ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
el' hefe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Seattle Triumph going into old Aurora Suzuki location

Being a fan of all things Orange, I noticed a flash of orange as I drove by the old and now closed Aurora Suzuki dealership located on hwy 99. Being a person attracted to bright and shiny objects, I thought it must have been a construction sign or some other random sign hanging in the window of the old storefront. As did a quick double take over my shoulder, I confirmed it was actually a new KTM sign!

I did another drive by today to confirm what I saw. Yup, an RC8 is sitting in the window behind the KTM sign. There is another sign noting that this is the new location for Seattle Triumph, and will sell KTM's as well.

I could also see a few racks of Klim and Revit apparel hanging in the window. Now I am real good about living under a rock, and not keeping up to date about motorcycle shops coming and going, but this is news to me, so I thought I would let everyone know.

I was a bit bummed that Aurora Suzuki closed, not because of their great customer service (it wasn't great), their superior parts selection (nothing superior about it), or repair shop (again, sub par from the few times I tried to use them), but mostly for the convenience factor. But now I am pretty excited about having quick access to KTM parts when in a pinch.

Hope some others out there are as excited as I am about this.
el' hefe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
nwbiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
The KTM truck is expected to unload new toys in a week or so. For now, just the used RC8. They've really opened up the space -- can't wait for them to fill it up with bikes!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
EmBeeZedEx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
"welcome to the neighborhood" party at SUB wednesday FYI
EmBeeZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #4
dieselhank
950 sumo wrassler

Oddometer: 1
Hells yeah!! A local KTM shop will be fantastic!! Looking forward to it! Anybody have a good idea of when all this fun might take place (ie open and operating)? Thanks all!!
dieselhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
causef0rconcern
Rift Explorer

Oddometer: 227
I've heard the KTM side of things will be limited to street stuff. I hope to at least be able order dirt parts, if not browse bikes and off road gear!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
joeaverage
mediumcore

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhank View Post
Hells yeah!! A local KTM shop will be fantastic!! Looking forward to it! Anybody have a good idea of when all this fun might take place (ie open and operating)? Thanks all!!
I heard they were opening the 22nd to coincide with the international motorcycle show.
joeaverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
nwbiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
The Aurora store opened last Friday. They really opened up floor space compared to the old Suzuki shop.

Just new Triumphs and scooters right now. New KTMs are due later this week, I hear. They posted on Facebook that the Grand Opening Party will be 11/22, 6pm.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
EmBeeZedEx
Adventurer

true, its KTM street bikes and Triumph dirt bikes, who'd have imagined such a thing? (not JUST tigers though, plenty of speed this and rocket that) and don't forget Zero.

KTM, like many brands won't allow two dealerships in the same AOR. Since ToS' former neighbor does KTM dirtbikes only that leaves ToS free to pick up the other side of things.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,116
ya, let us know how many dirt bike parts they carry. Hell, tell us how many street bike parts they carry.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #10
el' hefe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

For me, it is more of a convenience factor as I own a 950. Being able to go less than ten blocks for last minute parts (that I neglect to mail order can be a life saver) on pre-trip maintenance.

Definitely not going to be a highlight if you are looking for orange dirt bikes or dirt bike parts.

Then again, if they have a 1290 SD on the show room floor, I may need to stop in a bit more frequently.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #11
EmBeeZedEx
Adventurer

again my understanding is that KTM dealer AOR is being split. Lynnwood motoplex handles EX's and SX's while ToS will be handling Dukes and RC's.

Sure, you probably COULD get parts and service at either but
Old 11-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
mwames88
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Tos

Hello!

I am the Sales Manager for Triumph of Seattle / KTM Seattle.

We will be stocking the entire line of street and dirt bikes, and even some of the MX bikes. If we don't have a particular bike you are interested in we can definitely get it for you.

We are very excited to start getting them in! They should start arriving late next week to mid the week after.

- Michael
mwames88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,266
Alright!

No more offworld travel for dirt parts and bikes.
what broke now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #14
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwames88 View Post
Hello!

I am the Sales Manager for Triumph of Seattle / KTM Seattle.

We will be stocking the entire line of street and dirt bikes, and even some of the MX bikes. If we don't have a particular bike you are interested in we can definitely get it for you.

We are very excited to start getting them in! They should start arriving late next week to mid the week after.

- Michael
And I am sure you are also excited about meeting all of these wonderful ADVriders and offering them some fantastic deals on some amazing products and making customers for life with great service and a friendly staff!

Or, are the new bikes that are being delivered the only exciting part

Good luck with the new shop - its nice seeing motorcycles shops actually opening with so many closing lately.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #15
el' hefe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

mwames88; Thanks for clarifying and putting an end to the rumor mill.

Yes, as OregonCoast said, an ADV discount would be a great way to get more of these curmudgeons in to your new location!

I stopped by the grand opening last night, and I was impressed by the turnout. Good to see such a strong following for a MC shop. I think you will do good in your new location. Seems to suit your target demographic much better.

For me personally, I am in it for the Orange side of things.