless, ADV pump to make a mirror mount
Old 10-23-2010, 04:19 AM   #92
NOSIGN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
G'day Rory and All,

thanks for posting this thread Rory.

Qn. When you guys used the 5mm spacers with the motomaster 320mm rotor and 4 pot caliper, does the rotor sit in the middle of the caliper, or off to the spoke side, i.e. almost rubbing on the caliper?

cheers,

DR650SE ('97) current project
CBR954 ('03) daily ride
CBR900 ('96) the 'ol days
CR250 ('03), 125 ('89), 80 ('85) the 'ol days
KX80 ('92) the 'ol days
NOSIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #93
K2m OP

Oddometer: 2,242
Better late than never.. ............... Dead in the middle... digger

Haven't had time to check in here lately

been busy playing with my latest toy

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

K2m screwed with this post 10-29-2010 at 08:31 AM
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #94
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m
been busy playing with my latest toy

[IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Love the old Husky! Those dual piggy-back Ohlins are just cool! But did you really have to go back to the old school gear?! And where do you find an in-new-condition Bell Moto 4 anyway?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #95
K2m OP

That Moto 4 was a lucky ebay score. Every one was bidding ridiculous amounts for ratty Moto 3's with no interest in Moto 4's. Immaculate condition $80 from the States.

You could not afford a pair of Ohlin piggy-backs in Australia...... The Taiwan equivalent YSS junk are $1300AU. Thanks to the strong Aussie dollar $930AU landed Built for me...........

The footy jersey with Kevlar riding jeans are so good to ride in....... I just love cotton clothing. Synthetics, thermals, Gore-Tex are great in Cold / Wet weather. Having been spoilt by wearing cotton I find that I want to wear it all the time..........even on my GasGas

I am wearing full body protection underneath.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #96
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
I managed to score a cheap MM 4 piston caliper, and looking at master cylinder options.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16x18...#ht_4407wt_939

why are they so cheap?

Also what adapter is needed for the 950 forks?

Your bike is lookin good rory!

Cheers
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #97
K2m OP

Jake

I was just about to pm you .........the hoses have arrived from England 2 hours ago.

I think you have an SE which means you do not need to change the Master Cylinder as it is a perfect match. I run one.

Those cheep things are from my research online........ junk .......Thailand copy's

I guess you get what you pay for......

The adaptor plate is for the 640 KTM.... or you could get one made here.

Motostrano's shipping is the most expensive Fed Ex. It would be cheaper to use a forwarding company and use USPS.........
Old 06-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #98
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Hey guys,

I was trying to bolt on a Motomaster sytem to my Beemer with 990 forks yesterday. Clearance to the spokes doesn't look too bad with the 19" front rim, but I ran into another issue that I haven't seen mentioned here: the little extension for the rear fender mounting bolt will not allow me to rotate the caliper and bracket far enough to get the top bolt in:

It looks like 5mm spacers won't solve this either, and I would run into more clearance problems with the bolt heads on the brake rotor.

Has anybody fitted one to a 990 or are you all using the older 950 Adv or SE forks?

Cheers,
Lukas

LukasM screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 04:13 PM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #99
The Hov
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
i am really interested in this brake system i have a 2005.5 adventure 950 and i like the stock low fender and was wondering if i could keep it with this brake system as all the bikes i see using the moto-master brakes have high fenders
The Hov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #100
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Hey guys,

I was trying to bolt on a Motomaster sytem to my Beemer with 990 forks yesterday. Clearance to the spokes doesn't look too bad with the 19" front rim, but I ran into another issue that I haven't seen mentioned here: the little extension for the rear fender mounting bolt will not allow me to rotate the caliper and bracket far enough to get the top bolt in:

Cheers,
Lukas
You have to cut it off. Nothing a hacksaw and a file can't fix. Then just fab up a small tab from the calliper bolt to bolt your fend to.
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #101
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hov View Post
i am really interested in this brake system i have a 2005.5 adventure 950 and i like the stock low fender and was wondering if i could keep it with this brake system as all the bikes i see using the moto-master brakes have high fenders

990S stock fender used.

tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #102
Jim Colombotos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
I need this setup can't stand stock brakes on street. hmmm what about us abs folks, gafers?
Jim Colombotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #103
Jim Colombotos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
I sent an email to moto masters in (belgium?) asking about abs single disk kits this is what I got...

Thank you for your interest in Moto-Master products.

We supply replacement discs for the 990 Adventure but no single-disc kit.

Best regards,

Rolf Verhagen
Moto-Master BV

So is there another moto master?
Is this a complete kit or are you guys just piecing it yourself, if so who machining caliper bracket.

JC
Jim Colombotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #104
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
I have fitted this system to my DL650 (spoked front) and I have a caliper bracket the same as listed above 211022 unused. Let me know if your after it. Also a 640 adv front fender not being used if someone wants to cut one up to try.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #105
The Hov
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
well i just mounted this whole moto-master brake system to my 950 adventure i used the 320mm flame rotor and
moto-master master cylinder i got the whole kit off an inmate on here( thanks Lukas) i used spacers that measured 4.74 mm thick as they were what i could get but there is enough room between the caliper and the spokes. i was also able to mount the speedo sensor in the stock location as i used button head bolts to mount brake disk, i also removed a little material from where the sensor mounts and the speedo works like normal. i rode the bike a few times and did some hard braking tests and one more problem i did find which hasn't been mentioned on here is that
the little buttons that make the disk floating can rub the bottom of the fork under really hard braking or if you bottom out the fork. i took about half a mm off the little buttons with a grinder and i think that has cured the problem. this system looks great and works great, the feel at the lever is way better than the stock brakes and there is lots of braking power, when i was testing the system on pavement i could easily lock up the front tire when i wanted to. the
big bonus is the weight savings you can really feel the difference 3kg of unsprung weight off the front end makes, this bike always wheelied but now it's easier and i found sliding the bike on dirt roads thru the corners is a lot more controlled now like a smaller normal dirt bike. i would highly recommend this kit there is a lot of tight tolerances and
it is rather expensive but i think the way it transforms the handling and braking of this bike are worth it.
The Hov is offline   Reply With Quote