ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
takemorepills OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Places to ride between PNW to Idaho?

In April we'd like to head over to Idaho (from Seattle area) for Spring Break. I'd like to hit up a few riding spots on the way. I really don't have much idea where to ride, many ideas from the internet usually seem good until later on in the thread people start mentioning new restrictions, closures, fees, gates, development, etc.

I have a DRZ400K (off-road) and my 7 yr old son has a YZF80 quad, I'm from Arizona and used to ride desert and dunes for years but now I am older and more careful, my boy is a beginner, but doing good so far. So we are looking for places along the way that offer safe riding, available in April, sandy would be nice (we don't have paddles but I have heard that sand here is more coarse and knobby should be OK?), open areas that my boy can safely tool around on.

Any suggestions much appreciated, and both my DRZ and his YZF have current ORV tags, so any other info like if I need a Disco pass or other technicality would be helpful too...
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
joeaverage
mediumcore

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
In April we'd like to head over to Idaho (from Seattle area) for Spring Break. I'd like to hit up a few riding spots on the way. I really don't have much idea where to ride, many ideas from the internet usually seem good until later on in the thread people start mentioning new restrictions, closures, fees, gates, development, etc.

I have a DRZ400K (off-road) and my 7 yr old son has a YZF80 quad, I'm from Arizona and used to ride desert and dunes for years but now I am older and more careful, my boy is a beginner, but doing good so far. So we are looking for places along the way that offer safe riding, available in April, sandy would be nice (we don't have paddles but I have heard that sand here is more coarse and knobby should be OK?), open areas that my boy can safely tool around on.

Any suggestions much appreciated, and both my DRZ and his YZF have current ORV tags, so any other info like if I need a Disco pass or other technicality would be helpful too...
You might want to check out Moses Lake sand dunes. I've never been there but hope to some day. It looks like it would be a blast for a quad. I know they require the flag thingys and possibly a discover pass.
joeaverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,378
Mattawa might be a good choice, there are plenty of nice roads, a little singletrack, sandy hillclimbs, two track and a beautiful bluff to look north off of.

what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #4
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 3,119
Stop in E'berg and get the pass to ride through the wind farm at Horse Heaven Hills. Excellent views and easy riding.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote