Old 10-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #46
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Wicked Just as I suspected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny
SNIP>>>>

Set my needle at clip 3, IMS at 2 turns out and BINGO! F"ing perfect! 45 PFJ, 40/80/100 Air and 140/142 mains.

<<<<

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #47
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,057
Can anyone tell me if the fuel screw on the kein regulates Air or Fuel?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #48
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Succinct answer =

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman
Can anyone tell me if the fuel screw on the kein regulates Air or Fuel?
Fuel

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #49
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
BINGO! F"ing perfect! Flannys bike runs perfect with my jet setup........ good stuff

K2m screwed with this post 11-01-2007 at 08:52 AM
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #50
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,057
I was once told that if the screw is in front of the slide, it is a fuel meter, if it is behind the slide, it is an air meter. Has anyone else heard of this?

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #51
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman
I was once told that if the screw is in front of the slide, it is a fuel meter, if it is behind the slide, it is an air meter. Has anyone else heard of this?
yes
Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #52
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Put the stock paper filter in tonight and went riding around with no right fuel tank on....

Set my needle at clip 3, IMS at 2 turns out and BINGO! F"ing perfect! 45 PFJ, 40/80/100 Air and 140/142 mains.

This is reverting me back to the same set-up I has awhile ago according to my tuning notes, but which ran like crap -- I must have f'ed something up when I put it back together that time (like a carb vent or manifold or something). Damn!

Anyway...while I was at it, I swaped Paper for DNA back to back both with Pre-filter. and did some short rides. At these settings the paper+uni combo is defintely more spot-on than the DNA+Uni combo. Very snappy throttle and good roll-on 2nd gear power wheelies. 1/8-1/4 cruise issues are resolved.

With the DNA, I'd say the bike revs out faster, but the misture still seems lean throughout the range. I think going up one step on the mains to 142/145 (in this cold weather) would prolly make this set-up rip, along with tapering back on the air to 40/80/80.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...defintely a steo in the righ direction tonight!

BTW - I also drilled the slides to 2.8mm, and that may also be contirbuting to the snappy trhottle as well...Cheers!

So I tried the DNA with one minor change on the idle circuit first. Richened up the mixture with a swap to 40/80/80 and now the bike runs like crap on the pilot circuit and idles rough. Doesn't rev out as quickly, and the pipe sounds really rough.

I'm going to try leaning back out to 40/80/100, and then adjusting the fuel screw....or maybe I'll work back up to 90/100 to so how it reacts to that while maintaining fuel scre position at 1.75 and 2....

Flanny screwed with this post 10-18-2007 at 06:39 PM
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #53
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
So I tried the DNA with one minor change on the idle circuit first. Richened up the mixture with a swap to 40/80/80 and now the bike runs like crap on the pilot circuit and idles rough. Doesn't rev out as quickly, and the pipe sounds really rough.

I'm going to try leaning back out to 40/80/100, and then adjusting the fuel screw....or maybe I'll work back up to 90/100 to so how it reacts to that while maintaining fuel scre position at 1.75 and 2....
Can't help you with jetting since mine is FI. However, to make you feel better I hit the dyno and dna was worth over 2.5hp.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #54
K2m

Quote:

Just try a step or 2 on the mains Flanny. Leave the needle and pilot circuit the same as when it worked with paper. That should do the trick for the DNA.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #55
K2m

Three totally different exhaust..........Three Paper filter with foam Pre-filter.......... Three "same jetting"........... Très fucking perfect

Join us
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #56
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m
Three totally different exhaust..........Three Paper filter with foam Pre-filter.......... Three "same jetting"........... Très fucking perfect

Join us

Actually on the paper filter with 40/80/100 and 140, 140 mains needle 3rd clip and fuel screws at 1.5 & 2 the thing is slightly rich across the range.

I was out on Sunday and during the day at 22 DEg C. the bike ran rich...When the temperature dropped after dark, the bike came to life and ran almost flawlessly on the denser air...

So...I think I'm going to jump up to 40/90/100 to see if that's enough across the board...
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #57
K2m

Quote:
When the temperature dropped after dark, the bike came to life and ran almost flawlessly on the denser air...
Flanny I think it will run richer with denser air. Which would suggest that it ran leaner across the range, but ran better when richer up in the denser air. I may be mistaken on this, but when you go up in altitude the air is less dense so it would run leaner correct?? Perhaps someone else could comment.

We do not get to much altitude training in Oz
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #58
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m
Flanny I think it will run richer with denser air. Which would suggest that it ran leaner across the range, but ran better when richer up in the denser air. I may be mistaken on this, but when you go up in altitude the air is less dense so it would run leaner correct?? Perhaps someone else could comment.

We do not get to much altitude training in Oz
All other things being the same, an increase in altitude will result in a richer mixture.

-cp

Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #59
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Cool2 So much to do so little time If only JJ had enough Koolaid for all the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwoodys
Your getting slower.
Ha! You don't know the half of it. Runnin' around putin' out all these spot fires is wearin' me down, bro'

-cp

Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #60
K2m

But this does not make sense.....................................

Denser air should be harder to draw through an air filter creating a higher vacuum in the venturi so sucking more fuel into the engine................I think

I do love these discussions