ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #2011
Chuck Pryce
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: western n.c.
Oddometer: 218
Nice job, she is a real looker!!!!
Chuck Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #2012
volbeat22
n/a
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 773
Thanks Chuck.
volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #2013
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
 
Pablo83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
Finished bike. I'm still trying to perfect the jetting, but she's done.

Build thread?
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #2014
volbeat22
n/a
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 773
No, I regret not doing one. I'm too busy to be a photo journalist!

I should do an after the fact build thread, just so others can learn from my build or steal ideas.
volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #2015
MIOB
Studly Adventurer
 
MIOB's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: A cold, wet, flat place
Oddometer: 897
MIOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #2016
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
Well it was a miserable rainy day today, good thing the races were indoors!

I volunteered to work track side flagging the indoor flat track races today at Calsonic Arena in Shelbyville, TN. It seemed to be a very good event and a good track despite a couple of holes that developed that we tried to fill, pack, and smooth during the breaks.





















__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #2017
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
There were riders age 6 to better than 60. It was hard to tell who was having more fun but I had the most fun watching these young guys dice for position.

__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #2018
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
They also included quads in the event today. That amount of power with the traction to back it up was a sight to behold. Not sure you could get me on one of those. I think the 2 wheeled bikes were actually safer.















__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #2019
jehu OP
∩HƏſ
 
jehu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Vail,AZ
Oddometer: 3,638
On VFT now.

__________________
Gran Canyon, XR650R, CB77, V7 Sport, Hodaka
jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #2020
east high
Studly Adventurer
 
east high's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Oddometer: 944
Looks like someone got a little motorcycle on their pipe.
__________________
'71 r75/5
east high is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #2021
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma
 
Donkey Hotey's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: 20 Mule Team Trail (Palmdale, Ca)
Oddometer: 10,531
For the love of all that is holy, please, somebody tell me that this ISN'T an XR750 with a Sportster engine and street title.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...789047564.html

I absofreakinlutely do not need another bike, much less another project. Every detail I compare to the XR750 frame matches: the steering neck, the oil tank, the swingarm, the upper shock mounts, etc, etc.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #2022
Donzzilla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Donzzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Brackney,PA
Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
For the love of all that is holy, please, somebody tell me that this ISN'T an XR750 with a Sportster engine and street title.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...789047564.html

I absofreakinlutely do not need another bike, much less another project. Every detail I compare to the XR750 frame matches: the steering neck, the oil tank, the swingarm, the upper shock mounts, etc, etc.
That's what it is. Some one took a good race bike and put some "Panster" abortion motor in it.
Donzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #2023
GSMark
Just Love Bikes
 
GSMark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Arizona... Hot as hell!
Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzzilla View Post
That's what it is. Some one took a good race bike and put some "Panster" abortion motor in it.
Yup, what Don said. ^
I think that it would sell for more $$$ without the motor. Here it is:



__________________
AMA Earned Life Member Iron Butt Association Member
suttoncycleworks.com
Honda XR650L XR600 NX650 Oil Cooler Kit
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #2024
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma
 
Donkey Hotey's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: 20 Mule Team Trail (Palmdale, Ca)
Oddometer: 10,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzzilla View Post
That's what it is. Some one took a good race bike and put some "Panster" abortion motor in it.
Well, it's easy to dismiss the engine as some abortion. I doubt anybody would yank a perfectly good XR motor and then go to all that trouble to build something else. Probably had the engine pulled for a spare for some other bike, or maybe it grenaded and wasn't rebuildable?

In any case, somebody managed to fit two front heads, work out all the plumbing (intake and exhaust) and--worst of all--the cams. I don't think you can just swap some cams around or retime the ones in there.

I don't know the flow characteristics of the Panheads but, my guess is they may flow better than the stock Sportster heads. If not, finding two front Sportster heads wouldn't be tough.

Plus, it has a street title (not so easy to do in Kalifornia anymore).

I can't find anything else glaringly wrong with it...except cosmetics. That's a minor nit in the big scheme of things.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #2025
skorpioskorpio
Gnarly Adventurer
 
skorpioskorpio's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
Well, it's easy to dismiss the engine as some abortion. I doubt anybody would yank a perfectly good XR motor and then go to all that trouble to build something else. Probably had the engine pulled for a spare for some other bike, or maybe it grenaded and wasn't rebuildable?

In any case, somebody managed to fit two front heads, work out all the plumbing (intake and exhaust) and--worst of all--the cams. I don't think you can just swap some cams around or retime the ones in there.

I don't know the flow characteristics of the Panheads but, my guess is they may flow better than the stock Sportster heads. If not, finding two front Sportster heads wouldn't be tough.

Plus, it has a street title (not so easy to do in Kalifornia anymore).

I can't find anything else glaringly wrong with it...except cosmetics. That's a minor nit in the big scheme of things.
Panheads have the ports for the exhaust and intake on the same side of the head. I forget who makes them but those heads are as rare as an XR frame and not simply 2 front heads. They are a mirror of the XR arrangement.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014