User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
ADVDAD OP
Trip-n on da Beemer

Oddometer: 78
Ride Mexico this winter, anyone?????

I would like to ride down to Mexico some this winter,kind of test the water so to speak, anyone interested? maybe baja or???? i'm in north Georgia and could meet up just about anywhere, if interested pm me.
ADVDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Zagando
BMW uber alles!

Oddometer: 974
FWIW, I'm riding slab from SF Bay Area to La Paz via San Diego/Tecate solo on my PD. Leaving around November 1-3rd

Would welcome anyone (preferably experienced) who wants to tag along, all or part of the way.

ex: '94 K75S "Berlina" '92 R100GSPD
'85 K100RS '73 R75/5 '65 R60/2
Zagando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
McMaster
Any Direction Anytime

Oddometer: 298
When are you going

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVDAD
I would like to ride down to Mexico some this winter,kind of test the water so to speak, anyone interested? maybe baja or???? i'm in north Georgia and could meet up just about anywhere, if interested pm me.
When are you planning on going any dates set ?? what time frame are you looking at ?? there is another thread started but its only a three or four day trip...I am heading south this winter for at least around 20 days maybe more I am planning on going south with that group and then when they head north I will head south ...I would definatley try to meet up with you if our time frames cross ...let me know when you figure what your travel dates will be I plan on Baja for sure and am contemplating a ferry from La Paz across to Mazatlan or there abouts and then crossing maybe to come back up the Yucatan side
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
I would like to also, but I´d post this over in Outer Darkness Regional Forums, rather than here in trip planning.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Tama's Tigre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
I'm near Houston, and would like to take a 2 week ride into northern Mexico this fall, or a longer ride deeper south (Yucatan Peninsula, Carribean side) this winter. I am an experienced rider, and would also prefer to go with like kind.

If I don't end up hooking up with some of you guys and gals, does anyone have suggestions for your favorite north Mexico rides?

PS: I speak the language, and that might come in handy...
Tama's Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
rmarkr
Squatter

Oddometer: 386
Central America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama's Tigre
I'm near Houston, and would like to take a 2 week ride into northern Mexico this fall, or a longer ride deeper south (Yucatan Peninsula, Carribean side) this winter. I am an experienced rider, and would also prefer to go with like kind.

If I don't end up hooking up with some of you guys and gals, does anyone have suggestions for your favorite north Mexico rides?

PS: I speak the language, and that might come in handy...
I will be tagging along with one or two riders heading all the way south. I only have three weeks in December, and intend to try go as far as Panama, and then return. We will be leaving, probably, on the first weekend of December, and I hope to be back home (South Carolina) by Xmas. Could certainly use your language skills. All experienced BMW riders (I'll be on a F650GS) the others on big GS's. Let me know

Mark Renew
markrenew@hargray.com
rmarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
Tama's Tigre
Gnarly Adventurer

Mark,

That sounds great

I guess I could slum it with "experienced BMW riders"

I'll send you an email.
J.R. AKA Tama's Tigre
Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 AM   #8
rmarkr
Squatter

Oddometer: 386
Slumming it

Quote:
Mark,

That sounds great

I guess I could slum it with "experienced BMW riders"
"What is the cheapest part on a BMW?"
"The rider"

So you will be in good company!
rmarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
Tama's Tigre
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkr
"What is the cheapest part on a BMW?"
"The rider"

So you will be in good company!
Yes I will my new friend. I'm looking forward to the trip!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #10
ADVDAD OP
Trip-n on da Beemer

Quote:
Yes I will my new friend. I'm looking forward to the trip!
Sounds like you guys have it figured out, i might could make it for a few weeks in december, i have a couple of gig's in dec, just have to see what the dates are, I also have all of november open and all of janurary if thats a option?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #11
Tama's Tigre
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds like you guys have it figured out, i might could make it for a few weeks in december, i have a couple of gig's in dec, just have to see what the dates are, I also have all of november open and all of janurary if thats a option?
Dude, I would like to do about a week in the middle of November in northern Mexico. If you're coming from Georgia, you can make a Houston stop-over at my place, and we could head down south. I've never ridden in Mexico, so we'd have to scope it out, but it sounds like fun.

I hope you like tequila and cervesas

my email is tamastigre@hotmail.com
Old 10-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #12
ADVDAD OP
Trip-n on da Beemer

Quote:
Dude, I would like to do about a week in the middle of November in northern Mexico. If you're coming from Georgia, you can make a Houston stop-over at my place, and we could head down south. I've never ridden in Mexico, so we'd have to scope it out, but it sounds like fun.

I hope you like tequila and cervesas

my email is tamastigre@hotmail.com
Tequila and cervesas ? oh yea! However It is starting to look like the best time for me is going to be janurary. I really would like to run down the Baja at a moderate pace, nothing crazy, spend most of the month there, ride daily, do some photography, some fishing, etc. Let me know.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
mpilon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
I also have all of november open and all of janurary if thats a option?
I am leaving Québec the 24th (if it does not snow...) for Costa Rica. This ride is my birthday gift ; will be 50 the 23rd.
:)

I do not have specific plans except go toward south , more millage the first few days to reach warmer temperature.

I may overnight in Pennsylvania the 25th. Nothing else on the scedule ( it is great !). People ask me : where do you go ? SOUTH for how long? dont know. What are your plans ? No plans !

Yes !
mpilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #14
ADVDAD OP
Trip-n on da Beemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilon
I am leaving Québec the 24th (if it does not snow...) for Costa Rica. This ride is my birthday gift ; will be 50 the 23rd.
:)

I do not have specific plans except go toward south , more millage the first few days to reach warmer temperature.

I may overnight in Pennsylvania the 25th. Nothing else on the scedule ( it is great !). People ask me : where do you go ? SOUTH for how long? dont know. What are your plans ? No plans !

Yes !
looks like janurary (all month) is when i can do it, i envy you, costa rica, would love to do it, what bike are you riding? i think baja then maybe the ferry over to the mainland and then back up is about all i can do this winter, looking to do alaska this summer, maybe cr next year. if your comming thru north georgia you can overnight here.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #15
mpilon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
looks like janurary (all month) is when i can do it, i envy you, costa rica, would love to do it, what bike are you riding? i think baja then maybe the ferry over to the mainland and then back up is about all i can do this winter, looking to do alaska this summer, maybe cr next year. if your comming thru north georgia you can overnight here.
Thank you for the invitation. I just bought for this project a ktm 990 adventure. I found it to be an almost no compromise bike.
Depending of my pace we may meet somewhere!

Marc
mpilon is offline   Reply With Quote